PB's Persistent Pot Condo: Established 2019

Well the China express rolled in yesterday with some cheapos that I wasn't really impressed with at first, but the new girls really seem to like them! They are each supposedly 80w cob, but they don't seem awefully bright. Was fun to play with and cheap though, I'll let them roll with it a bit and see how it goes, if not I'll use them for side light I guess. 12 bucks a piece...I could have put that toward a new light I know but I figured wtf...so without further ado, meet Frankenstein v.2!
IMG_20190330_091100549.jpg
IMG_20190330_091046071.jpg

I don't even go through a quarter a month

I can relate to that! I smoke some now,but my last outdoor grow,I wasn't smoking at all,and ended up with a pound and a half-Fortunately,my 4 sons didn't let it get stale...

Those lights look pretty good for 12 bucks each-did they come with the
reflectors,or are those "Pbass Custom"?
The plants seem to like 'em-they're looking happy.

My custom is tinfoil on cardboard Carc! You should see the pot condo tonight it's duct taped up like the dune buggy in that tape infomercial!

Those covers come with and the driver is onboard i guess because it's just a 3 wire 110 lead coming off. They do get hot but not so bad that I feel like I need to cool them more than with what the hoods do. They have brackets on the back (thin) with a mount hole, I just mounted them on a scrap of metal stud and wired them up with a scrap extension cord I had.

I rearranged and up potted my clones, I'm digging the combo of Frank v1 and v2, regardless of the quality of the light it's pretty dang bright in there! Temp at lights out is a issue in the new room - I'm NOT digging the big heater sucking juice all night so I sealed the seams and put a roof up I'm hoping that cuts that need down.

IMG_20190330_154320426_HDR.jpg

Oh and this came the same day lol! Sorry MH not hanging in my room yet. Maybe someday! My walls are pretty bare though, would be nice to have some banner or something up there sometime...just sayin...;)

Nothing wrong with tinfoil on cardboard-in fact,I thought of doing that with my led,but decided it probably didn't need it :)

Not much you can't do with some tinfoil,cardboard ,ductape, zip ties,paper clips, hot glue,and a myriad of other things that I won't think of till I need them...

**edit** What are your nightime temps in there without a heater?

What are your nightime temps in there without a heater?

High 50's low 60's, depends on how cold it is upstairs/outside, my thermostat is set at 62 at night. So far I've had closed, small spaces, and until tonight that room was pretty much open to the whole basement. We'll have to see how it shapes up now that its sealed...I was just down there and it was 75 with the lights on, the CFL rig definitely puts out some extra heat!

I imagine they could go colder than 70ish at night but I've tried to avoid it, am I just wasting power?

Mine are in the back room with the heat register closed,nightime temps
get down to about 60 in there.
I may be wrong,but I don't worry about it-my outdoor grows got a lot colder than that,and the plants didn't suffer,as far as I could tell.
If it's hurting my current plants,they're not showing it-I like to keep shit simple,so low temps don't worry me much-It's high temp that I may end up having a problem with -the box consistently runs 14 degrees warmer than the room, which is ok now,but when it warms up.... well,I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

i do t know if it matters but i try to pick off everything in order to get a lollipop effect before the end of stretch is through.
and also i pick just off a couple branches a day and spread it over the course of the stretch rather than just pick everything off in one day.
im at day 17 now and only removed 1 small shoot and 3 fan leaves, at this point i wont touch the fan leaves now that trichomes are visible to naked eye

Happy Sunday! Gmornin' Y'all, 3 Weeks in flower today!

Two big girls doing well in larger pots:

Light penetration is a issue! How do I get exposure to the lower buds without more lights, I don't know what fan leaves must stay or could go to expose more budding undergrowth? I should have probably trimmed out much more lower shoots but they looked so good and I'm a horder. If you guys thing the low stuff should just be chopped to focus growth to the tops I'd do it, I'm running low on weed anyway! I imagine that trim would keep me happy for a little while.

Happy Sunday (cont.)

Everyone got a pot upgrade. I used the one 5gal felt pot I had left and everyone else got a $1 laundry basket and...yes I know....bluejeans. My runt is has really perked up and thanked me but the the third one down hasn't taken to it well and has been fighting happy for a while now. Not all but some doing the droop and yellowing.

Hopefully it's just prolonged repotting trauma, some of the plant is still looking all chipper and green as you can see.
However it pans out for her, I'm not too concerned.

The lights on this side of the room are far inferior to the VP Par450 but this is all by design, I was originally planning only to focus my good light on the two big plants for flowering anyway. If these little guys kick it great, if not, no sweat. Amazing all 4 come from seeds from the same mother. Like two entirely different sets of twins from the start.

So there' another week under our belt guys and girls, thanks for all your interest and support! Cheers! :yahoo:

Yeah man take off what ever you need to take off to penetrate that light below the top canopy. See if I have a before and after photo of cropping the highest parts of my canopy. Fan leaves are important, but I had no harm in taking off the majority of the big fan leaves... leave a few but take the biggest light blockers off. Keep up the hard work man

Your plants are looking good,Pbass - I think the droopy one will snap out of it in a day or 2.
I've done some light defol twice on my plants,trimmed off most of the "suckers",so there really isn't much below the canopy that needs light.

I can see all the budsites from above the plant,and if I can see them,I figure the light can too,so I'll probably not do much more defol on them,unless the leaves start blocking something that I feel is important-kind of a semi-lollipop thing.

At least that's the situation right now,I flipped to 12/12 2 days ago,so things could change.

Thanks HD, here's some shots of undergrowth that I think I should get rid of. I know it will help my big buds but they look so cute it's hard to make the cuts!

IMG_20190403_065845358.jpg

IMG_20190403_065609017.jpg

IMG_20190403_065556178.jpg

I need to get a better closeup device, but this shows some fun little mushroom looking thingys showing up at the party!

IMG_20190403_064411835.jpg

IMG_20190403_064314553.jpg

And here's some amber I'm super stoked about!

IMG_20190403_065655901.jpg

I've been stressing hard core over my lack of good lighting for the rest of the gang, but today I'm gonna try and focus on the progress. I'm very happy with my VP Par450, it really is keeping my main plants growing. I turned the blue down to about 50%, figure it would be good to start focusing on the flower spectrum. I also got some more resale shop fixtures and on sale 5000k CFLs, I can't seem to resist blowing 10 bucks here and there to bandaid instead of just saving my money and getting a proper setup! They couldn't be more jenky but might give me the boost I need on the other side of the flower room. One of these days I'm gonna have some scratch to do this right! Cheers, have a great day!:yahoo:

**edit** What are your nightime temps in there without a heater?

I've also taken your suggestion and turned off the heaters @carcass , hasn't bothered the girls in the least. May have even helped, I got some serious stretch the last couple days! Thanks to you and everyone else for your continued support and advice!

One of these days I'm gonna have some scratch to do this right!

By the look of your plants I'd say you're already doing something right....but I know what you mean-
like one of these days I'm gonna get a real grow tent, some real fans, etc.
Something we have in common is,even though we may not have the latest & greatest equipment,
we're both managing to grow some real cannabis, which is what it's really about...

Everyone got a pot upgrade.
I read that,and it just sounded funny:)
Like they had a sale at the dispensary or something.....

Back
Top Bottom