On The Shoulders of Giants: Hempy/Coco/OC+/GLH

No problem sexing them in the mini-hempies Zombo, that's exactly what Doc does. Just make sure you've got about a teaspoon of oc+ in with them and you'll be fine.

No problem sexing them in the mini-hempies Zombo, that's exactly what Doc does. Just make sure you've got about a teaspoon of oc+ in with them and you'll be fine.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........I only added two level tbsp./gallon of media! I better top dress tonight! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! When I top dress, is that just sprinkling the prills on the surface and watering all over or trying to mix it in the media?
:thumb::morenutes:Those babies are looking very nice.
Thanks! My pal just visited and though they were over watered? He did bring me some nice meds, OG Kush and Sensi Star, I'll post some pics later :tokin:

I guess I'd better go read the OC+ thread again lol

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........I only added two level tbsp./gallon of media! I better top dress tonight! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! When I top dress, is that just sprinkling the prills on the surface and watering all over or trying to mix it in the media?

Hey Zombo relax my friend! It's almost impossible to screw up hempy and oc+. You probably have enough prills but yes you can just add some to the top and water over them.

On my first grow I ran into the same problems you did, when I transplanted from minis to the big buckets I got some N deficiencies. So now I just make sure I dump plenty of prills in with them - it's impossible to overfeed (literally it is), and it's so cheap. I probably used 2-3 tbsp per gallon this last grow.

Water 2x a day until they hit the res. You'll know when that is, they'll start growing a lot. Then just water when the cups feel empty. Make sure the water is 6ish ph and TA is under 80 and you'll be perfect.

Hey Zombo relax my friend! It's almost impossible to screw up hempy and oc+. You probably have enough prills but yes you can just add some to the top and water over them.

On my first grow I ran into the same problems you did, when I transplanted from minis to the big buckets I got some N deficiencies. So now I just make sure I dump plenty of prills in with them - it's impossible to overfeed (literally it is), and it's so cheap. I probably used 2-3 tbsp per gallon this last grow.

Water 2x a day until they hit the res. You'll know when that is, they'll start growing a lot. Then just water when the cups feel empty. Make sure the water is 6ish ph and TA is under 80 and you'll be perfect.

ps at 2 tbsp per gallon you'll be fine my friend.

Thank you for the assurance Blue! I will water the babies x2 daily and wait for them to hit the res! I'm going to go with my plan of sexing them out in the 16oz. hempy cups then picking the best male, and paring down to the best 4 females, and transplanting them to the 3 gallon and one gallon hempy containers to finish them out.

Thanks again for your help, BlueDog! +rep if I can

EDIT: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BlueDog again."

Be careful keeping them in the 16oz cups too long. I recently just had my first root-bound plant, if you are using any beneficials in the root zone you may need to xfer them out before you think!

Just a warning as I decided to chop the root-bound lady..she had a hard time bouncing back quick enough for me.

:peace:

Be careful keeping them in the 16oz cups too long. I recently just had my first root-bound plant, if you are using any beneficials in the root zone you may need to xfer them out before you think!

Just a warning as I decided to chop the root-bound lady..she had a hard time bouncing back quick enough for me.

I'm thinking it's a delicate timing issue, with wanting them to have a nice root system before transplanting, but also having them in those containers long enough to sex them. Would it be too early now to flip them 12/12 without the root system making it to the reservoir yet?

ill tell you what MountainHigh has been rocking OC+ out with his mix. good organic soil, 1/3 of dose OC+ and full dose mater magic. very fat buds and clean smoke.

if i went back to OC+ i would use no more then 1/2 dose then feed the rest with organics. my smoke wasn't that clean with full dose OC+ and high temps in my hempy. so harsh i threw all my weed into butter.

could have been the high temps that caused it? IDK but it was chem tasting weed.

ill tell you what MountainHigh has been rocking OC+ out with his mix. good organic soil, 1/3 of dose OC+ and full dose mater magic. very fat buds and clean smoke.

if i went back to OC+ i would use no more then 1/2 dose then feed the rest with organics. my smoke wasn't that clean with full dose OC+ and high temps in my hempy. so harsh i threw all my weed into butter.

could have been the high temps that caused it? IDK but it was chem tasting weed.

Yeah, I'm being resistant to soil though; I have a hydro fetish I guess. Also, my tent has only been sitting at 73-77°F, so I'm wondering since OC+ prills are temperature sensitive to the release of their nutes, your high growing temperatures dumped too much into your medium?

I know that über top shelf meds are probably grown in soil, but I've not the inclination to do that, esp. with way more conflicting information on how to build soils up vs base soil and nutes in watering, etc., and seems like soil growers have more bug problems. I'm just trying to keep it real simple, and grow good meds, and this methiod I'm trying now (once I get it figured out) I think is the best for me at this time.

I appreciate your tips though, Irish Boy, not trying to be defensive or nothing :peace:

Yeah, I'm being resistant to soil though; I have a hydro fetish I guess. Also, my tent has only been sitting at 73-77°F, so I'm wondering since OC+ prills are temperature sensitive to the release of their nutes, your high growing temperatures dumped too much into your medium?

