Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

Hi Neil, on the description you wrote "Mostly Bridgelux, "Mostly" means there are also other LEDs? Which one? Also, the Bridgelux 5W Hi Powered LEDs you use, are they from Epistar or from which other manufacturer?

Thanks and greets

Morial, Bridgelux has two factories that I know of where they make their chips, Taiwan and in Liverpool, CA.

As you might have learned before, I work with an engineer that used to work with Blackdog. He has been in the industry for 10 years. Anyway, we buy the Bridgelux chips and assemble them into LED emitters. (I'm working on a COB design, but so far, it doesn't have as high an average par).

We use Bridgelux chips for all colors except red, because their red isn't as good, nor does it preform as well for deep reds. They mainly specialize in white light, which is why I use them for the cool and warm white and blues, etc. White starts with blue, BTW. For more info on that, just check out Bridgelux's site.

We have an in-house factory that also creates all the red LED emitters. Yes I avoided telling you which brand of RED chips because that is partly the reason why my lights produce such large buds.

I also do not tell the unique blend of first and secondary optics, as that, too is why my lights are so intense and why they cover such large areas with intensity.

BTW, some of your city's street lamps and many of the cars driving around with LED lights were built by my partner. Among stadium lights, and so on.

I did design a pure cree LED grow light that uses Meanwell drivers, but it is very expensive, and it doesn't have as high an average par for 4x4 as my Goliath. For example, you might find a video of my Perfect Sun XL, all cree and meanwell, totally waterproof, no fans. It uses 800 watts and still doesn't beat the Goliath's average par, and Goliath only uses 575w or so.

Hi Neil and all at 420. I have 2 600hps in a 4.5 x 6 x 7 h. Would a PS1000 move enough to keep light close to canopy in a 6 foot wide when a new set of girls decide to grow taller than expecting ? I have time so I'm also waiting/curious about the PS Max Yield mentioned earlier.

Walleye, 1 ps 1000 could give you the same wait as 2x 600w, if you pull 12oz right now from each 600w HPS.

1x ps 1000 can yield 710 grams. Move it the 6 foot.

I grow with it with 7 foot ceilings. I train my plants to be short. However, during mid to late flower, you can get 12 inches away from the light because it is moving.

Top work mate ha ha.here is what ur awsome goliath light is doing in the hands of the beast;) thanks again;)
20161129_173154.JPG
happy growing;)

Velk i know he has a warehouse in hongkong.as he shipped goliath to hongkong then came to the uk from there to reach me;) email niel mate he will know more;)

Be careful ordering from this guy. I bought and paid for a Goliath light on the 11th of November, and after having waited the couple weeks to restock. I PMed LEDRF about my order. After getting a reply that my light would be shipped within a week.

It was never shipped out. I had to get paypal to refund the money today Dec 5th, because LEDRF would no longer respond to any PMs or emails... too busy updating his grow journals to resolve the issue i guess. I got no respect for this guy, nor do I recommend anyone buy from him. Happy Holidays.

11-Nov-2016 23:04:08 GMT-05:00
You sent a payment of $1,139.00 USD to masterpaintingnow.com

11-24-2016, 03:10 PM
420 Sponsor

LEDRF's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2012
Post Thanks / Like
Re: Goliath light
Quote Originally Posted by Canad420
Hey LED, Any updates on the goliath stock and when you'll be shipping? Thanks.

The holidays set things back just a bit. I will be shipping them out in a week or less. Blame Turkey Day and Black Friday, lol.

Canad420 -- Paypal didn't refund the money. I did. All you had to do was ask for a refund, which you never did, rather than going to Paypal. Just come to me, man. I said I am very behind on lights and the wait time for Goliaths is taking longer than expected.

I am only waiting for my cases. Everything else is ready to go.

Once I get the cases and this batch is sold out, I will not be selling any until the next batch is ready because I personally hate waiting for things in the mail, so I will not be taking pre-orders for the next batch.

BTW, this is for anyone waiting for a Goliath -- Just email me if you want a refund. For some reason the freight truck in Washington is just sitting there (I think waiting to get a full truck)

They are supposed to be on there way with my cases to Portland, then from Portland, Oregon, to me. If I had known this freight company was so slow, I never would have used them. I'm sorry for those still waiting, but you know the light is worth waiting for. :) It is kicking serious ass for me and Beast and Ween and others.

RainForest has responded to me every time I've emailed him. Last Thursday LEDRF did respond to me twice in the same night which was a little odd. Maybe one message was intended for Canda420 (once via email and once through the website.)

I'm not happy about the wait at all as I too still don't have my light. It's been over 3 weeks.

I really want the Goliath...not my money back. I was planning on ordering another Goliath AFTER the first one arrives (which I'm still waiting on). I feel like I'm a month behind on my first grow. I find myself looking at Advanced and AMARE lights as I want to get started, but something is telling me that the Goliath is the real deal and that I'm better off waiting.

@LEDRF Do you have any ETA, or any idea when the cases will arrive? They're still sitting in a depot, and not in transit!?

@CANAD420 I placed my order on the November 12th. I'm in the same boat as you...trust me I know exactly how your feeling. I'm glad you posted. See Beasts Goliath grow you can see my comments regarding the light.

Infinitedream, I keep calling them, believe me. I try to sound very nice on the phone, which at this point is really hard. They keep telling me they are departing, then I call and I'm like, well how long does it take a truck to get from Washington to Portland, Oregon?

So I've called some other freight companies and asked what could be going on. They said, that smaller freight companies wait until their truck is filled up before they leave, as in weight for orders to come in and fill the truck.

I know they can't just jip me, but waiting this long is such crap.

I totally understand if you need a refund. Just let me know.

Same people have my Dwarf Star cases.

500s and 1000s are shipping out, though.

Back
Top Bottom