Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

also maxx i was wondering what your cloning set up was, and how you go about doing that :) soon my questions will be done hahaha iv almost got it all figured out buddy :D

haha im going to ask you a third question while im at it, do you buy 3x3 rockwood cubes, with cutouts, and the plugs. And then put your clones in the plugs and then when they are ready for the vg you transplant them? Can you re use rockwool? where is the cheapest place to buy it? If you have to replace 80 every 2 months i bet that can be extremely costly

soon my questions will be done hahaha iv almost got it all figured out buddy :D

i doubt that. . . no offense but i've been growing for years and don't have it all figured out.

i never asked maxx but ill bet the farm that he has a regulator and tank setup. he only has 1 volks in a small tent, a gas burning tank would be overkill in that type of setup. you are only gonna know what you need once you actually do it, because your needs will be unique to your setup.

grow, i want to help you, but not by telling how to do everything, thats impossible, theres way too much to learn, and i dont know everything anyways. what you have to do is start somewhere, and go slow. . . theres a learning curve. help def speeds up the curve.

but first off get some stuff. not everything just major things. put it together and start growing. learn about the stuff you have first and then get more stuff and learn about that.

most people can't just go out and buy 5 grand worth of stuff. you spend a few hundred here a few hundred there, and before you know it, you know what your doing and you pumping co2 and all the other good stuff.

you want a volksgarden and got some cash in hand? cool! not the system id suggest starting off with just because i think dirt is a thousand time easier. but forget co2, thats for later. . .
major things:
get a 600 or 1000 watt ballast, lamp cord and socket and a bulb. get a tent, a 6" can fan, some ducting, a resevoir, at least 2 timers, a long lead cord and a power strip, some good nutrients, just ask at the store or read some journals and see what others use. Get a decent PH meter and a decent TDS meter. get a decent air pump and some good airstones. 3" x 3" rookwool cubes, lots, yes with a hole in it, and get the same number of 1".
you could get a carbon filter if you have any cash left.

that right there including the volks will run you 4 grand at least. then you have to buy plants. . . thats a-whole-nother story. . . lol.

yea i wasnt planning on going co2 right away but I am going volks right away so I was just wanting to know as much as possible so i didnt fuck things up. I am a perfectionist with everything i do so i love to get my head wrapped around stuff, but i totally understand that I will be having to figure things out on my own :)

but im guessing you cant re use rockwool? lol its pretty expensive in 3" cubes

I was thinking I would spend around 4500 dollars (canadian)

the volks
600w bulb n ballast (another one later)
combo ph +ppm+temp meter
6x6x6 tent
buddy is giving me a ac unit
carbon scrubber
shit ton of rock wool apparently lol
revevoir, pump, tubing ect
botanicare cns bloom + grow
bud blood
monster bloom
a thermostat to go inside the tent for the ac
timers for the water pump

I have priced it out and everything i need excluding the tent and vg is about 1000 american so far

yup. looks like a good list. big! i forgot ac, that is important if you live in a hot climate. good choice.

now, before you "figure it out" you just have to wait till it all arrives and the solution will present itself when you are actually doing it. you'll have questions that you didnt think of before because you didn't know enough to ask them, and questions you have now will seem obvious because its the only way that makes sense. you'll get it, be patient.

i just got some cns17 grow n bloom. 25 bucks total for both, 1 gal each. it was on sale so i picked it up. not gonna use it yet though. i dont like switching nutes mid-turn.

thanks man I really appreciate you and maxx's help. I am unbelievably impressed with this website and the nice people who participate in it. When i am knowledgeable I will definitely help others just like me at this stage. So for the rockwool, is it not re-useable?

Also I was thinking I would probably buy the tent and all the materials i need to do the operation, set it all up so i can start to get an idea of how it will work

and then while im saving up to buy the volks (prolly take a month) I will start with like 4 plants (bc god) 75% indica 25% sativa and it also is a short stubby plant that yields huge so I figured it would be awesome for the vg. How do you do your mother plant and cloning. I was thinking I would most likely need 2 mother plants for 80 sites? And how long do the lil clones have to stay in a cloning chamber before i can let them loose on the vg??? just have to establish a little bit of a root structure???

