Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Good day my fellow growers I did a bit of training on the bushy plants today and also raised the light about 2 inches as some of them were curly up on the side of the leaves.
420-magazine-mobile720712647.jpg

420-magazine-mobile469962177.jpg

420-magazine-mobile845846998.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1742832851.jpg

420-magazine-mobile199507961.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1787903765.jpg

All in all I am very pleased with the light's performance so far, the fruity smell is strong when I was working on them today and I am very excited so far.

Have a great day my friends!

Pat the starfish

Question? How would you feed a plant that is so low without splashing the leaves with nute water cause the ugly spots you see?

Carefully :) :rofl: i have a few things here i use in such situations, 2L water jug with a long spout (makes it easier to maneuver) or i mix my nutes in a bucket and use a submersible pump with a hose :thumb:

Carefully :) :rofl: i have a few things here i use in such situations, 2L water jug with a long spout (makes it easier to maneuver) or i mix my nutes in a bucket and use a submersible pump with a hose :thumb:
LoL I always try and be careful but sometimes it splashes on there. I have a small jug which I use and works well. A lesson to myself is just fill it with more coco it would have been so much easierhopefully when they stretch it will be alot easier.

My Purple Trainwreck didn't stretch like the others so I use an old beer bong to feed it because it had to be propped up closer to my net. Works like a charm with no splash!

Also you are right on the money with filling them up fuller from the beginning. Even then I usually will add a little more down the road once some of it gets washed away. Fabric pots you can roll down the sides.

Yeah, in veg I splash on my leaves all the time. It doesn't matter, the plant will make more. It doesn't look pretty but its ok. Once you start getting some vertical growth it will be easier to water without hitting leaves.
I am hoping they start putting out much more growth, it has been about 3 1/2 weeks or so since I placed them in the bigger pots. Another question I have is I will be topping these ones a second time, at which point would you top it?

My Purple Trainwreck didn't stretch like the others so I use an old beer bong to feed it because it had to be propped up closer to my net. Works like a charm with no splash!

Also you are right on the money with filling them up fuller from the beginning. Even then I usually will add a little more down the road once some of it gets washed away. Fabric pots you can roll down the sides.
Welcome Asesino great to have you here! Yeah in the beginning I was thinking of doing fabric pots but then did the plastic ones for the LST. I should have used a whole brick and not 2/3rd's I originally put in. I was thinking of removing some of the bottom growth within the next few days, no point in making the plant put out energy into leaves that doesn't get that much light. Have a great day bru! :)

I am hoping they start putting out much more growth, it has been about 3 1/2 weeks or so since I placed them in the bigger pots. Another question I have is I will be topping these ones a second time, at which point would you top it?

Doesnt really matter when you top them, whenever you can cleanly take the top :thumb:
I top my girls as early as possible to keep the branches nice and short while i sort the structure of the plant, the longer you leave it, the more stretch you get between nodes, the more chance of the branch breaking or bending. All comes down to the style of training you use, i like to keep everything level, for example if im working with the top of the plant i will take the tops very quickly to stall the plant whereas a lower branch i will leave go so it can catch up to the top area giving an even canopy.

I wanted to top the two bushy ones yesterday but was wat too soon, I will go take a look at it when I am back at my place. My aim is also to keep it as low as possible since it is a bit sativa dominant. I could use the extra top's since I want to clone. I would still need to read up on some cloninghave a great day Feral

Good day! I am back with an update. So yesterday morning I went to visit my parents which is about an hour and a half's drive away, the morning before I left I thought "I will just give it clean water and it should be sorted till I get back this afternoon (Sunday)", for anybody growing coco don't make the mistake I made, got back and it had shown heavy deficiency!
420-magazine-mobile1081371375.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1513444488.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1289366035.jpg

I thought to myself, bollocks, this isn't good and first thing that came to mind is CalMag shortage since the LED uses way more than other setups. I took it as a chance to do some much needed work on it. I cut away all the dead leaves, topped both bushy buddies and tied them all down a bit more. Feeding I gave was 2ml BioGrow and 2tsp's of calmag...definitely not used to plants using this much CalMag, on to some photos!
420-magazine-mobile343549533.jpg

420-magazine-mobile111423233.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1159574111.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1297249507.jpg

Lanky Wanky being stretched back down to try and keep it lower like the rest
420-magazine-mobile505131435.jpg

420-magazine-mobile961799939.jpg

420-magazine-mobile595852859.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1900794780.jpg

Bushy ones starting with those centre bud site development, with the topping twice and more random bud sites I am hoping for between 15-20 sites
420-magazine-mobile133018791.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2065222113.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend further!

Pat

Back
Top Bottom