Outdoor Grow - Big Bud #2 - Blue Dream - Purple Bud

lazyfish

Hello everyone!

So, it's legal in Oregon now! Here are my 4 plants. They are all being grown organically outdoors. I made some compost last year and spread it in the yard and overwintered. When I do fertilize I use fish emulsion, liquid sea extract and Eleanor's vf-11. I use as directed: every couple weeks, one ounce per gallon of water. So far I have been watering (not fertilizing) every two days or so...

"Big Bud #2"
This was originally a free seed from Herbies that happened to be female. These two are clones, probably about a couple of months old. The one in flower has been brought indoors on a 12/12 schedule since June 22nd, so it has been 18 days of flowering.
I have heard that this strain is very similar to the original Big Bud, but I cant find very much info about it. These are the last two clones. I originally wanted to keep this strain alive because as far as I can tell it is otherwise unobtainable, but I don't think I will have that time or the room...

BB#2

BB#2 flower day 18

"Purple Bud"
This was a feminized seed, 75% indica. I started her indoors about a month ago; she seems to have stunted after I transplanted her outside. She is in a 15 gallon (-ish) plastic tub in some soil that does not appear to be of very good quality. I liked the soil when I bought it, but it stuck like glue when I started watering and has very poor drainage. I wish I would have added some perlite, or something else to improve drainage... I am doing my best with what I have. I don't want to transplant her again because the days are already getting shorter.

Purple Bud- he is just a little guy!

"Blue Dream"
I have really high hopes for this one! This was a very healthy clone from a local dispensary. I only transplanted her a couple days ago. The days are getting shorter, and I think this strain has enough sativa in her to really stretch out and give me a better yield than the indicas I am growing. When I got her I saw that she had already had begun to flower. I don't know if she was in a greenhouse, or indoors and just don't know what to think or expect. Any comments on this fact would be appreciated. I have heard that Blue Dream is prone to spider mites, so I am keeping an eye out for them.

Blue Dream transplanted 2 days ago

Blue Dream - A couple pistils. She came like this, so I don't know if she will continue to flower or revert back to veg.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,
Here are a few photos of the goings on...

BB#2 in the ground; she has really bushed out in just 6 days.

BB#2 in flower day 24; she is in a 3.5 gallon pot.

Couple close-ups

Purple Bud; she hasn't grown much due to the poor soil...

Blue Dream bushed out just a little bit.

Whaddaya think?

Hi Everybody,

Here are a few pics I took this morning:

Here is my BB#2 that is in day 31 of flower. Its small, only 2.5 feet wide and 1 foot 4 inches tall. Might be an oz.

Here are a few close-ups of her.

Here is the BB#2 that is in the ground.

The Purple Bud.

And the Blue Dream s coming along slowly but surely. Looks like she is glowing in the sunlight.

Any questions, comments, concerns or complaints are welcome!

Thanks for stopping by!

Update!

BB#2 Flowering day 39. I started flushing two days ago and her fan leaves are starting to yellow. Hopefully I didn't start flushing too early. The last BB#2 I harvested at day 50 with ~10% red trichomes.

Bud Pics:

The other Big Bud #2 really bushed out. Its growing really fast, I put a cage around her because I thought her stems seemed a little wimpy.

The Purple Bud, still just a little guy.

Last but not least, the Blue Dream. Growing quick. Looks like she is drooping a little in the heat.

'til next time.....

I trained the one that is in flower.

I topped it to keep it short. I then pulled the two main stems down about the time it started to flower. I was originally going to leave it inside under a cfl light and so I trained it so all the tops of the colas were at the same level so they got light evenly. Since it is legal here now I decided to move it outside on a 12/12 schedule everyday.

I'm pretty sure it gets more light at the bottom leaves. I don't know if it increased the amount of buds, but it sure looks cool!

Guess what I did this morning? Here is a clue:

Yup, she was only flowering for 42 days but I think she was ready to come down. I started seeing amber trichromes 3 days ago. I really don't like that couch lock and lazy feelings I get from smoking so I tried to cut her down earlier rather than later.

If I understand, the longer the buds ripen the more sleepiness/ couch lock is experienced when smoked. I have been having hard time seeing the difference between the clear and cloudy trichs, but yesterday morning I definitely saw at least 10% amber, so I did her in...

Anyways, here are a couple pics of buds. Poor quality pics because my phone sucks...

Its not much but I am hoping for an ounce...

There is more to come! I have three girls growing outside and I am looking forward to getting a Blueberry Kush to grow indoors after the outdoor growing season is over.

Not very many people have responded to this journal and that is okay because I have enjoyed writing and sharing it. With Cannabis being illegal I never thought I would have ever grown and written my experiences in a journal. Oregon changed its laws and I have been growing and thinking about growing ever since. I have to say it has been a rewarding experience.

I have to give a big thank you to everyone who has posted and shared their experiences with me on this wonderful site. There is so many awesome and smart growers that have done a very good job at making good experiences and information clearly available. I have even learned from the ones who spout nonsense and sometimes struggle or fail, for they gave me thoughts and ideas that I would not have had otherwise.

I don't think I would have had anywhere near this level of success without all of you! Sorry to get all mushy but I am just so happy.

:thanks:

How lovely to be able to grow outdoors legally!

