Outdoor plant problem

pretty lights

Hey all, I've read many plant problem articles and received much advice, but still no solution.

Here is my largest plant, which started spotting within this past week. I can tell you this problem is occurring within the middle and bottom of the plant. I did not plant this plant in any aftermarket soil, nor have I fed it any nutrients up until three days ago (miracle grow). This infection is getting worse every day.

The three problems of what I think this could be are, 1) Thrip infestation, but yet I see no bugs.
2) A deficiency? All deficiency tables all look too general for me to clarify.
3) The soil is not right for the plant.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for viewing!

photo9-1.png

photo11.png

photo10-1.png

need data bro.

PH of the soil and your water.
what type of water (natural rain fall, rain collection and frequent feeding, tap water e.t.c)
how long does it take from fresh watering to needing another water?

most common deficiencies are lock ups and not a true shortage.

soil should be 6.5 or as near too roughly and however far from that your soil your water needs to go the opposite i.e 7 soil needs 6 water. basic rule of thumb tho check the nute charts we have here.

average gardening goes as deep as 1 spade, nasty mud needs 2 spades deep. what type of soil is yours...ie clay/humus/loam/sandy e.t.c

I put the seed in the soil and hope for the best. I don't have a clue how to measure the ph levels. As far as the soil, it looks a bit sandy. I water it with tap water about every 2 days unless it rains.. I've never had a problem the past 3 summers with just putting a seedling in the ground and having it grow...

thank you for the reply, i appreciate it

edit:im going to the store right now to buy a ph leveling kit

I put the seed in the soil and hope for the best. I don't have a clue how to measure the ph levels. As far as the soil, it looks a bit sandy. I water it with tap water about every 2 days unless it rains.. I've never had a problem the past 3 summers with just putting a seedling in the ground and having it grow...

thank you for the reply, i appreciate it

edit:im going to the store right now to buy a ph leveling kit

welcome bro.

im certainly no expert yet, but im learning tons every day, and not just about our beloved plant, but gardening in general.
I notice in the background you seem to have great big bramble type vines and the leaves on those plants have yellowing and various other ailments.
Also i notice you said youve grown in that soil for several years.

I honestly belive that if your going to grow anything in the ground, take control of the ground. if that greenery in the background isnt stealth cover i would chop the lot and start a compost pile. i think your soil needs testing, also look to your neighbors to see what grows well in that ground, it will help you decide what additives to use.

i think tho that whatever else is happeining, after this crop is done, you need to churn up the entire mud patch you own and mix in home made compost, maybe dolomite lime and softwood sawdust, testing and identifying your soil will tell you what you need to add.

your soil is your gold my friend...if it is perfect your plant will survive with any old light and water really.

back in the days of post war thrift, people would stop their cars to scrape up a pile of horse shit and take it home its so important to enrich your soil. and it looks like you have some hungry suckers growing in the background that are stealing all the food.

i will reply when im not on my phone. tonight when im out of work i am spraying my plants down with, "veggie farm, garlic and 100% organic pepperment oil". this was reccomended by my local green house. i found out i have a fungal infection within my plants. should i spray the leaves or stems down?

Well there maybe a deficiency but ur plant looks like the mid to top half is relatively un affected? So its not that bad you should be able to keep her goin.. As sugested, check ur ph and maybe look into some plant deficiencies on this site, you may find ur cause.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

I basically cut off the three bottom nodes and i left the fourth one up (which was only slightly affected). This fungus didn't get worse since yesterday! I sprayed the plant down pretty good, but didn't soak it entirely. None of my other plants are affected. I will post up pics of my others if necessary..i appreciate the responses all.

I went ape shit on the surrounding bushes, lol

Back
Top Bottom