Perpetual Grow Room Build

JamesBong502

Just Stoned and planning,

Anyone know of some solid threads geared towards grow room build/design? More for the hobbiest gardener, found some sweet threads for commercial grow set ups but I’m looking for multi-room perpetual set-up.

I’ll be doing some interior work this winter and just looking for various references to see what looks efficient and effective.

Thanks teddy, I’ve found some good ones in there. I’m mainly interested in the construction of the rooms inside of a bigger room.
When I get to the point of construction I’m planning to do a write up/or get my info and pics to someone to who can do a solid well worded write up for the resources. From what I’ve found I think it would be useful for some.
I have a space that’s 17’x12’x7’ want to figure out how to get the most out of it.

Well the flower room would be the largest.

The next question is how big do you want to grow the plants... on average 2' x 2' if growing a small bush with access to water or adjust reflector height.

The veg room could use shelving to save space for vegging plants but I'm not sure if need to allow extra room for mother plants.

Length 17' width 7' for flowering should give enough wiggle room for any plant training or method of growing.

Length 17' width 5' for veg with shelving T 5 / 8 tubes & area for mother plants included / storage.

Minus or - for some space etc etc etc for access.

The consultants fee is £ 5000 for 5 minutes of work, if ya throw in free smoke ya get 20 % off, that is off the harvest !

Easy kilo in that space perhaps more.

It’s a basement/garage, it was finished until I removed some dry wall that was just glued onto the concrete wall.
It is concrete floors also, I plan on sketching it today to show what I’m working with.

Thanks teddy, I’ve found some good ones in there. I’m mainly interested in the construction of the rooms inside of a bigger room.
When I get to the point of construction I’m planning to do a write up/or get my info and pics to someone to who can do a solid well worded write up for the resources. From what I’ve found I think it would be useful for some.
I have a space that’s 17’x12’x7’ want to figure out how to get the most out of it.
I strongly considered one big space but the plants in veg need a different environment than the ones curing or blooming blah blah so I went went 3 different tents and a workstation . Glad I’m did as I can use green led’s like @Emilya just installed at my work station and press rosin long after the ladies have gone to bed :)

This is how my room sits as of now minus the walls around furnace and water heater. That will be my starting point and will run my electric inside of that room as a control center.
That leaves me the space next to it at 5x7x7(veg/flower) then I would build a 4x8x7 for just flowering. And continue to use my 4x4 tent to house mothers and clones.
425643F9-D8FB-4347-ACD1-4F69E551AAC2.jpeg

I’ve learned that once a zipper is open , the house smells .....what I like about not having a ‘ room ‘ per say is that I can strip my space down in a half an hour ..move it, upgrade it, isolate any pests , and best of all use an ozinator after I round up all the pets , to completely rid the space of any trace .
can’t wait to see what you come up with :) :nomo::popcorn::goodluck:

I’ve learned that once a zipper is open , the house smells .....what I like about not having a ‘ room ‘ per say is that I can strip my space down in a half an hour ..move it, upgrade it, isolate any pests , and best of all use an ozinator after I round up all the pets , to completely rid the space of any trace .
can’t wait to see what you come up with :) :nomo::popcorn::goodluck:
I can’t argue that at all, tents are very convenient but I just don’t have enough control of the environment surrounding it.
when I seal the main room off it will be completely climate controlled which should help even if I kept the tents Inside of it. My garage doors are my main areas creating the drafts but I’m in and out of them to many times per day to seal them off.
It will be a while since I overthink everything but it’ll be worth it in the long run.

This is how my room sits as of now minus the walls around furnace and water heater. That will be my starting point and will run my electric inside of that room as a control center.
That leaves me the space next to it at 5x7x7(veg/flower) then I would build a 4x8x7 for just flowering. And continue to use my 4x4 tent to house mothers and clones.
425643F9-D8FB-4347-ACD1-4F69E551AAC2.jpeg
I set them up consecutively utilizing the existing back wall and coming out about 10'. Veg room vented to flower room, flower room vented outside. Air intake in Veg room comes from opening under stairs.
I built platforms to keep plants off the concrete floor. In the flower room I utilized my spare set of tires with planks on top to create a platform off the ground.
I liquid nailed reflective insulation to the concrete walls.
Is the room heated/AC?

I set them up consecutively utilizing the existing back wall and coming out about 10'. Veg room vented to flower room, flower room vented outside. Air intake in Veg room comes from opening under stairs.
I built platforms to keep plants off the concrete floor. In the flower room I utilized my spare set of tires with planks on top to create a platform off the ground.
I liquid nailed reflective insulation to the concrete walls.
Is the room heated/AC?
Yes, but until I close off the “shop” from the garage it’s pointless. I did rig up a 6” transfer out from a register for a/c during the summer I plan on setting back up for heat.

That sounds like a plan.
How are you set for electric?
I’m upgrading too 200amp service in the next few weeks with a 100 amp sub panel. After that is when everything will start moving. That’s been my most limiting factor minus the climate control. I’ll be running 220v for my lights with a controller as well a few gang boxes for pumps and fans.

I’m upgrading too 200amp service in the next few weeks with a 100 amp sub panel. After that is when everything will start moving. That’s been my most limiting factor minus the climate control. I’ll be running 220v for my lights with a controller as well a few gang boxes for pumps and fans.

Yes. It's a good thing you are doing it now.
I had to add two 20A beakers after the rooms were built. I'm not in a friendly state and worry about contractors.
Is your ceiling finished, or do you have exposed joists?

Yes. It's a good thing you are doing it now.
I had to add two 20A beakers after the rooms were built. I'm not in a friendly state and worry about contractors.
Is your ceiling finished, or do you have exposed joists?
I agree completely, my ceilings are finished but some I’ll have no choice but to cut some sheet rock out for my headers.

Hi Bong, James Bong, I envy your space. So much to work with! How exciting. I grow outdoors in summer but I have a small indoor closet tent grow. I'll be stopping in to see what you're up to if you don't mind. Stay stoneder!

Back
Top Bottom