Perpetual Grow Room Build

Hi Bong, James Bong, I envy your space. So much to work with! How exciting. I grow outdoors in summer but I have a small indoor closet tent grow. I'll be stopping in to see what you're up to if you don't mind. Stay stoneder!
Hey Fredwak :passitleft:
I appreciate it, funny thing is if I could trade it all for a little bitty cabin on 50+ acres of pasture and hunting land with a green house I would do it in a heartbeat lol
But until that’s a reality I’ll mow my grass outside and grow my grass inside. But either way I’ll be stoned off my ass :bongrip::high-five:
When I get the official write up going I’ll tag you guys to follow along. I’m just thinking out loud with like minded folk right now :lot-o-toke:

This is how my room sits as of now minus the walls around furnace and water heater. That will be my starting point and will run my electric inside of that room as a control center.
That leaves me the space next to it at 5x7x7(veg/flower) then I would build a 4x8x7 for just flowering. And continue to use my 4x4 tent to house mothers and clones.
425643F9-D8FB-4347-ACD1-4F69E551AAC2.jpeg
That gives you 35 sq. ft. for veg & 32 sq. ft. for flower. More room for flower, not less. I'd do 5x5 or 6x6 for veg & 5 x 10 for flower. That all fit's on 1 - 17' wall. Then a little 2 x 4 Clone / seedling area. Still have plenty of room for anything else.

Damned, that will be some expensive wire for 100 Amp to the grow room Sub panel. I did 50 Amp to my shed & used 6/2 wire & that was about $150 for 100'. That was on offer up & it's even more at Home Depot. Then the 1" Liquid tight was another $100. So $250 just to get to the sub panel. Then just the normal 14/3 for regular lighting & 12/3 for the outlets. All just have 15 Amp Breakers except the window AC which is 30 Amp.
If you need electrical advice ask Hydroholic. He's a certified electrician & told me how to do it.

That gives you 35 sq. ft. for veg & 32 sq. ft. for flower. More room for flower, not less. I'd do 5x5 or 6x6 for veg & 5 x 10 for flower. That all fit's on 1 - 17' wall. Then a little 2 x 4 Clone / seedling area. Still have plenty of room for anything else.
And this is exactly why I came here to think out loud! :high-five::thumb:

Damned, that will be some expensive wire for 100 Amp to the grow room Sub panel. I did 50 Amp to my shed & used 6/2 wire & that was about $150 for 100'. That was on offer up & it's even more at Home Depot. Then the 1" Liquid tight was another $100. So $250 just to get to the sub panel. Then just the normal 14/3 for regular lighting & 12/3 for the outlets. All just have 15 Amp Breakers except the window AC which is 30 Amp.
If you need electrical advice ask Hydroholic. He's a certified electrician & told me how to do it.
Luckily I’m not far from my main panel less then 50’ unless I have to go up to the attic then back down. And sub panel is mainly for the rest of the house that’s just where I’ll be accessing the power

Luckily I’m not far from my main panel less then 50’ unless I have to go up to the attic then back down. And sub panel is mainly for the rest of the house that’s just where I’ll be accessing the power
I designated 20A braker per room. I opted to have a small oil filled heater in each room. I set the heater to draw 600W. They are enough to veg a 2.5 x10 room and flower an 8x10 room with lights and fans and a couple of humidifiers for veg room.
Dehumidifier is on another braker and regulate humidity to 58% in the rest of the basement.
Luckily my temps never go above 80 in the basement even with the lights on, and they usually don't drop below 50.

Yes smaller veg space maybe even 2 tiers or layers but use that to feed into larger grow space, but yes sir you gotta get the temps up too
Absolutely! You could put clones and smaller veg plants on a wire bakers rack thing with some LEDs or T-5s and leave floor space for mothers/larger veg plants, etc. Envious of the extra space! I'm doing what i can perpetually between a 2x3x5 tent and a 2x4x6 cabinet!

I designated 20A braker per room. I opted to have a small oil filled heater in each room. I set the heater to draw 600W. They are enough to veg a 2.5 x10 room and flower an 8x10 room with lights and fans and a couple of humidifiers for veg room.
Dehumidifier is on another braker and regulate humidity to 58% in the rest of the basement.
Luckily my temps never go above 80 in the basement even with the lights on, and they usually don't drop below 50.
Im hoping with some good insulation my home system will be sufficient but oil filled heaters are cost efficient and effective if I need. I like that

Absolutely! You could put clones and smaller veg plants on a wire bakers rack thing with some LEDs or T-5s and leave floor space for mothers/larger veg plants, etc. Envious of the extra space! I'm doing what i can perpetually between a 2x3x5 tent and a 2x4x6 cabinet!
Very good idea.

Im hoping with some good insulation my home system will be sufficient but oil filled heaters are cost efficient and effective if I need. I like that
Yeah, I just ordered a 14000 BTU portable AC with Heater so I can use my grow shed. Using tents indoors for now. But AC is suppose to arrive Wednesday.
You've got a nice size space to work with so lots of options. Do you have water to that area ? Maybe add a shop sink.
PITA hauling water to my shed.

Well the flower room would be the largest.

The next question is how big do you want to grow the plants... on average 2' x 2' if growing a small bush with access to water or adjust reflector height.

The veg room could use shelving to save space for vegging plants but I'm not sure if need to allow extra room for mother plants.
I have a very special place in my heart for closet grows/growers.

Living in Chicago gave me an opportunity to see some amazing closet grows that inspire me to raise girls with petite structures (skinny girls the grow fat buds) :yummy: The ingenuity of closet growers is the ultimate combination of science and art.

Yeah, I just ordered a 14000 BTU portable AC with Heater so I can use my grow shed. Using tents indoors for now. But AC is suppose to arrive Wednesday.
You've got a nice size space to work with so lots of options. Do you have water to that area ? Maybe add a shop sink.
PITA hauling water to my shed.
I don’t have a drain for a sink but I have a hose spickit I planned to tap a RO system into

If no waste water drain then maybe rig up a large plastic trash can with a sump pump connected to garden hose that empties outdoors
I do have one floor drain in the garage side but that’s what I was figuring also. I’ve seen some systems that create quite a bit of waste water. What can that waste water be used for. Outdoor plants?

I watered my outdoor plants with it every time I did a bucket change when I did DWC.
Went back to soil as DWC was a lot of work keeping up with things.
If you have outdoor plants, maybe run a PVC line to them from your sink drain.
It would be great to drain it to tomatoes.

So whats your grow media? I would assume that soil grows would create less waste than hydro formats. Yes I guess water the outdoor stuff...
I’m trying DWC for the first time now but coco has always been my media until now. I would probably stick with coco and have a drain to waste system of sorts. Although I’m highly considering a switch to mega crop before I decide where I’m going for sure

This is how my room sits as of now minus the walls around furnace and water heater. That will be my starting point and will run my electric inside of that room as a control center.
That leaves me the space next to it at 5x7x7(veg/flower) then I would build a 4x8x7 for just flowering. And continue to use my 4x4 tent to house mothers and clones.
425643F9-D8FB-4347-ACD1-4F69E551AAC2.jpeg
How exciting to set up a new grow space! I see on your drawing that you are going to close in your furnace and water heater. Are they gas appliances? If they are gas they need combustion air to function properly. Make sure you supply fresh air for them. (I am a licensed plumber)... :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom