Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

So I decided I will be buying myself a more expensive PH pen for now and will hopefully pick it up on Saturday. Other plans might be to look at some water filtration units but will happen later on. Pretty sure if I get my PH to the 5.7/5.8 it should be I will have much better growth too. Saturday can't come soon enough I want these plants saved. Will then buy a PPM pen start of 2017

Hey pat looked at the pen but can't tell if the probe is replaceable. Probes will go bad even with proper care and instead of buy a new unit you can just replace a probe if it is replaceable.
Well I also went back now to have a look bru but now I also don't know I am looking at the Milwaukee one and looks like the probe can be replaced but the Eutech doesn't look like it. This has thrown bollocks in my plans, LoL

Eutech Instruments :: Products :: By Para

So I went to go look at that pen in more detail, seems like they think their probes last....

" 0.0 to 14.0 full pH range

:: Auto-calibration & auto-buffer recognition

:: IP67 waterproof – tester floats on water for easy retrieval

:: Long sensor life – no need to change sensors

:: Click-lock battery compartment requires no tools for battery replacements

:: Hold function freezes reading temporarily for ease of recording

:: Sensor protective cap that doubles up as a container for samples or calibration solution "

Well this is what they give on the website Bedroom so not too sure. I don't mind buying a different pen however I would need to buy it in Johannesburg and then they ship it down which could take up to a week since, well since this is South Africa:rofl:We have only one hydro shop in Cape Town, another in Port Elizabeth which is 6 hours away and other ones in JHB which is 13 hours away when driving.

Probes will last a long time if looked after, been using my bluelab for over a year without even needing to change batteries, I store it in probe solution when not using it to keep it moist, have heard a few things about PH meters not working properly after drying out. Most will not have a replaceable probe, you will find it will mostly only be the hand held units with external probes that can be replaced, most pens are a throw away item when they stop working.

Probes will last a long time if looked after, been using my bluelab for over a year without even needing to change batteries, I store it in probe solution when not using it to keep it moist, have heard a few things about PH meters not working properly after drying out. Most will not have a replaceable probe, you will find it will mostly only be the hand held units with external probes that can be replaced, most pens are a throw away item when they stop working.

Hey feral. Good to know your blue labs meter is lasting. Blue labs is a very good quality company with $$ meters. They have a great warranty. My concern is that it doesn't mention anything about a warranty for the Oakton style meter. I'm sure it will last but if it goes out as some meters do fail, will he be able to replace it? On Amazon there are many meters that range from inexpensive to expensive lab grade ph meters both with replaceable probes. For instance the hm ph 200 is about 60-70$ USD and has replaceable probes. Blue labs makes a hand held for not much more then there pen. Also has replaceable probe and I find that more appealing to have the option just incase something fails.

Check the tech docs for the Oakton meter, found this in the last section :thumb:

Warranty: This tester is supplied with a warranty against manufacturing defects for a period of ONE year from date of purchase.

I would do a bit of looking at reviews of the meters before buying if spending $$$, first review of the Oakton i read on amazon states meter stopped working after 5 months, company wouldnt replace it as amazon are not authorized distributors and were selling old meters.

The warranty sounds good guys thanks for checking it out for me. Yes I also saw the bad 5 month review firstly and I was like "Oh man this sounds horrible" and then another guy says he has one for years on end so I guess it is how you look after it. I will definitely make sure the people at the hydro shop will guarantee me a warranty of some sort. If it is a year I would be pleased with it. The plants are in desperate need of some tlc and hoping they don't die. I will have a discussion with the people first and see what they say. Their Milwaukee pen is out of stock but R300 more expensive.

Good day my fellow growers, I bought a small new addition to my tent today and got a small oscilating fan to chuck in, here are some photos
420-magazine-mobile1213169162.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1471936241.jpg

420-magazine-mobile587326478.jpg

420-magazine-mobile435486502.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2098159124.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :) :passitleft:

Pat

They will love that extra bit of air movement around the tent :)
This little fan was the smallest I could find. Was R250 so about $17-18 or there about so not too expensive. Thanks for stopping by! ;)
A nice gentle breeze. Good for the plant, good for the soul. Lol.

Looks great Pat.
Always good for the soul my man. This plant has helped me in so many ways, gotta help it back in the best way possible! Thanks for the kind words guys it always means to world to me. Have a great weekend further and be safe where you travel. :passitleft:

Good day my friends, usually I am not too optimistic about it but feeling good about it. Trained a little bit more and topped the runt again. So I went this morning to pick up the pen, got all the goodies even for when I want to clone. First impressions on the Eco Testr pH1 is it is very easy to use. Great calibration and gives a pretty good reading. I tested the water from my tap to see for interest sake how much it is, it also didn't seem right to me but the reader was showing 9.7I thought to myself time to test the nutes I usually make, got it mixed up in 5L with 3ml BioGrow and 2tsps of CalMag. PH came to 7.2, surprised the plants didn't die earlier! Took a swing at it and pissed 1ml pHdown in which gave me 3.4redid the nutes and gave 0.25ml of pHdown and believe it or not the reading gave me 5.5!
420-magazine-mobile2109315424.jpg

Time for some photos of the plants. Bigger update to happen in a few days hoping they will look almost twice as good!
420-magazine-mobile1515245071.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1930381286.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1700533162.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1823883975.jpg

Some more extreme bondage on lanky wanky, planning on bending those right back around the pot

420-magazine-mobile908471049.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1970468890.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1270642345.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2073260563.jpg

420-magazine-mobile880100969.jpg

420-magazine-mobile335393597.jpg

420-magazine-mobile592159332.jpg

I hope all of you had a great weekend thus far, enjoy the rest of it!!

Pat

Back
Top Bottom