PB's Persistent Pot Condo: Established 2019

If you wanted to use a scrog netting. You should have veged the plants to grow into the net. Daily tuck branches sticking up out of the net under the strings to the next hole. Training it to all be at the same canopy. Once the net is filled in, then flip to flower.

Trimming, I would say cut off those bottom leaves that aren’t looking too healthy. Your at the point of early flower you will want to do a small trim. It’s common for the bottom leaves to come off first. No worries. Trim other big leaves that are blocking the light for lower bud sights. You can also tie branches to the side/down to keep a lower canopy.

They’re looking good man, and bushy. Yeah man give them a bit of a trim. :ganjamon: Focus her energy on what really counts.

I lollipopped my last plants, focusing on bigger higher quality buds rather then more of bud, but smaller popcorn buds.

/pity party on

Man I'm having a heck of a time with lights! Fell short on the contest (I'll admit I'm still a little butt hurt on how it went down) and now TWICE scammed on eBay lights.

Of course I didn't find out I won't be receiving the 2nd set I ordered till after I tore my room and closet apart and switched my LED's to my flowering plants, as I just didn't have the space or coverage I need with the VP450 and the side CFL's and something needed to be done.

I was at least able to pick up a third resale fixture, now I've got 8 CFL's and two incandescent grows running in my veg closet (no pot condo addition yet either damnit), the new girls will have to feed on curly cue light for a while. I will not be deterred! Cheers, Have a great day!

/pity party off

/pity party on

Man I'm having a heck of a time with lights! Fell short on the contest (I'll admit I'm still a little butt hurt on how it went down) and now TWICE scammed on eBay lights.

Of course I didn't find out I won't be receiving the 2nd set I ordered till after I tore my room and closet apart and switched my LED's to my flowering plants, as I just didn't have the space or coverage I need with the VP450 and the side CFL's and something needed to be done.

I was at least able to pick up a third resale fixture, now I've got 8 CFL's and two incandescent grows running in my veg closet (no pot condo addition yet either damnit), the new girls will have to feed on curly cue light for a while. I will not be deterred! Cheers, Have a great day!

/pity party off
I've also got scammed with the first led I purchased from ebay, it's a shame.
I, at least, got a refund. What about you?

I did @AliceGG, first time took a few weeks, this time the seller just up and refunded the money instead of me having to chase them which I guess is a good thing!

So the girls are all settled in under the new light config and doing fine, but I'm having a heck of a time choosing a new light either to replace these 3 or be used in the veg closet. Any suggestions for around $150? 4 x 4 is what I'm gong to be trying to cover in veg and bloom. Anyone looking to part with used equipment that's not junk? Thanks and Cheers!

I know you are in a bind with your lighting, and really want those LED's, but you can fetch a brand new 600w hps on Amzon for the money you have budgeted. Just a suggestion.

Hiya Cap I'm chugging along with this beast atm these youngins don't seem to mind it:
IMG_20190321_194232049_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190321_194156254_HDR.jpg

What I think I might do is pick up a MH TS1000 to be honest, they have impressive specs for their $$$/size and are def in my price range. Sara might get a sale out of that promo! :yahoo:

I pulled all the proper permits for the pot condo addition and cleared the construction site today!
IMG_20190322_183235797.jpg

Girls are happy about the prospect of new neighbors

IMG_20190322_183314325.jpg

Happy Friday, cheers y'all! :yahoo:

My Lord it's a jungle in the pot condo again! When do I trim again? There's a fair amount of big leaves shading lower bud sites, I'm tucking the best I can. Or should I be removing lower bud sites anyway? They look so good I dunno if I could bring myself to do it!

Here's a then and now, always fun to see progress!

Day 1 in flower:

IMG_20190310_145925432_HDR.jpg

Day 14:

IMG_20190324_073929840_HDR.jpg

Amazing the difference between the plants on the left and on right. Like two sets of twins from the same mom.

Did some training to try and even out the big girls a bit, there's ALOT of colas!

IMG_20190324_073545352.jpg

I did manage to bake the crap out of the big plants under my Frankenstein light. CFL make heat! Oh well, live and learn. New growth still strong!

IMG_20190324_075834584_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190324_075828413_HDR.jpg

Cute little clones though huh? Rooted 4 out of 8.
IMG_20190324_080329753_HDR.jpg

Happy Sunday day, Cheers y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_20190310_145925432_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190310_145925432_HDR.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 205
I trim everything that is blocking potential growth. I removed an entire Wal-Mart bag last time, and can't even tell now. The first victims are the three-fingers, then any that are "shaking hands".

Mornin Cap, thanks for the reply. I think alot of the three fingers are gone already. It's the big fans one or two sets down on the colas mostly that are blocking the lower growth. Im not sure if I should remove that lower growth and focus energy on the big buds or not. Today is a busy day, I just tuck for now. I'll shoot a side pic so as to show you smart people before I do anything.

Ok so I've never asked this because I had no data to go off, but now based on what you see anyone want to venture a educated guess on my harvest?

Ok so I've never asked this because I had no data to go off, but now based on what you see anyone want to venture a educated guess on my harvest?

I have no idea, but should be decent. ;)
You really got into it, lots of plants, clones, everything :D I wish I had the possibility to grow like this. Well, not in the near future.
Btw do you have a fan blowing on those leaves? I think it might help a bit with burning, and I've heard it has other advantages too.

Happy growing, pbass! :green_heart:

Yes @AliceGG , some might even say I've gone overboard lol! I tend to get a bit obsessed by my interests...no exception for this venture! The second set of plants happened because I got some more feminised seeds from a friend and I went a bit germination crazy for a little while there. Then I just couldn't bring myself to throw all those adorable little cuttings away! These three are the ones that took from my first foray into cloning, and they just started putting on new growth like crazy.

I was so excited when I started this pot growing thing, I had to have 12 plants because that's what Michigan said I could. Now I have 12 plants...wtf am I going to do with them all! I guess we'll see what the pot condo seating capacity is here pretty soon. I'm actually considering seeking out some qualified foster parents, as I just did another trim and OMG I have the cutest flower arrangement that really should be rooted!

My excitement for today....a inexpensive little present to myself arriving on the China express that I hope will help my light situation...stay tuned for Frankenstein V2!

Only 12 here @Backlipslide (only, ha!), 2 more might sink the ship! I'll calm down eventually. The other thing that's starting to hit me is wtf am I going to do with all this weed (knocks on wood), I don't even go through a quarter a month lol! Actually two of the 4 flowering LAC's are still experiencing some sort of permanent lockout/stunted growth thing, I don't expect to get much out of them. I really need to work on getting the PH of my soil dialed in, it's still in the mid 7 range. It's payday today I think I can sneak in PH and PPM meters this week, I really need to do this!

The GREAT thing about having "too much" is, it gets better as it cures for a long period of time. Since we can have up to 12, I'm thinking about a "4 flowering" growing schedule. 4 in flower, 4 in veg, and start 4 two weeks before harvest. That way, as you're drying, you have plants to move from veg to flower, seedling to veg, and repeat in 8-12 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom