Only took 53 years

Top Score

420 Member
So 53 years after my first toke I'm in a state that allows me to grow medical marijuana. This is my first try and I'm working in the dark.
Got a batch of White Widow under LEDs and coming up on three weeks. Somebody out there knows the best nutrient/fertilizer to use and I sure could use the recommendations. Many thanks in advance.

So 53 years after my first toke I'm in a state that allows me to grow medical marijuana. This is my first try and I'm working in the dark.
Got a batch of White Widow under LEDs and coming up on three weeks. Somebody out there knows the best nutrient/fertilizer to use and I sure could use the recommendations. Many thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum @Top Score ! :welcome:

There is no right answer to your question... every one of us on here with our strong personalities will believe that we personally use the very best of everything, and we can tell you why. You are likely to get as many different answers as you have responders.
So, it comes down to what style are you mostly comfortable with. Are you a science guy who enjoys carefully adjusting and mixing and measuring? Hydro of some sort might be what you enjoy. Do you like the simplicity of nature and feel more attuned with a soil grow? There are many many ways to do that too.
I have been doing this a long time and have tried many methods and techniques. If there was a better method or nutrient out there, I would have found it by now. I decided to go with a natural model instead... I build what is known as a super soil, a medium that has been enhanced with all the minerals that the plant will need for the grow. I have learned how to add microbes to that soil so they can process these minerals and make them available to the plants. I end up only having to add water and my plants get everything they need.
You can also go with any of the major nutrient lines. They are all trying to get the market share so they have no incentive to provide an inferior product. Most of the products are great, but here is the rub... unlike my soil that has EVERYTHING in it, you have to buy multiple products to get the same effect. Most nutrient companies have a base set of nutrients, and then extras... add ons that can and will make your grow better. The more money you spend, the closer you approach the supersoil method as far as your final results go.
So which one is the best? Depends on your budget. Depends on how hard you want to work. Depends on the method you choose.
Good luck!

Welcome TopScore to 420 magazine. I have White Widow coming in about three weeks ! Taking a little break , I used the high $ nutrients spending $400-500 on each grow ! I used a sponsored nutrient that cost me about $12-15 for the whole flower stage and got the same results from the high$ nutrients!
Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one ! Check it and our sponsors out !

Hey @Top Score and welcome!

Glad that you have decided to join us here. Lots of friendly helpful folks standing by.

You mentioned that you were growing WW under LEDs. It would also help us to know what medium you are growing in... soil, coco, or some form of hydro? Most growers seem to have their favourite brand of nutrients, but to some extent they are a fairly interchangeable. Personally, I use the Flora series (Micro, Bloom, and Grow), along with some cal/mag (I grow in coco, under LEDs, and that puts a high demand on calcium in particular). I am pretty happy with that line of nutes.

You may not have yet found that there are a bunch of sub-forums dedicated to each medium type: soil, indoor, outdoor, hydro, coco, etc. A wealth of information! If you can share a little more about your set-up, I'm sure lots of people will be happy to chime in. Again, welcome!

Welcome to the forum @Top Score ! :welcome:

There is no right answer to your question... every one of us on here with our strong personalities will believe that we personally use the very best of everything, and we can tell you why. You are likely to get as many different answers as you have responders.
So, it comes down to what style are you mostly comfortable with. Are you a science guy who enjoys carefully adjusting and mixing and measuring? Hydro of some sort might be what you enjoy. Do you like the simplicity of nature and feel more attuned with a soil grow? There are many many ways to do that too.
I have been doing this a long time and have tried many methods and techniques. If there was a better method or nutrient out there, I would have found it by now. I decided to go with a natural model instead... I build what is known as a super soil, a medium that has been enhanced with all the minerals that the plant will need for the grow. I have learned how to add microbes to that soil so they can process these minerals and make them available to the plants. I end up only having to add water and my plants get everything they need.
You can also go with any of the major nutrient lines. They are all trying to get the market share so they have no incentive to provide an inferior product. Most of the products are great, but here is the rub... unlike my soil that has EVERYTHING in it, you have to buy multiple products to get the same effect. Most nutrient companies have a base set of nutrients, and then extras... add ons that can and will make your grow better. The more money you spend, the closer you approach the supersoil method as far as your final results go.
So which one is the best? Depends on your budget. Depends on how hard you want to work. Depends on the method you choose.
Good luck!
what a great response to this post. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom