Outdoor Auto Journal

Egg

420 Member
Hello Everyone, new guy here from Orange county, California and I have never grown MJ before. I would like to keep this grow fairly simple for now, if something goes wrong and there is to many variables it is harder to figure out what is wrong and make the correct change. I might not get the top yield from the plants this round, but I'm ok with that. I pretty much have everything set up, but not growing yet, so here is my plan.

Girlscout auto fem, Afgan auto fem and Critical Purple auto fem seeds.
Going to do the paper towel germination method.
Transplant directly outdoors to 7 gallon soil fabric pots. Soil is a mix of my yard dirt, bag of store bought potting mix and worm castings all sifted thru a 1/4" screen.
pH is at 6.5 and tested with a Hanna digital meter using the soil slurry method.
I plan on fertilizing ( ever 2 weeks???) with Alaska fish fert 5-1-1 for veg and Alaska morebloom 0-10-10 for flowering.
Don't know weather I should do a flush if I'm using organic fertilizers or not.
Going to harvest when tricombs are 50% cloudy and 50% amber.
Pictures to follow in a few weeks
What do you think? Any and all help/ advise is appreciated.
Thanks again
Egg

In my experience, autos are tough outdoors as they generally don’t tolerate stress as well. Not sure where you are, but excess heat an humidity does not pair well with autos. ( again, in my experience)

Hello again and hope everyone is happy and healthy !

My bad, this grow is for a photoperiod NOT an auto, as the title suggests.

The pic below is my GSC at day 16. I started it in coco coir in my make shift grow shelf under a T5 2 foot 4 bulb 6500k light held around 4" above plant. 18-6 light schedule. It was transferred from a grow flat this weekend and now sits in a 3" coco pot. I would like to keep it in there for another 2-3 weeks ( might out grow it?)
20200324_173232.jpg
until I can plant it in its final home, which is a 7 gallon fabric pot in the backyard in almost full sun. Growing media is potting soil, perlite, worm castings and compost. Question- Probably going to plant into 7 gal pot on April 10th which has 12hours and 52 min of sun, will it want to go into its flowering stage or will it continue to stay in veg state for a while? Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks again

Not sure where you live but here in Nova Scotia I plant outside end of April..when is your last frost date?

I live in Southern California, last frost date.....we have no frost date. I was more concerned with putting out my plant too early and it going right into its flowering stage because it would only getting 13 hours of sunlight.

Hello,
Hope everyone is happy and healthy. Latest update is that my GSC is about 6" tall now and she is 32 days old. Today I just topped her and planted her in the 7 gallon fabric pot in the backyard. It has been raining for a few days now here in S. California, and expecting more, so she will be getting plenty of water. When the soil dries out a bit I will be feeding her with Alaska fish fert 5-1-1. I have been reading a lot about MC fert and it looks tempting! I plan on doing some LST in a week or so. Thanks for looking and this rookie will take any and all advice you wish to give.
20200408_102354.jpg
20200408_102349.jpg

Back
Top Bottom