Outdoor Grow - Big Bud #2 - Blue Dream - Purple Bud

Yeah, looks just like an adult fungus gnat.

Weird you would see the considerable mite damage, but no webs or mites.

Looks sativa dominant in the leaves.

For some reason I thought you had harvested everything already, guess I need to keep watching.

Four foot? Wow, I don't think mine got over two, though I tied them down a good bit, and my soil was (is) garbage. Cool, can't wait to see the cola on that.

On fertilizers, I'm not doing organic yet, maybe in a couple more grows, but I would think you would benefit from whatever organic products have higher p and k, and lower n values. But I don't know much at all about organic growing yet.

Hello Bapple!:hippy:
Nice to see you coming by! That is quite the journal you have there. How is your Blue Dream coming along? Mine hasn't stretched as much as I thought she would.

ScienceGrow:
I know it seems weird that I can't find any mites...I ordered a better magnifier and I will have a closer look at everything today.

Hello Bapple!:hippy:
Nice to see you coming by! That is quite the journal you have there. How is your Blue Dream coming along? Mine hasn't stretched as much as I thought she would.

Hello there Lazyfish! :ciao:

My Blue Dream is just dandy! I don't want mine to stretch, I want it to spread out, cos where I hide my Autumn grow anything over 2 feet would be a stealth issue.
Yours looks good from where I am sitting :thumb:

High Lazyfish

If that's a fungus gnat you guys have monsters. I've recently dealt with them here and they are 1/10th the size of that thing.

I love Oregon and tho I haven't been down for 20 years I had a lot of good times visiting relatives in Pendleton and in '92 was down there with my two young sons and met a nice lady at a little swimming hole on the Rogue river they called Bikini Beach. She lived in Medford and after a 3 day fling I had to get back across the border and go to work. A month later I went down with the boys for another 4 days were we all shacked up in a motel and partied around with her son. Sent her money for a bus ticket and they came up for 10 days through New Years. We drifted apart but helped each other through our recent breakups and are still in touch through email. She had two daughters since our first meeting, not mine, and her son joined the army a few years ago.

Great that you have a form of legal pot tho I abhor the restrictions on growing there and WA. All the big money people are still refusing to free the plant the way it should be freed. Hopefully that will change as pot gains more widespread acceptance. What you have is still a lot better than what us Canuckistanians have tho so it's better than nothing!

Nice little crop you got in with more on the way soon. Little Purple Bud is coming along nicely too. :thumb:

L8r

All the big money people are still refusing to free the plant the way it should be freed. Hopefully that will change as pot gains more widespread acceptance.

THIS is a real bummer BUT... I am hoping times will get better once the positive effects of cannabis are more widely known. I think Oregon is on the forefront of international acceptance and I am very excited to be a small part of it! Even though the laws are not perfect, this is a big step for a greater understanding of cannabis and eventually a wider acceptance.

Nice little crop you got in with more on the way soon. Little Purple Bud is coming along nicely too. :thumb:

:thanks:Thanks for the positive vibes, OldMedUser! I will have some new pics up tomorrow, hopefully.

This bud's for you!

KIMG0951.jpg

Hello again Everyone!

I am proud to say that my garden is coming along nicely.

Here is the BB#2, she is a little taller than she was last week, maybe 5 feet tall now.

KIMG0969.jpg
KIMG0970.jpg
KIMG0972.jpg

From above.
KIMG0975.jpg
KIMG0983.jpg
KIMG0980.jpg

The "Purple Bud" is not very purple at all. I was not expecting it to be purple because there are a few people around the internets that grew it, and they reported no purple...its funny, this seed is apparently one of the bestsellers on Herbies...

KIMG0966.jpg
KIMG0967.jpg
KIMG0987.jpg
KIMG0968.jpg

The Blue Dream is coming along great. It seems to be maturing slower than the rest. The buds are smaller and there is not as many trichomes. I understand this is typical of sativas...

KIMG0963.jpg
KIMG0964.jpg
KIMG0965.jpg
KIMG0976.jpg
KIMG0989.jpg
KIMG0991.jpg

Wow that was a lot of pics...

Thanks for stopping by!:thanks:

Lazyfish, Great pics.
I should have found this journal earlier, however I am glad the show is still on the road!
I was attracted to your journal because I recently grew Big bud.
After reading through the posts I want to tell you your ladies are looking very fine!
Ill have a seat.:popcorn:

I sprayed all the girls with soapy water and Dr. Bronners castille soap, and I have not seen any signs of mites recently...

It has actually been a little bit colder than I was hoping for this time of year, mid to low 50's. No purple yet...still a couple weeks to go though....

Wow, live the convergence of beer and growing sometimes. I use lactobacillus in some of my beers, for souring. Heh, some people get it naturally, accidentally. I do it on purpose.

Ill go organic outside next year, will be all about the microbial community. My local hydro shop sells all sorts of cool micro cultures.

Ill go organic outside next year, will be all about the microbial community.

Next year is gonna be good! I get 4 legal plants and I am going to get them as big as I can! Its really hard to pick the exact strains... I think I will do 2 sativa and 2 indica. Malawi Gold and maybe Dr. Grinspoon. For the indica side I am thinking about some kind of hash plant, and the last is a hard spot to fill. So many strains!!!!

I would like to hear about how you sour using lacto.... do you sour your mash? or add lacto at the end? There are a lot of ways to do it....

Back
Top Bottom