I know that über top shelf meds are probably grown in soil, but I've not the inclination to do that, esp. with way more conflicting information on how to build soils up vs base soil and nutes in watering, etc., and seems like soil growers have more bug problems. I'm just trying to keep it real simple, and grow good meds, and this methiod I'm trying now (once I get it figured out) I think is the best for me at this time.

I appreciate your tips though, Irish Boy, not trying to be defensive or nothing :peace:

i here you bro, you have to do what works for you and whats most comfy for you. as long as we all grow killer dank that matters. yes the OC+ seemed to dump allot of N in my medium, just wanted to give you a heads up and something to keep in mind and look out for.

Well, the babies were looking like shit, yellowing turned to brown, edges drying and crisping off!

Then I saw my vent flap on the back of the tent had come loose from the velcro stay and so the tent was hotter than Hades -- no freaking wonder the kids were drying out, it was a damned oven (89°F!!).

Got the vent open now and added extra velcro tape to make sure it doesn't shut again!:wood:

Well, the babies were looking like shit, yellowing turned to brown, edges drying and crisping off!

Then I saw my vent flap on the back of the tent had come loose from the velcro stay and so the tent was hotter than Hades -- no freaking wonder the kids were drying out, it was a damned oven (89°F!!).

Got the vent open now and added extra velcro tape to make sure it doesn't shut again!:wood:

are they going to make it?

Whew! That was close, a few more hours you probably would have lost them.

They're still looking a little rough today; I barely add any water to the tops and it's flowing right out the damned hole pretty quick, I've no doubt the media is moist at all, right?

I'm wondering if I have the lights too low for them yet? They're at 24" above the tops of the plants....maybe if they still look like crap when I got home from work, I'll raise the lights back up to 36" or so where they were initially.

If I kill 12 perfectly sprouted seeds, I'm going to punch myself in the face. Repeatedly.

haha ... i still laff looking at my quote. I don't understand spidermites ...never had them. Then again I where I reside I don't rely on someone elses clones... nor do I grab stuff from outdoors and bring it inside.

IMHO ..i think someone has yet to create a totally organic (and most importantly EZ to use) feeding schedule for mmj. Ill stand by lucas all day long. Not organic ... but my point of view is simple ... you light it ..it burns ...it smokes.

when organic becomes as simple as Lucas ... ill give it a try. BTW ... an old school grower in my neighborhood swears that cal-mag ..even the odor of it ..will ward off all bugs. I put some on a cotton ball in a jar with a cricket ... DEAD. The dahli lama might be angry with me, but I can promise no bugs in my garden...unless its a ladybug, praying mantis, or spiders. Ahhh gotta love chemicals and pollution!

I look forward to watching this grow from start to finish, but I feel you will have much work ahead ..and many many hours of stress. I do hope I'm incorrect!

We always run into something it seems! Seldom does anyone get a grow without any problems at all, yet is seems everyone gets some smoke out of it, and things will be smoother next grow.

I'm somewhat surprised that 89 degree heat messed em up that bad. On some hot days last go around I was sitting right around 88-91 degrees, didn't seem to hurt them all that bad.

Obviously different strains react differently, but do you think it could possibly be something else? Just throwing it out there..

Keeping positive thoughts for you Z. :goodluck:

haha ... i still laff looking at my quote. I don't understand spidermites ...never had them. Then again I where I reside I don't rely on someone elses clones... nor do I grab stuff from outdoors and bring it inside.

IMHO ..i think someone has yet to create a totally organic (and most importantly EZ to use) feeding schedule for mmj. Ill stand by lucas all day long. Not organic ... but my point of view is simple ... you light it ..it burns ...it smokes.

when organic becomes as simple as Lucas ... ill give it a try. BTW ... an old school grower in my neighborhood swears that cal-mag ..even the odor of it ..will ward off all bugs. I put some on a cotton ball in a jar with a cricket ... DEAD. The dahli lama might be angry with me, but I can promise no bugs in my garden...unless its a ladybug, praying mantis, or spiders. Ahhh gotta love chemicals and pollution!

I look forward to watching this grow from start to finish, but I feel you will have much work ahead ..and many many hours of stress. I do hope I'm incorrect!

I'm afraid so too -- If these don't pull through, I'm goign to be pissed....

We always run into something it seems! Seldom does anyone get a grow without any problems at all, yet is seems everyone gets some smoke out of it, and things will be smoother next grow.

*sigh* But they should all go perfect!

I'm somewhat surprised that 89 degree heat messed em up that bad. On some hot days last go around I was sitting right around 88-91 degrees, didn't seem to hurt them all that bad.

Obviously different strains react differently, but do you think it could possibly be something else? Just throwing it out there..

Keeping positive thoughts for you Z. :goodluck:

Thanks brother. I'm also thinking having the lights only 24" above the seedlings was not a great choice - I'll raise the lights back up to 36" when I get home after work.

The tent temp when I left was 86°F, so at least it's cooled off in there.

Back
Top Bottom