Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

I like the thought of a dug in hempy bucket and I might try one. Are you going to have some sort of drywell or gravel sump for the drain? Just a little extra digging, a little larger than your reservoir, then fill with gravel enough to height you want bucket to sit. I did something like that for a banana tree in soil. Brought it in at start of fall and back out in spring. Decided to plant in soil and mulch with leaves about 3 feet deep in fall. Worked a couple years but hospital visit caused no mulching. Never got a banana, but plant looked tropical for the wife. My tomatoes took over the basement.

Speaking of tomatoes, I ate the first tomato from my basement and the LEDs. It was delicious. Only with mayonaise and salt and pepper on white bread. Yum. Plants have hundreds of blossoms. Best these plants have done in winter-overing in 4 years. Mars II LEDs do the job. Lots of work to do to get them outside.

:yahoo:
WJ

I like the thought of a dug in hempy bucket and I might try one. Are you going to have some sort of drywell or gravel sump for the drain? Just a little extra digging, a little larger than your reservoir, then fill with gravel enough to height you want bucket to sit. I did something like that for a banana tree in soil. Brought it in at start of fall and back out in spring. Decided to plant in soil and mulch with leaves about 3 feet deep in fall. Worked a couple years but hospital visit caused no mulching. Never got a banana, but plant looked tropical for the wife. My tomatoes took over the basement.

Speaking of tomatoes, I ate the first tomato from my basement and the LEDs. It was delicious. Only with mayonaise and salt and pepper on white bread. Yum. Plants have hundreds of blossoms. Best these plants have done in winter overing in 4 years. Mars II LEDs do the job. Lots of work to do to get them outside.

:yahoo:
WJ

I dug my hole today, and dropped some river rocks in there. Well they're rocks i got from a local river, so i think that counts lol. If you try one that way, then we'll get a good comparison. And it'll be good to see how they do against the doob tube, cause i might do a photo in ground and in tree next year if it goes well for you. Damn, i didn't realize you could try to grow banana trees up this far. Oh, i get to plant my Texas star hibiscus too! When should i put them in the ground? That's cool to hear your tomatoes came out so nice under the led. I'll have to have you email me a list of good veggies to grow in my garden. Stuff you would grow for salsa and Italian food, or just stuff that's damn good. But I've never done a garden so i need some real help lol

I dug my hole today, and dropped some river rocks in there. Well they're rocks i got from a local river, so i think that counts lol. If you try one that way, then we'll get a good comparison. And it'll be good to see how they do against the doob tube, cause i might do a photo in ground and in tree next year if it goes well for you. Damn, i didn't realize you could try to grow banana trees up this far. Oh, i get to plant my Texas star hibiscus too! When should i put them in the ground? That's cool to hear your tomatoes came out so nice under the led. I'll have to have you email me a list of good veggies to grow in my garden. Stuff you would grow for salsa and Italian food, or just stuff that's damn good. But I've never done a garden so i need some real help lol

For sure. The last four years the tomatoes have been on back deck. I'm putting them on the south end of the house. Threr's a gigantic hedge that I have to trim, a lot. They need to be in the sun. Nights are in the 40s. No more freezing temps.

I'll be glad to send you some of my spring veggies extra seeds. Bak Choy and I'd put the Texas Stars under your seed starting lights indoors as a seedling for a month or so. I just put six in a clear plastic veggie thing from the grocery store. It works fine with a few cups of soil. Transplant in a month and they'll start going.

Pretty much the wife grows beans and herbs in soil. Sometimes grape tomatoes for her salads. Some squashes and melons. I planted Sassafrass trees about 15 tears ago and the teas from the roots are pretty nice. Tastes like rootbeer. Sassafrass spreads by their roots and they are almost like bamboo and mint. It's not where you grow them be how you keep them contained.

Email coming later.

:ciao:
WJ

Yeah, our nights are staying in the 40's too, so I'm excited about that. Since my lights are on at night, it works perfect. Last night was the first time i didn't have to run a heater in the garage since November. Ol lady is gonna love to see that power bill drop! I'll get them hibiscus going this week. I'll be putting my cssh and amnesia seeds in pellets today, they both have taproot. Blue dream seed is still showing no signs of life, so she'll get binned today. After i take a pic of course, in case herbies wants to see it when i page another order someday. Unless i go bonza that is

We started getting rain so cutting hedge won't be done til this weekend. Unfortunately I have to rely on others to do the physical work. I have harvested all the greens in the tent but have to wait til tomatoes are out so I can clean the tent for the girls.

I'll be doing some of the Texas Star Hibiscus too. I want to fill my yard with the big blossoms. I gave 20 plants away last year.

I have heard about Amnesia. Powerful with THC I think. Can't wait to see how they grow. Sorry about the Blue Dream. I'd like one just for the color. I ordered three Red Poisons because I liked the color, I grew one before. It was bright red and when dried almost black purple. Nice but not blue.

Since we ran out of firewood in February, I have had to heat the basement for the Lizard. Good to not have to now. Kitchen was 81 earlier today, but I think it might have been a couple degrees higher because I was distilling water. It's cheaper to cool than to heat.

:ciao:
WJ

Can't wait to see that tent cleaned out and some veg girls in there. With the hibiscus, could i throw them in jiffy pellets or would it be better to use larger cups and real soil?

It sucks that the BD seed was a bust, and the k.o. kush too for that matter. I'll be flush with seeds soon, so I'll forget all about it pretty quick lol. I remember that red poison you grew, that thing was scary looking! Can't wait to see you grow it again and at least quadruple the yield this time around.

Glad you ain't gotta run the heat anymore, we got there too. Pretty soon I'll be able to start my outdoor plant and garden. We're all gonna be busy as hell this summer

Decided I'll have to clone and seed the wwxbb. She's hasn't stretched an inch yet, but she's bushy as hell and even shorter. She'll be perfect for outdoor grows with height like that. She's only 6 to 8 inches above the medium.

LOL Ya that's what friend are for, had to take my 9 year old pit to the vet today she has a tumor there gonna take out of her. So I ended up with my 2 year old pit at work she's so sad without her buddy. I'll take a pic of her in a bit, she's a designer dog 1/2 pit 1/2 french bulldog. All she really is a pure tank she's 50 lbs of muscle looks a bit silly since she's small like a frenchie. But hoping surgery goes well for my 9 year old best dog I've ever owned.

That's sad, i hate when dogs have to get stuff done. I've always been a huge dog person. Weimaraner is my breed. But i hope things go perfect and they get all of it out. I know how it is to separate dogs, and i know they get separation anxiety.

Yep since they both been puppies, the big one sleeps under the blankets she likes to be warm :cheesygrinsmiley: The little one runs hot like me so she moves a lot looking for cool spots on the bed but ya right between us if I try and cuddle with the ole lady they just look at us like your not in your spot and it screws them all up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom