Organic Orange

Thanx, OMM! Happy Father's Day!
Anything over 0 is a plus; just noticed the droughts affected yield.
I'm very happy with the results I got!:high-five:

I've been pretty busy at work lately, and had a friend go through surgery.
Everything went good for my friend; and, like the Army, the grow room keeps rolling along.
Unfortunately, with all going on, I didn't get clones from the flowering plants like I wanted. Also, they suffered a bad drought a couple of days ago. The ladies lost quite a few leaves, but seem to have bounced back really well and put on some more frost. These are the Mysteries. I think I'll call them Grapefruit X, of GX for short. They have a very nice grapefruit smell. I do still have Kalichakra pollen in the freezer. I think I'll pollinate some lower branches.
Not much going on in veg room right now. I still have the K clones in small pots. The only thing is that the K mom developed some leaf problems, but is hanging tough.

Here are some pics from last week; 6/11/12
Veg Room
GEDC0549.JPG

GEDC0550.JPG

GEDC0551.JPG

Flower Room
GEDC0545.JPG

GEDC0546.JPG

GEDC0547.JPG

GEDC0554.JPG

GEDC0552.JPG

GEDC0553.JPG

I'll try to get some new pics up tomorrow.
Happy Father's Day to all you dads; even if your only kids are green and have pointy hands! :rofl:
:peace:

:thanks: for keeping up with me, OMM!
I don't know how you do it with your huge journal and keeping up with so many others.
I've been trailing along your journal for a while. What an epic!

Here are the pics from tonight.
VEG
GEDC0556.JPG

GEDC0557.JPG

FLOWER
GEDC0558.JPG

GEDC0559.JPG

GEDC0560.JPG

GEDC0561.JPG

GEDC0563.JPG

:hippy:

Hey there Trichome! Plants are looking great. That has got to be a Kush Bud in the bottom photo! Great use of posts to keep the plants from falling over. Glad I stumbled back on your journal!!
:goodjob:

Thanx, CF and X!
These plants originated from a single mystery bag seed. They smell like grapefruit, so I call it Grapefruit X.
They could be Grapefruit Kush but, since I'm not sure, I'll call it GX.

OK. I have harvested the GXs, but only the top 2/3. I left the bottoms to fatten and mature.
Also, I have pollinated a few buds with the Kalichakra pollen I had in the freezer. Hopefully they will take.
Here are some pics of the first one I cut.
GEDC0581.JPG

GEDC0582.JPG

GEDC0577.JPG

GEDC0578.JPG

Bottom 1/3 left to finish.
GEDC0583.JPG

The 3 weighed 34g, 26.4g, and 26g. Real nice, and that's just 2/3!:cheer:
These buds are very frosty and sticky. The taste is hashy with a slight hint of vanilla. The stone is strong and well balanced, but leaning a little toward the body / couch lock side. I did lit them go a little long, with more reddish trichs than usual.
I've been real busy and my mom had surgery. So, I wasn't able to harvest sooner. Also the veg plants got another drought and lost a few leaves.
But, no worries! My mom is fine and the veg plants recovered nicely.:thumb:
In the veg room the plants are in a holding pattern until the bottoms of the 3 are done.
I'll try to get some new pics in soon.
:surf:

Hey there Trichome! Kush or not....Beautiful. Nice and frosty!!!

:goodjob:I am glad to hear that your mom is ok!
:circle-of-love:

Hey there Trichome! Kush or not....Beautiful. Nice and frosty!!!

I am glad to hear that your mom is ok!
I agree with CF on all accounts.

Thanx so much guys!:thanks:
Wow! It's been a long time since I've been on the computer!
Everything is still rolling along in the garden.
I had to pull the plug on the mother plant in the veg room.:rip: She was in real bad shape and just getting worse. I tried to take clones, but it was too late and they all failed as well.
The 3 larger clones are 2 and a half feet tall and budding up in the flower room.
So, right now the veg room is empty. I'm waiting to start new seeds to time them to go into the flower room when those 3 come out.
I'm up loading pics now, and will post them shortly.
:surf:

Ok, gang. Here's a quick review of what's been going on in the garden.
Earlier shots of the 3 plants now in flower
GEDC0597.JPG

GEDC0598.JPG

The 3 bottoms of the previously harvested plants.
GEDC0589.JPG

GEDC0590.JPG

GEDC0592.JPG

GEDC0593.JPG

GEDC0594.JPG

As you can see, only one produced good buds. I did harvest them all since my jar is running low.
The other two suffered my usual drought and did not recover. They were pretty done and dead so I cut them.

These are the doomed clones from the mother Kalichakra I had. These were the best branches, so that gives you an idea of how bad the mother was.
GEDC0609.JPG

I put my waste cuttings and stems in a Quaker Oats container, and this is how it came out. I thought it looked cool.
GEDC0602.JPG

Here are the 3 when I put them in flower.
GEDC0604.JPG

This is what I've got going on now. Three plants in flower and none in veg. But there will be when the time is right.
I can't remember if these are Kalichakra or Crippychakra. Either way they should help my chakra.
GEDC0610.JPG

GEDC0613.JPG

GEDC0611.JPG

Man! I'm going to have to be a readin' fool to catch up with everybody.
Goodnight all. I'll be around tomorrow.
:Namaste:

Crap!!
Look what my clumsy ass just did.
GEDC0616.JPG

GEDC0616a.JPG

The last pic is fuzzy, but you can see how completely it broke.
This branch had fallen over and I was trying to fanangle it into the cage. I was saying to myself; "I wonder if it's flexible enough to bend in there." Then, snap!
This is what I lost.
GEDC0620.JPG

GEDC0621.JPG

Probably about an 1/8z and a lot of good leaves.

