Papaya - CFL - Stealth - DWC - Hydro Grow Journal

Ok everyone need a little help. I believe my plant may be getting to much nitrogen i have a few leaves "tacoing" Under. They are also dark green. Can someone confirm this or give me some tips?

hmmm.png

you're correct. your plants are going to be fine. just water with plain water next time they're dry :thumb:

Hey thanks for the fast response b.real! This is my hydro girl so i may have to do a reservoir change! Does she need any nitrogen at this point while she is flowering? I have the Kind nute lineup so i can customize it any way i want and get her exactly what she needs. Can you give me a N-P-K Ratio she should have on day 35 flower? :thanks:

I would leave the res as is because she seems to like it. as she drinks, the nitrogen and the resulting ppm in the water will drop and she won't be stressed at all.

Day 63 from seed and day 35 of flowering!

Ok everyone i changed a few things. First i added 4 more lights for a total of 20 CFL's with 520 Actual watts!

There is something that always goes wrong lol.... So i plugged the damn light in and one of them wasnt coming on... So i was like wtf? I went to go and unscrew it and it blew up.... It was pointed away from papaya and exploded in my hand pretty much... She did have a few pieces of glass on her fan leaves sticking out... I got all the glass up i hope and blew her off. Im pretty sure none got on her buds... It could have been really bad. After all this making it as sterile as possible and wearing gloves and a damn bulb exploded in my tent... My luck...

Also i just added just my Bloom nutes instead of the base because as stated above i have to much nitrogen in my reservoir. Bloom nutes are 0-6-6 with no nitrogen. The base is 4-0-0 and only nitrogen. I will see how she reacts and may do a res change over the next few days if im not liking the results.

Yea it was definitely a shocker to me. I was standing there like OMG....

Tent temps are hitting high around 89 degrees... another scorcher today... RH has been below 30-45% pretty much the whole time. A few hours it will hit 50 during high humidity at night.

I was going to wait but i got some pretty good pics just a while ago so i thought i would share them! She sure is filling in nicely and my beautiful buds are getting bigger! I changed up the fans a little in my tent so i could get better air movement over my whole plant. One fan is hanging from the top and blowing over the tops and through the middle of the plant now.

Also I touched a lower smaller bud to feel the density of it and it was very dense!.... The aroma on my fingers after was AMAZING... Ive never smelled marijuana with such a strong smell. It has a really Piney earthy smell. I cant wait to finish this girl and try the smoke! They are getting a lot of Trichomes! Keep stacking them Papaya!! :thumb:

Ok Update pic time!

Figured i would give you guys a full shot of her! Sorry some of the colas are covered up by the lights....

day631.png

day632.png

day633.png

day634.png

day635.png

day636.png

day637.png

day638.png

day639.png

So I for sure know this is the correct papaya strain! I pulled one of her very small buds off that was growing randomly almost at the bottom of her stalk yesterday and put it in my ash tray... Today OMG the smell is incredible! It smells almost like a jolly rancher fruity smell. Thats the best i can describe this smell. Its such a strong fruity aroma... I hope that all the buds turn out like this and keep there smell! I can only imagine what she will taste like! I tell ya im getting more and more excited. I was scared because i have read a lot of hydro papaya plants dont smell fruity at all.. But so far its looking good!!!

:thumb::high-five:

Day 64 from seed and day 36 of flowering! She is doing great! I havent gave her any more nitrogen for 2 days now. Those tacoing green leaves are starting to turn back up! I added Cal/mag and bloom Nutes today! I have her buds tied up to the middle supports i have in my tent. They are def getting top heavy and with the fan i dont want them to break. Seeing a few pistols turning brown on some of the smaller buds. I estimate to have around 25-30 days left according to the 8 week flowering time from Nirvana. Trichomes will tell!
:thumb:

Hey Dantes Monkey!! Welcome to my journal! Glad to have you and thanks for the kind words! I just realized it was your journal i read last night that i saw that awesome PVC scrog setup on your tent supports! Awesome idea!!! I may steal that idea from you at some point! =)
:goodjob:

Day 65 from seed and day 37 of flowering!

Im on day 37 of flower and after talking with KingJohn i made the decision to go ahead and do a major defoliation instead of waiting until day 45! I had way to many buds not getting light... Also possible mold problems because it was so bunched in the middle.

I thought about it and looked at her for a good hour before i started. I really like the way she looks and the light penetration at this point... I hope she can take the stress! I filled up a plastic grocery bag of leaves lol....

Lets see if this is going to make her explode or how she is going to react!

So here we go! Heres a few pics after the CUT! Sorry for the lights being in the way on most pics... Try to get all angles!

Shes so naked!!
day651.png

Look at those middle buds!

day652.png

day653.png

day654.png

day655.png

day656.png

Hey Dantes Monkey!! Welcome to my journal! Glad to have you and thanks for the kind words! I just realized it was your journal i read last night that i saw that awesome PVC scrog setup on your tent supports! Awesome idea!!! I may steal that idea from you at some point! =)
:goodjob:

Hey thanks man! I'm glad you liked them. I think I'm gonna call them my "Monkey Bars." I'll probably do a detailed DIY thread the next time I build a set. I had to stop by and check out your grow after our DWC conversation. Your roots are looking good and I'm glad your DWC grow is going better than mine was.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

Day 66 from seed and day 38 of flowering!

Update! Papaya is doing great! She defiantly is taking up less water today! Im guess because she is a little stressed and doesnt have all those big fan leaves to feed. She is still drinking so im hoping shes going to handle the cut good...
:thumb:

Ok guys! I have serious problems! I believe i have Fungus GNATS in my reservoir... The larva anyway. They are small and black and i can spot them on the top of the water in my reservoir. They are also climing around on the reservoir walls... Im doing so research now and i may add H2O2 (peroxide) to my reservoir. My plan is to kill the GNATS and then do a reservoir change and then start back adding my aquashield... Anyone have any input on this? I have 45 mins until Lights off so i hope i can get a response...

Ok guys so i added about 15 ML of 3% peroxide to my 3 gallon reservoir... The whole little ball of gnats completely broke up when i added the peroxide! Im guessing its working or they dont like it lol.... They are none what i can see on the side walls anymore since i added it... I will do 2 reservoir flushes tomorrow and add more peroxide for the next few days and hopefully they will be gone! No mature gnats or any flying around that i can see.... I hope i caught it in time... Ill keep u updated

Ok guys im thinking about purchasing SNS 203 so i can put that in my reservoir also? Any better products? Ive read that i can use SNS 203 while in flower in my reservoir. I dont want to use any chemicals as i only have around 25 days left

Back
Top Bottom