The experience has been exhilarating and somehow bland at the same time... Neighbors don't seem to notice. It's just another veggie in the garden.

I have always had great experiences smoking Blue Dream. I got lucky, a friend just brought me a clone out of the blue (hehe blue....).

As for the drying, I harvested 21 grams dry. I don't think I got any pics of the drying process but it was 4 days in a breezy room and then into a jar at ~65% humidity for a couple weeks. The smell and smoke started out kind of grassy like alfalfa but recently developed into a moderately faint scent of citrus. It smells more like Hops than weed. Pretty average smoke. Doesn't get me too stoned unless I share a whole joint with myself....but even then its not like a couch lock high, it's more energetic and racey.

I like the more energetic smokes. Couch lock types aren't my thing, although I like them at night sometimes. I have not really experienced any pure sativas, but they sound like my style of smoke and I am working on growing a few indoors.

I tried to harvest the BB when the trichomes mostly cloudy and not much (~5%) red as I have heard it would take away from the couch lock feeling. There are so many wives tales to sift through that I don't know what to think, but this is what I have come to believe. Any input on this subject would be much appreciated. :lot-o-toke:

I will try to get some pics up soon! I have spent most of my summer working and camping with not much time left to post.

See you on the flip side...:green_heart:

Just read this whole thread. Congrats on your outdoor plants and harvest! My state (WA) has really wrecked medical cannabis in its implementation of legal recreational pot - soon very few will be able to legally grow, but for now I can, and I aim to stock up and probably keep at it anyway. I have some plants outside for the summer. I harvested my first plants, started indoors, earlier this summer. I didn't chop them, however. I snipped a few buds at a time. These were my first babies, and I've been growing and cloning other kinds of plants for decades, so I can't see just killing them. One plant was totally spent, having had constant struggles with spider mites, but the other plant now is revegging from what was pretty much a woody stump. Two other plants were barely making it, so I planted them out in the garden and they are doing great.

Yes, you should clone your rare strains if you like 'em. I clone everything, sometimes successfully!

Cheers!

Hello Everybody!

I has been a while but I am back with some photo updates. Regarding plant care and the general goings on in the garden, they have been pretty infrequent. I haven't fertilized much because I mixed some compost into the soil last year and I think the plants are liking it. Why fertilize if they look healthy? I have not grown Cannabis much and don't know how to treat it. I figure if it looks healthy, why fertilize? Will it make it grow Bigger? Faster? Stronger? I don't know....

Anyways, I think I had spider mites (mostly on the BB). I had some spotting on some leaves that look exactly like the ones in this thread:

What are these spots on my leaves?

I sprayed with 24 fluid oz's of water mixed with a tsp dawn dish soap and a tsp of Dr.Bronners soap. It seemed to work. Never got much if an "infestation" just a few spotty leaves here and there and I have been watching like a hawk for any new signs of mites.

Well here are the pics:

First off is the unheard of BB#2. She is now 4.5 feet (1.4m) tall. Never thought she would get so tall.

Lots of wee buds on this one. Does it look sativa-like?

New leaves are very thin...

Does anybody recognize the bug (NOT bud!) in this pic?

Here is the Purple Bud. This plant seems to be doing great with the poor potting soil. I did flush and fertilize this one w/ (pH'd) fish emulsion and seaweed extract. Coming in at only 28 inches (70 cm) she is a small girl but has the best looking buds of the bunch!

Pistils look pink because of the camera, I think... I wish they were actually pink! Beautiful.

Now for the Blue Dream! This one grew tall, but not quite as tall as the BB because she got less light. Blue is a nice one coming in at 4 feet (1.2m) tall.

Buds seem kind of wispy. Is this common with Blue Dream or more sativa dominant strains? She gets the least amount of direct sunlight because she was a surprise so I didn't get to plan ahead...

And my new added addition(s): OG Blueberry (and a Malawi Gold in the background).

She is a feminized seed from Original Sensible. I treated her with my soap spray today because I saw a couple of those spotty looking leaves. Actually, she has not grown nearly as fast a she was a couple weeks ago. She seems to have stalled. I did feed some Fish Emulsion a week ago and since then she has not done much (I went against my general plan: if-it-looks-healthy-don't-fertilize!).... I also did some Low Stress Training at about the same time. I took a couple clones from her today because they were really close to the infected leaves and she is so bushy, I can barely look into the interior of the foliage. I figured a little thinning out was in order, maybe the fish emulsion did it, she wasn't this bushy last week but she was just as tall.....Otherwise she seems to be doing fine.

That was a big update! Sorry if I was a little long winded.

Please give me any input you like, and please help if you can answer any of my questions.

Thanks for stopping by!:thanks:

Thanks for posting your grow Lazyfish. Really interested in the end results. It is so awesome our state made provisions for every citizen to be able to grow 4 plants on their own property. It was the best move possible.

Thanks for posting your grow Lazyfish. Really interested in the end results. It is so awesome our state made provisions for every citizen to be able to grow 4 plants on their own property. It was the best move possible.

Hi, nwpassage. It's amazing, actually. We're holding our breath up here in Canada -- there are a couple of ways things can go politically at our federal election next month. Being able to grow four plants on your own property seems reasonable and sustainable.

Thanks for the photos, lazyfish. Your girls are looking great!

Back
Top Bottom