Oh,well. There's plenty left.
The buds are looking a little bigger today.
GEDC0617.JPG

GEDC0619.JPG

These girls require frequent feeding.:morenutes: I think it's 'cause the cheap pots I found are too small for them.
:ganjamon:

Hey Tricome - great to see you buddy!

Ouch on the broken branch, I wish I could tell you I've never done that, but I do that kind of thing a lot I swear. I'm clumsier than ever these days. I just broke the top off of one of my young cuttings - hopefully it just ends up being an early topping, but I'm worried it will end up splitting later. Oh well. Sorry for your loss, but otherwise they're looking great right now! :thumb:

Hey there buddy!

That Quaker Oat trim looks like a work of art. It is real cool. You should get some shilack and hang it on the wall!!

I like the way you use the metal trellis. I have used before and they seemed to work really good.

That broken branch would make one heck of a clone. I too have done that before.

Plants are looking great. Great to see you back on the site!!
:thumb:

Thanx, CF and X!
Thanx and :welcome: to 420 kushboi23!

Ok. Once again I've got a lot of catching up to do.
In between harvest I've had to pick up some nugs. This is what I got.
Purple Kush
GEDC0624.JPG

GEDC0625.JPG

Frosted Flakes x Jack Herer
GEDC0626.JPG

GEDC0627.JPG

It's all about gone now, but I'll be harvesting the three in flower tonight or tomorrow.
Here are some pics of their progress.
A couple of weeks ago.
GEDC0631.JPG

GEDC0634.JPG

GEDC0635.JPG

GEDC0636.JPG

GEDC0638.JPG

A couple of days ago.
GEDC0641.JPG

GEDC0643.JPG

GEDC0643.JPG

GEDC0644.JPG

GEDC0646.JPG

I did a little defoliating before the last pics. This is a cool leaf I pulled.
GEDC0647.JPG

I also made some ice hash with my quart of trim from the previous harvest.
GEDC0649.JPG

I'll get some pics of the harvest, and then will be starting a new journal.
:hookah:

Thanx, X!
Yeah, those were some primo buds; tasty too!

I've had a lot of distractions keep me away from the computer. Nothing bad, just normal stuff.
So, here is my belated harvest report.
I got a pretty good yield from the 3 plants.
1 : 35.5g
2 : 41g
3 : 52g
The last one was a little wet, so it was probably really closer to the other two.
Too wet, in fact. I lost a pint of its buds to mold. I put it in jars too wet and didn't open them enough.:oops:

The buds aren't very dense but, they aren't loose either.
The smell and taste are just plain ol' weed. I guess you would call it skunky? Every once in a while I'll get a hint of vanilla, or citrus, or fruit.
It does have a pretty decent sativa high. Too much can cause confusion.:hmmmm: Where was I going?

Here are some pics of one of them.
GEDC0650.JPG

GEDC0651.JPG

GEDC0652.JPG

Moldy Buds
GEDC0661.JPG

GEDC0662.JPG

Not trichomes!
GEDC0663.JPG

GEDC0664.JPG

Can these be made into hash, or are they just trash?

I see some more changes have been made to the site. I'll get used to it soon.
I am having some trouble uploading pics, but I made it work.:;):

This will conclude this journal.
Look for the new one soon. I already have some pics uploaded.
:peacetwo:

Thanx, X!
Yeah, those were some primo buds; tasty too!

I've had a lot of distractions keep me away from the computer. Nothing bad, just normal stuff.
So, here is my belated harvest report.
I got a pretty good yield from the 3 plants.
1 : 35.5g
2 : 41g
3 : 52g
The last one was a little wet, so it was probably really closer to the other two.
Too wet, in fact. I lost a pint of its buds to mold. I put it in jars too wet and didn't open them enough.:oops:

The buds aren't very dense but, they aren't loose either.
The smell and taste are just plain ol' weed. I guess you would call it skunky? Every once in a while I'll get a hint of vanilla, or citrus, or fruit.
It does have a pretty decent sativa high. Too much can cause confusion.:hmmmm: Where was I going?

Here are some pics of one of them.

GEDC0663.JPG

GEDC0664.JPG

Can these be made into hash, or are they just trash?

I see some more changes have been made to the site. I'll get used to it soon.
I am having some trouble uploading pics, but I made it work.:;):

This will conclude this journal.
Look for the new one soon. I already have some pics uploaded.
:peacetwo:

Hi Tricome -

I've heard that you can use them to make oil, etc., but I've never done it. You might want to google that or something to be sure. I had a jar of moldy bud once, and I know someone advised me that I could have used it to make oil for cooking - but I'd already tossed it. I definitely don't know for sure, so you'd want to look into it. Sorry I didn't see this post 'til today - you may have already figured out what you want to do with those. Bummer by the way!

I've heard a water cure, even after the bud has already been cured, will get rid of the mold. In a minute, I'm gonna post an article on WC on my journal (it's long & don't want to take up the room here) and will come back and post the link.

Update: Here's the link on water curing:

SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Back
Top Bottom