LISTEN TO ME!!! it almost sounds like i know what im talking about hahahaha

I am so excited the vg is such a dope lookin setup, cant wait to see the lil babies grow buddy :thanks:

Grow, the Wheelman told you right. Get some stuff, you're gonna need it. Get 4 plants(clone starts) and nurture them. If you're worried about the cost of 80 3" GW, get some simpler stuff. Start small, and learn fundemental nursery skills. You're not gonna get it till you do it. Try some bagseed. Cheap school supplies with a suprise for your bong. Works for me.

well if im spending close to 5 grand im doing it for real, no offense propa gator... So if it costs me 300 bucks in rockwool every 2 months then so be it. if i had some piece of shit setup in my closet i wouldnt really care lol

I don't know where you are getting your figures from. For one run on the VG it takes about 70 1.5" rockwool cubes and about 70 3" cubes. The little ones are 20$ total, and the 3" are 50. Thats right 50$! The total in rockwool per run is 70 dollars. where are you getting 300? With nutes thats about 100 dollars per run for outside purchases.

Also I would'nt advise starting out in soil. Jump straight to hydro. I did. It is way more fun. Who doesn't like a challenge? Do you know how to pour water on a potted plant? Can you harvest fluffy non professional looking buds? If so then you have graduated from soil school. The VG is easy enough that you can start on it. Just veg for a few days and go straight to flower. Don't do anything else. Mix the nutes in a proper ratio and don't screw around w the plants themselves. Don't mist them, don't top them, don't trim them. Just look at them and smile. You can do that right?

If you are going to start out w something b4 the VG go with Ebb and Flow/ flood and drain. vey simple and the results are so much better than soil, you will be glad you didn't waste 3 months.

As for clones - it takes only three mothers. 20 - 25 clips each. Grow the mothers for 2 - 3 months and they will be ready. (soil is perfect for MOMs!! See you get to grow in soil after all. Soil is good in this case because of the lack of maintenance it will take vs Hydro moms. Keeping the temps right in DWC buckets will be a nightmare compared to soil. And my main advice about soil and listen close - water them less than you think you should. Over watering will stunt them and kill them very slowly. It will be a big waste of time. Water a little and if you think they need it water more later) Clone in the 1.5 inch rockwool cubes, they fit right into the 3" cubes with the round holes. I know that a square peg shouldnt fit in a round hole, but in this case it does.

Cloning in rockwool cubes is very easy. Way easier than an ez cloner which is very hard to keep cool. it may save you a few days but it is way easier to lose many babies, very fast. With rockwool you just keep them moist and leave them alone! Put the dome over them, and don't mist them. They will be ready in a little over two weeks. Check the moisture of the cubes evry day. It is very very easy to build a couple of plastic cabinets with flourescent lights that will be perfect for your mother/clone operation.

Cloning will actually be harder than growing. Expect to lose a bunch of babies at first. Be patient. Don't over water them but don't let them completely dry out. Don't get lazy, keep checking on them. I lost most of my kids to neglect. By the time I realized they were thirsty - they were shriveled. Now I keep an eye on them - often.

And stick to short indicas. Don't mess with exotic hazes or OGs. Stay away from 10 week strains. For the VG you want 8 weeks or less.

And don't forget to save your trim! There is so much trim w the v garden, you would be a fool to just toss it away. Make hash or butter out of it.

Sorry for rambling, but this here Snowcap hash is kickin!:thanks:

dude that was an awesome post, your totally on the same page as me, and i just hit some og kush and im done for hahahaha
So i use the 1.5" rockwool eh thats dope i saw it on my hydro site for cheapp
so i just get a dome for it and hook up a flouresent light going and keep the rockwool somewhat moist???
that sounds not too bad :)

hey, i was just reading your thread at the begining and found where you described your co2 setup. doh! sorry bout that.

also, in your next post with pics, could you show us the mazar and blackberry? or point them out in the pics. how far from harvest are you?

thanks,
WOF

Back
Top Bottom