PakaloloGrow, Testing A New Method: Soil, Outdoor, Bagseed Momma Clone! July 2019

PakaloloGrow

Hello everybody, so I've been watching a couple videos and I learned this technique from a Bonsai curator ( I will credit him later when I look it up). If you feel that your plant or clone is too tall, just lay it on its side and it will, obviously, turn towards the light... This clone was standing straight up when I went to start my BBQ, after I ate, this is how it looked, This is with late afternoon sun in Southern California. After a few minutes in my tent and it was ready to go.

That's a cool idea Pakalolo! You'd probably need to secure it with a tie to keep it down, or she'll shoot up again over the next coupla days. I'll follow this one, that's a good lookin' clone! :yummy:

That's a cool idea Pakalolo! You'd probably need to secure it with a tie to keep it down, or she'll shoot up again over the next coupla days. I'll follow this one, that's a good lookin' clone! :yummy:
Thank you for reminding me @irie lion, I woke up with a hangover and read your post and was like, "OH, YEAH!!!" so I went outside to check on her and she did try to stand up again, but I pinned her down.

She's looking good bro!

I would try aggressive LST, It's what I do. Basically, re-tighten the wires 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. But, this is my second real grow ever, so... Check out what it did for my auto flowers, link is in my signature.

This is how I've been cloning, so far so good...

This one has been sitting in this tube, inside a propagation dome, sitting on my outside workbench, just out of direct sunlight. I use Bontonne II Rooting Powder.

Hey Pakalolo! I like your cloning technique, that's really cool. :high-five:
Do you put just water within the tube or a type of rooting hormone?
Once the pores start pushing out the stem like the second picture, do you take them out of the tube to allow the roots space to grow or what is the process after that?
What's your average turn-around / rooting time with the cloning method you're using?
Where'd you pick up the tubes? And did you just punch a hole in the top with a sharp object?
Lastly - once root pores start developing how do you remove the clone from the tube? As pulling it up out of the tube would then damage the root pores?
I love cloning, and i'm always up for new techniques! :ganjamon:

Hey Pakalolo! I like your cloning technique, that's really cool. :high-five:
Do you put just water within the tube or a type of rooting hormone?
Once the pores start pushing out the stem like the second picture, do you take them out of the tube to allow the roots space to grow or what is the process after that?
What's your average turn-around / rooting time with the cloning method you're using?
Where'd you pick up the tubes? And did you just punch a hole in the top with a sharp object?
Lastly - once root pores start developing how do you remove the clone from the tube? As pulling it up out of the tube would then damage the root pores?
I love cloning, and i'm always up for new techniques! :ganjamon:

Hey there, yup, I dip the cutting in Bontonne rooting powder and then put it in the tube with water.
I'm going to leave them in the tube till the roots are at least 1/2 inch maybe more.
Really don't know what's next, this is my first time doing it lol.
It's basically how I do my tomato clones except I don't use rooting powder on them.
They have been sitting in that tube for about 3 weeks, I'm really not in a rush, It's an experiment. I've never cloned cannabis before...
I went to a wedding and they had those tubes with a flower in them, and then the light bulb went BLING!!!!
I'm sure you could get them from a florist. The hole was already made.
I plan on cutting the rubber top when the roots grow longer, it's pretty thin.

July 31st

This is where she's at today, just like with my outdoor ACDC, I think the heat is stunting her growth. She's on the same feeding schedule as the auto flowers and has been receiving any leftover nutrients. I just tied her down right before this picture.

August 3rd

It's just too hot outside... So I built this temporary holding pen out of 7 pieces of foam poster board (dollar store), aluminum tape, a plastic table cloth, a $5 dollar work light fixture and a $20 Feit 75 watt LED grow light (till I get a better light). It measures 30 inches tall x 24 inches wide x 20 inches deep. I plan on making a PVC frame inside of it and wrapping it with canvas in the future.

It's pretty sturdy, I used 2 boards for the top and for the sides, it also has front and back cross supports. I haven't put a door yet.

She received left over 3/4 strength, week 6 flower nutrients from the auto flowers. Her light schedule is 18/6.

Hey Pakalolo! I love the DIY grow space you put together. Looks like it's going to do the job just right :high-five:

Yep she's looking happy :yummy::morenutes:

They're putting on good growth :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom