Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Nice work on the plant bondage Pat. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
Appreciate the visit man! Thanks for the kind words, they still have a while to go. Pretty excited to see the panel give some good nugs, if I atleast get one or two females. Have a good day buddy :)

I agree, loving the training you are doing Pat :thumb: should end up with some real bushy girls in a few weeks :) Not all males will be taller than their female counterparts, there are always chances of smaller phenotypes etc :thumb:
Thank you FeralLoL, all my training ideas I got from Mr Dirt, hoping that some of them are female. They are all bag seed and could have a chance still. Blessed day to you brother! :)

Thank you FeralLoL, all my training ideas I got from Mr Dirt, hoping that some of them are female. They are all bag seed and could have a chance still. Blessed day to you brother! :)

Nice training Pat! Are you going to clone for sex or just flip them and see which ones are females?

Nice training Pat! Are you going to clone for sex or just flip them and see which ones are females?
Plan is to make me some home made Colloidal silver and then flip, not too sure I can spray them afterwards? If they are female I will spray one plant at the bottom to make some nanners and then pollinate one cola to get some beans. Hoping somebody could chime in with regards to when I could start to spray them

Plan is to make me some home made Colloidal silver and then flip, not too sure I can spray them afterwards? If they are female I will spray one plant at the bottom to make some nanners and then pollinate one cola to get some beans. Hoping somebody could chime in with regards to when I could start to spray them

Yep best off waiting if using CS, can spray them at any time and will get results but its a lot quicker and easier if you start spraying them before you flip, about a week prior to flip id start spraying and then continue to spray till you see results :thumb:

What the CS is actually doing is reversing the sex of the branch you spray, if going from veg there are no real flowers yet so starting to spray at this point will make the new flowers come through as male (or hermy, however you want to look at it). if you start after the flip and already have flowers forming, you will have to wait longer for the flowers to change, cuts into the time of flowering and if selfing the plant may be too far along in flower to pollinate and produce seed.

You could ask Nis, he has some experience. You do know that once you spray that you cannot ingest those plants in any way? Seems like a lot of work to make your own seeds when you could clone for sex then keep a mother or two to clone from.
Think I should pop by Canna and Nis' journal again and have a look. Yes if I spray it then it can't be consumed otherwise I kick the bucket, worst case scenario, LoL! I did think about a mother plant but have no veg space to keep it in. It would be a loss of a cola to get beans since good quality beans is difficult to find in South Africa. Cling on to them like cheese on a burger. Would you think it possible to spray a bottom part then when the nanners are mature, cut them off and cut them open to use a soft brush and just dab the cola? Should give pollen but without the colloidal silver which means I could still smoke it. I do hope that makes senseit is 05:40AM and still at work...what a night...

yes you can just treat one branch and tbh i wouldnt go spraying any more than that, the pollen you will get from one branch will be enough to pollinate a football field :rofl: this way you could smoke the rest of the plant, same goes with pollination, only pollinate one branch, you will end up with about 1000 seeds from just that one branch :thumb:

All you need to do with the pollen is tap it over the branch you want to treat, will be plenty for pollination.

Much much much appreciated Feral, I will definitely start spraying a week before flowering, perhaps try and get two plants sprayed in case one turns out male then there would just be too many balls and I don't do gay orgies, only on Wednesdays. My biggest goal is to make my own fem seeds this grow and the next grow try a one plant monster

Should be getting close to working out the sex of them anyways mate ;) they will shoot out some preflowers when maturing in veg :thumb:
Just be careful when using the pollen and CS, id recommend doing it in a separate location as it will easily pollinate your whole crop. Id pretty much stick with cloning unless doing some sort of breeding, even then id use regs now, need to always remember in fem production its stressing the plant to hermy, these traits can carry on in your "fem" seeds. With cloning you are always guaranteeing yourself a 1:1 copy of the plant :thumb:

Good day all my fellow growers I am back again with an update. Got some training done to the runt, cut away two big fan leaves on the lanky wanky and tied them both down some more. The two other bushy ones are too bushy and I am struggling to get it tied down properly. I will give it about 2/3 days and then train them some more. Feeding is still at 2.5ML BioGrow and 2tsps of Calmag. Might just nudge it down to 2ml of BioGrow for the next feeding as I was just having a looksie at how they will react. Any suggestions on keeping it at 2.5 or bringing it back down to 2? The was one or two leaves showing a bit of burn but nothing too hectic. On to them photos!
420-magazine-mobile1629591258.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1545293145.jpg

This lanky wanky one is being bent back down since it is so much taller than the rest. Idea is to top the two top points making 4 nice but spots.
420-magazine-mobile125313858.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1283948300.jpg

This is the one which showed signs of deficiency early on, all of it is gone now and is difficult to say which bushy one is which!
420-magazine-mobile1178859616.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1836714563.jpg

Still my favourite one of the bunch
420-magazine-mobile842988624.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1818063721.jpg

Swear I FIM'd this runt accidently....gonna be interesting to see what it does
420-magazine-mobile890615924.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1875524587.jpg

Really hoping the two on the right turns out female but since this was bag seed it might or might not...only time will tell!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pat the marshmallow lover

Back
Top Bottom