Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

Welcome TightBuds,

We are all pretty new at the wheel game and still figuring out what works well. I and running a 600 hps and had a 400 mh sitting around not doing anything, and there was room in the cool-tube for it so in it went. If I had several of them I would be testing one against another to see which lamps the plants performed best with, and hope to be doing so shortly.

You certainly do not need the hood with the Volksgarden as it is utilizing the 360 degree radiation pattern coming from the bulb.

I hope you are going to do a journal and share with the rest of the community. The rumor is that we wheelers will get our own room here if we get 10 grow journals happening. Regardless I wish you all the best with your new Volksgarden, I have never been happier with a growing technology as I am with the Volksgarden for ease of use, quality of produce, and workload.

Cheers,
Maxx

Maxximus , Thanks for awnsering my questions. You saved me alot of time and money. I am not sure about the Journal at this point due to i do not know what i am doing with the machine, but once i get my feet down on the ground with couple of crops i probably will think about it then.

I believe at this point i have bought everything i need for it including the machine so we will see what all happens.

Again Thank You.:Rasta:

Greetings. This definitely is a cool set up. My question is for the guys
(such as me) with a limited source of high quality seeds. What is the
finish product per seed ratio on this set-up. Are you cloning or using
feminized seeds to take advantage of the system and its cost?

Congrats on your set up and its looking real sweet!

Thanks Dragonchaser,

For myself clones are the way to go, and I believe that mono culturing is the best way to have the greatest yield, however I am still weeding out (pardon the phrase) to find the one/s I want to grow.

In Cali it's easy to get whatever it is that you want (seeds or clones), but if you are in a area with slim pickins then creating your own clone bank is the ticket.

Cheers,
Maxx

TightBuds, I meant no personal insult earlier, only a play with common "mother plant" term. Loading a wheel is a big deal, its' capacity as many as 80. I've heard clones cost 20$ or so. Lotta dough. Mommys are the way to go. Multiples of the same are sisters. 80+ at once is a lot of vegetation. Max is demonstrating a lovely, mostly monoculture VG bud run on his journal here, and I shouldn't have butted in, but the devil made me do it.

tightbuds, I am running a quantum dimmable 600 ballast. i love it, right now, in the veg period i only run it at 450w.

I think i am going to get another one too. I want to run one hps and one MH. I should probably try to switch their positions every week. we'll see if that turns out to be too painful for me. I might run thme both at 450 (900w total, but better coverage than 1 1000w)

WheeloFortune- I was thinking the same thing about changing the Mh and Hps positions around too. I figured changing them around is going to help in some way.

Thanks CanbisMxmus- I'm reading all the information/posts right now. I have learned soo much already just off of those. I can not wait until my VG Machine and everything i bought comes in so i can get started to put all the information at work.

TightBuds

+rep to you maxx for the awesome setup. I grew 2 females with 2 weeks veg and they looked very similar to yours, not much branching at all, just a main cola bud. I was wondering if it would be possible to build your own roto-system but it looks like it would be a pain. I just with they didn't cost thousands of dollars to setup. Would you say that you've made back your money from the investment?.

Good growing ma brotha.

Charlie- Not to speak for max but I have easily made my investment back. I have been living off my wheel for a while now.

To everyone else-

Dont mess with MH lights in this system! You only need HPS. I only veg for 3 days for a reason!! So that the plants don't come near the light. Ask max what a nightmare that is. Why would I only veg for three days only to use a light that promotes veg growth? HPS people HPS. If you insist on using a second type of light - go with a big flouro I have heard that they increase resin production, not height.

Height is the number one thing to watch out for in this system. Keep it short and fat!

And if you have your heart set on getting an MH light - use it for your mommas! you need moms with lots of branches to take many clones...

Short Round, This might sound like a stupid question BUT If i were to go with a Big Flouro what type would be best and good for this system?

I would also be curious to hear from Maxximus and others that have this set up to see if they are using a second light and is it a Flouro, a 600 HPS or a lower wattage? Also what difference have they seen using a second versus only one?

TightBuds

Maxximus , Thanks for awnsering my questions. You saved me alot of time and money. I am not sure about the Journal at this point due to i do not know what i am doing with the machine, but once i get my feet down on the ground with couple of crops i probably will think about it then.

I believe at this point i have bought everything i need for it including the machine so we will see what all happens.

Again Thank You.:Rasta:

We are all pretty fresh here so dont let that stop you. There may be other things as you go forward that are maybe obvious in hindsight that you may also benefit from by..... shall we say.. exposing your tight buds to others in an anonymous way. :;): Any one got a problem with Tight Buds being a fresh newbie showing off in front of us? :woohoo: :popcorn:

Cheers,
Maxx

short round,

blue light should shorten the plants up, lack of it will make them stretch a bit.
Right?

tightbuds

I have 4 t8's on my wheel, but just because it's free. i wasn't using it. IMO, In general, compact fluorescent lamps are not a good choice for side lighting when using HID lamps as your main source.

I will probably get rid of them when I get another 600w quantum and put a MH in it, at least for the first 3-4 weeks until it stops stretching. HPS has very little blue light, and lack of blue light makes the plants stretch between internodes. once they are done stretching i may or may not go to two hps since the red will promote more flower hormones (last 6 weeks or so). also hps have more lumens/watt, so more light is better if blue spectrum is no longer a concern.

WheeloFortune- Thanks for posting this and letting me know. I actually bought 2 600 watt HPS and 2 600 Watt MH bulbs with my Quantum Dimmables. I was trying to figure out how the MH could be replaced all together.

Is it aloud to post items for sale on this board? I have used 400 watt lights of both types, bulbs, hydo buckets etc and many other items that folks might need or want. I just don't want to post them if it is against the rules.

Is it aloud to post items for sale on this board? I have used 400 watt lights of both types, bulbs, hydo buckets etc and many other items that folks might need or want. I just don't want to post them if it is against the rules.

High Tightbuds, sorry we don't allow any sales or direct arrangements of any sort on the boards.

Interesting discussion you guys are having. I'll send you a PM to elaborate

TightB,
np,

CMX, hortilux has an enhanced spectrum to compensate for not not having any blue. so that bulb puts out a decent amount of blue, and just SO MUCH LIGHT!

1000 bulb/20 ft^2 = 50w/ft^2, which is great considering every plant is directly under the bulb.

of course when the plants are 15" tall the canopy diameter effectively becomes 14" so then:
1000W/6.5ft^2 = 156w/ft^2. this might be more than what is usable? injecting co2 is a must with that much light, IMO.

i think 1 hps and 1 mh might be more effective, still a hell of a lot of light but broader spectrum.

just my opinion, but have read a lot of advice that is consistent with this hypothesis.

Back
Top Bottom