PitVipers nutrient recomendations

The question I have about mixing is this I will be using EJ grow,Bloom,Cat,Micro... Also Moon DUst and Hydroplex...

I will premix the EJ stuff according to the instructions in a separate gallon container. SO during the Veg stage I will mix Grow,Micro,Cat according to the suggestions from EJ. and the same for Moon dust in its own container. WHen I add to my pre res res...lol... to get the proper levels of ph ppm and such prior to pumpin into my main res what ratio should I use. Example lets say my RO water is 200 ppm and I want 500 that leaves me with room of 300 ppm... What ratio of earth juice solution to my Moon DUst soultion should I mix together for the veg state assuming the RATIO stays the same through but only increasing the ppm following your schedule.
I.E. ( 100ppm of EJ sol/200 PPM of MD?)

FOr the bloom I will mix The EJ SOlution according to EJ's reccomended spec separate. Hydroplex the same way. and use moon dust... What should be my ratios for this as well using your ppm schedule.

Thank You

please vote my thread as you see fit....for example 5 stars lol
Great thread full of awsome info. I was wondering if you or anyone else has used Advanced Nutrients? & what do you think about advanced nutrients lien? I have been using them for my veg stage and they seem to be kicking ass untill i screwed up. I am a first time grower and i did not know not to feed every watering, until a few days ago. i flushed them an i am hoping for a good recovery. Since i did over feed and it caused some damage to my ladies like nute burn and my leave curling i was wondering if my leaves will uncurl when they get balanced back out?

curled leaves.

IMGA0193.JPG

Great thread full of awsome info. I was wondering if you or anyone else has used Advanced Nutrients? & what do you think about advanced nutrients lien? I have been using them for my veg stage and they seem to be kicking ass untill i screwed up. I am a first time grower and i did not know not to feed every watering, until a few days ago. i flushed them an i am hoping for a good recovery. Since i did over feed and it caused some damage to my ladies like nute burn and my leave curling i was wondering if my leaves will uncurl when they get balanced back out?

curled leaves.

IMGA0193.JPG

ALL the major nute cos are good. I have used some AN bacteria but thats it. I havent done a grow on AN. my personal belief is that may or may not get a minor increase in yield...depending if you do your job right.
I mix my stuff up with different combinations that work for me.
your leaves are gonna be trashed but there will be new growth after flushing and setting the proper nute levels

@PitViper. Cant send Pm's just yet. I noticed that once i raised the ppm's my ph has calmed down alot. I also lowered my air and rez temps with some extra fans and my plants seem much happier. Do you have any experience with Canna Aqua nutes? I am noticing that even though i set my ph at 5.5, it goes up to 6.1 - 6.2, but it holds there for several days. I saw the chart that shows different nutes get taken in at different levels of ph, so should I continue to lower it and let it drift back up or should I just set it there and let it ride?

Pitt,

When you say....

if you are adding bloom enhancers add them in last 2 weeks but reduce you ppm to 1200 1st/ Shooting powder and bud boster takes place of the last 2 weeks of bloom

What types or kind of bloom enhancers would you be referring to?

:morenutes:

Pitt,

I didn't realize you had the answer right there all the time!! I am looking up shooting powder and bud booster now.

Do you have a preference for a bloom enhancer?

I am using GH cool bloom now. The directions recomend using the entire flower period.

Pitt,

I didn't realize you had the answer right there all the time!! I am looking up shooting powder and bud booster now.

Do you have a preference for a bloom enhancer?

I am using GH cool bloom now. The directions recomend using the entire flower period.

all the nute companies use an enhancer...stick with whatever line you choose and use their dosages and schedules. I would encourage anyone new to start out with the base nutes and get your game on point before adding things.

hey vipe, i dont use a ppm meter to measure my nutes, ive always just eyed it, well at first i used exact mesurments, then i got a feel for it.
i grow in promix, does the ppms get higher and higher as the grow goes on till i have like 3000 ppms in there by the end?
or does ppm just pertain to the amount in the water?
cuz i flush , once at 30 days veg. then right before i switch to flower nutes at like 60 days veg.
does the soil need to build ppms in it and am i washing all that away when i flush?
i heard something where the grower says 1st week 600ppms then 2nd 800 , etc... is it only the amount in the water? and am i completely screwing myself by not using ppm meter?
ive had 6 succesful harvests in this same spot with the same equiptment. yeah im doing ok but then again i didnt even know what ph was till my 3rd grow.

hey vipe, i dont use a ppm meter to measure my nutes, ive always just eyed it, well at first i used exact mesurments, then i got a feel for it.
i grow in promix, does the ppms get higher and higher as the grow goes on till i have like 3000 ppms in there by the end?
or does ppm just pertain to the amount in the water?
cuz i flush , once at 30 days veg. then right before i switch to flower nutes at like 60 days veg.
does the soil need to build ppms in it and am i washing all that away when i flush?
i heard something where the grower says 1st week 600ppms then 2nd 800 , etc... is it only the amount in the water? and am i completely screwing myself by not using ppm meter?
ive had 6 succesful harvests in this same spot with the same equiptment. yeah im doing ok but then again i didnt even know what ph was till my 3rd grow.

