Pino's Coco & Perlite, Thunderpaws, First Grow Ever 2017

Ok so i guess the best i can do at yhe moment with my crazy busy schedule is photo bomb the growth!! I love this part seems like they bulk up everyday!! Maybe its jus me but everytime i take pics they are better then the last set of pics but i do want to document this grow tye best i can for a Great 420 bud OG that has blessed me wit nothing but greatness and i have learned so much in the process if growing these genetics!! These genetics will always have a special place wit me!! And hey they have been Dank as hell so far!! So lets get on wit the PHOTOBOMB!! Oh we are on day 36 if timer switch! I know some count when they see pistils n some count when the timer gets flipped. I go wit timer switch because i normally veg long enough to see pistils or sex them before i flio. I dont believe a plant is ready until the day it shows sex! Thats jus me m sure there is a lot if different thoughts on this!! Damn let me shuddup n drop these pics of frosty sugar coated flowers!!

420-magazine-mobile1040943797.jpg

420-magazine-mobile167856673.jpg

420-magazine-mobile954264594.jpg

420-magazine-mobile517616175.jpg

420-magazine-mobile622489448.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1865035564.jpg

Other Girl!!

420-magazine-mobile1336671236.jpg

420-magazine-mobile757617556.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1185380030.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2374427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1389405879.jpg

420-magazine-mobile905912204.jpg

420-magazine-mobile506488429.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1256262178.jpg

420-magazine-mobile879771688.jpg

Hope yall enjoy and will b back soon to drop another set of pics!! Thanks to all for checking me out yall know who yall are!!

Wouldnt b where m at without this great community!!

Beautiful plants! Great job as always! They look so nice and green with just a bit of brown tip on the leaves to show you have enough fertilizer :) starting to frost in bulk nicely now. By 70+ days you should have nice thick buds I bet

U said it right. What i have been doing after the second week of bloom i up the bloom nutes jus a lil til i get the leaf tip burn and the pistils roaring!! I could b totally off but i try to read the plants and what they like. Thanks OG n PW for stopping by!!

Thanks ROOSTER yea i really feel like i defoliated at the perfect time and took the perfect amount off! I love this part of the grow!!

Well OG!! I took your advice tied the tallest down and kinked the rest didnt break the skin of any of the legs. Pretty proud of myself cause everytime i have done this technique in the past i always had at least one bad break. But her is after the punishment. Sorry for the blurple!!

BEFORE!!

420-magazine-mobile1305824368.jpg

420-magazine-mobile602020966.jpg

AFTER!!

420-magazine-mobile2138342322.jpg

420-magazine-mobile555589262.jpg

420-magazine-mobile534110845.jpg

Evened everything out!! Thanks OG!! I think this tip will help my final yield. Always here to learn!! Till next time!!

Awesome job did you play with temp a bit to allow more flexibility on stems ? ..

Thanks King glad to have u!! Been slacking been pulling eight hours training then full time job after so its been hard to keep up. But took week vacation to finish my training for my new job so things should get back on track!!

Yeah I hear ya they are def time consuming I'm eithier going dwc next winter or to docs high brix kit or my own homemade soil will see .

These girls take time up for sure I always said there isn't enough hrs in the day man .

Ok so i thought i would document this since i have been reading a lot about backbuilding your buds!! So i was reading and noticed our great grow mentor Pennywise said it was best to do it at five weeks and guess what i had two girls in bloom at exactly five weeks!! So i have two buds on my girl that are like twins so i thought lets backbuild one and nit the other and lets see what happens!! So here we go!!

420-magazine-mobile47089090.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1711905202.jpg

420-magazine-mobile559296393.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1793878235.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1157505913.jpg

Lets see what happens!! Have a dank day!!

Your going to say thank you penny .

I will have some pics this evening lights kick on in bout two hours. I already see a difference in the flowers i back built. Thanks everybody for stopping by!!

Thanks ROOSTER yea i really feel like i defoliated at the perfect time and took the perfect amount off! I love this part of the grow!!

I used to try defol in flower and it always hurt my yields. I always defol in veg. But I've been reading about giving them a blast of micronutrients and beneficial bacteria while you defol and it replaces what's stored in the leaves and then the light focus's on photosynthesis at lower portions and closer to the bud sites. But idk if I dare mess with success when I'm comfortable not defoliating in flower. Idk I might try it at day 21 on one of the beast. See what happens

I normally do it right round day 21 when stretch is over. I have been giving Great White and Photosynthesis Plus. But i almost feel like wuth LEDs u almost have to defoliate at least a lil due to penetration of the lights. But i am also a believer if its not broke dont fix it n ur girls look spot on!!

I do not defoliate at all. used to do it all the time then did a side by side with two clones and found the Defoliated plant had slightly less yield so I don't waste time defoliating anymore if it is just going to yield a little less. Leaves power the plant not buds. Every time you cut off leaves the growth is stalled while it replaces them. Just my opinion. Let's see how your comparison does.

For the backbuikdijg I took off about 1/4" on the tip.

I do not defoliate at all. used to do it all the time then did a side by side with two clones and found the Defoliated plant had slightly less yield so I don't waste time defoliating anymore if it is just going to yield a little less. Leaves power the plant not buds. Every time you cut off leaves the growth is stalled while it replaces them. Just my opinion. Let's see how your comparison does.

For the backbuikdijg I took off about 1/4" on the tip.

Yeah I'm not sold on the defoliation method either. Some people claim to fame with it. I personally have yet to see it help me and my yield skyrocketed when I stopped all together. Then there's the books like "3 a light" that claim pumping the plant full of micronutrients and beneficial bacterias that it won't skip a beat during defoliation. But like pino says. If it's not broke don't fix it

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Yeah I'm not sold on the defoliation method either. Some people claim to fame with it. I personally have yet to see it help me and my yield skyrocketed when I stopped all together. Then there's the books like "3 a light" that claim pumping the plant full of micronutrients and beneficial bacterias that it won't skip a beat during defoliation. But like pino says. If it's not broke don't fix it

I defoliate a few here and there in flower but not even a fraction of the overall leaves and don't really notice much. They were eating at a fantastic rate and doing great lol... Then this grow I got some mites... So every leaf that was overlapping any other plant material was removed during mid flower at once lol which was like 80% of the leaves easy. They are still trucking along by the looks of it... Just not drinking quiet as fast which was expected and I'm hoping they don't hermie on me from the stress but we shall see....

Fingers crossed for ya LED had a hermie on my first run! Still was some good flowers and only ended up wit one seed!! But i did pull her early!!

Re: Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

I defoliate a few here and there in flower but not even a fraction of the overall leaves and don't really notice much. They were eating at a fantastic rate and doing great lol... Then this grow I got some mites... So every leaf that was overlapping any other plant material was removed during mid flower at once lol which was like 80% of the leaves easy. They are still trucking along by the looks of it... Just not drinking quiet as fast which was expected and I'm hoping they don't hermie on me from the stress but we shall see....

Eeeeeek yeah man I did a perpetual grow and harvested weekly and couldn't get rid of the mites. I scaled my numbers down to something more manageable and bombed the room. Then implemented diatemaceous earth and it's been gravy ever since. I suggest you pick some up. It's pretty cheap stuff. Lowes should have it

Back
Top Bottom