PPM means parts per million in the water. You measure it before you put it on the soil.

i understand what it means, but you know how ph can be measured in the soil, i was wondering if ppm is something you could check your soil to find out exactly what amount of nutes is in your medium at any time in the plants life. does that make sense?
so at 3 weeks veg super skunk grows best when such and such amount is in the soil.
or another example would be knowing your soil ppms should be around 1400 3 weeks from flower? does it work this way also?
i ask cuz say i feed full strength nutes veg and i used too much perlite in my mix so im watering every 2 days instead of 4 or 5 . is there a certain amount of nutrient the plant should have in the soiless mix?
or is every plant different and want different amounts of nutes on a plant to plant basis?

i understand what it means, but you know how ph can be measured in the soil, i was wondering if ppm is something you could check your soil to find out exactly what amount of nutes is in your medium at any time in the plants life. does that make sense?
so at 3 weeks veg super skunk grows best when such and such amount is in the soil.
or another example would be knowing your soil ppms should be around 1400 3 weeks from flower? does it work this way also?
i ask cuz say i feed full strength nutes veg and i used too much perlite in my mix so im watering every 2 days instead of 4 or 5 . is there a certain amount of nutrient the plant should have in the soiless mix?
or is every plant different and want different amounts of nutes on a plant to plant basis?

Great question. I've only grown hydro, so I'd be interested in the answer myself. Thinking about growing a single plant in dirt next time.

I don't think PIT would mind me jumping in on this one.

OK so for the question concerning amount of ppm's in soil. The only way to truly find out is to send out a soil sample. What they do is litterally break your soil down to where its anylyzed for chemical compunds. At this point process of elimination starts.

Measurements of the nutrients calcium, magnesium and potassium are given. However, these numbers are not as important to the actual availability as are the numbers for phosphorus. The complicating issue has to do with the varying capacity of soils to hold and release calcium, magnesium and potassium. This holding capacity is called the cation exchange capacity or CEC.

Potassium, magnesium, calcium and hydrogen are cations (positively charged ions). Since opposites attract, these are held in the soil at negatively charged areas within the soil particles and on particles of organic matter. Thats if your using organic additives rather then chemical. The more negatively charged sites in the soil (the higher the CEC), the more cations the soil can hold. A soil with a high CEC (15) has the potential to be very fertile, i.e., to have a great reservoir of nutrient cations. A soil with a low CEC (<7) cannot hold a large reservoir.

The potential for high fertility measured as CEC is based upon soil texture, pH and organic matter content. Clay soils and soils with high organic matter content tend to have high CEC and potentially can hold high levels of cation nutrients. Sandy soils have low CEC and tend to lose cation nutrients to leaching. CEC also increases as the pH of a soil increases. A soil with a high CEC may still have low cation nutrient fertility

As for flushing: if you use water that is equal to 3x the amount of soil that in your container, you WILL flush the nutrients out. This is your goal when you are flushing. Flushing rids the soil of salts that have built up over time from feeding your plant non-organic nutrients.

I hope this gives you the incite you were searching for. :goodluck:

I have a local gro bro that recomends during the last week to just use flowering nutes alone and to use a very low PPM mixture. This is supposed to increase the resin production in the plant during the last few days and also increase the bud size. Have you heard about this?

I have 3 plants in separate buckets. Last night before they went to bed I took the plant that is maturing faster and replaced the solution with just Bot Sweet and Flora Bloom because I am harvesting that plant this Saturday. I figured I would give it a try.

Have you heard about this? I am very curious because I am in the last week or two before my harvest and I was planning on doing the same with the other plants if this works.

I also wanted to thank you again for your help and advise on the Ebb and Gro!!! My CAP controller arrives today!! Looking forward to not have to get into Yoga possitions every morning doing my multiple res changes!:lot-o-toke:

My grow method is High Pressure Aeroponics (HPA) which has NOTHING in common with low pressure.

This being my third HPA grow, I switched to Dutch Master for a variety of reasons. Not to be overlooked is their on site Nutrient Calculator. You simply plug in a few bits of information and the chart gives you the amounts of each product you need. The chart is being updated. I believe it works for soil/mix too.

Great thread Pit:bravo:

I feel I just learned a lot reading through this. I'm also happy to see all the GH users out there. FloraNova was my first nute thanks to the guy at my hydro shop. He told me to keep it simple for now until I learn more...always great advice.

Unfortunately I can't afford a ppm meter right now due to lack of work, and everything else that we all have to deal with on a daily basis. I know I really need one and will buy one soon enough.

I'm in flower right now (day 41) growing in Waterfarm (DWC).
Feeding amounts:
Nova Bloom 25ml
Floralicious Plus 2.5ml
FloraBlend 20ml
Koolbloom 20ml
Bud Candy 15ml
All per gallon, per the General Hydro's 'Keep it simple' plan for recirculating systems. Keeping ph at 5.8-5.9

I guess my question is about the Nova Bloom and Floralicious plus, I noticed you said 30ml per gallon of each. I'm WAY off on the licious plus then aren't I?

It is also interesting to see you feeding both Floralicious Plus, and the licious grow and bloom. Am I wasting my money on the Florablend tea? It's not the priciest of the bunch though.

Thanks again Pit!

Back
Top Bottom