Pj's Perpetual: Take Two

Awesome thanks! :high-five:Currently I rock COB's from Timber grow lights and I absolutely love them. Not bad on price but im sure I could save building my own. Would a mixture of QB's, COB's, or strips be possible? Or even beneficial?

I'll be purchasing/building another light to flower out most likely a 3x3 tent...so nothing to big. Trying to get away from lots of training too, so wont always have a super even canopy. Maybe COB's are the better choice?

I think Cobs are obsolete, they generate to much heat in one place. The mid power diodes are the future in grow lights, but lots of them as many you can fit on a frame.

But sure you can mix and match cobs and strips how you want, it's the drivers that set the limit on how many and which you can combine. You can build modules which can be set at different heights if you want that. I always keep mine as far up as possible the light is still intense at the bottom of the tent.

If I were u I would buy Samsungs H inFlux strips. It's the best out on the market right now. They even got some official horticulture grow light strips out I think.

They come in many different lengths, single or double rowed so I don't think there will be any problems for ya to make the light you imagine with them.

@CraZysWeeD i will not deny that I’ve been creeping on those mars lights.... for the price they look like a good setup... I’d really just like one fancy rig to cover the entire 4x4.... I’ll keep dreaming of winnin the lotto lol thanks for stopping by man!

Shed and Preston seems to be very happy with them and they sure look like they perform as well. The best thing with them is you get both bloom and veg spectrum in the same light off the shelf. Seems to have even those deep/far red diodes for flower promotion.

Who doesn't want to win the lotto? I'm glad if I even get my insurance reassessed, they only gave me 3% disability with my neck injury most of the time I can't even work 50% so it feels like they think I have a broken nail or something.... I hope to get this apealed before the summer.

I will help u too with a light if u decide to build one yourself Pj.

Btw your plants look awesome. That lavender is it indica or sativa dominant? Nice glue you pressed out, is that for dabbing?

That lavender is it indica or sativa dominant? Nice glue you pressed out, is that for dabbing?

Ya when I find some money I’ll definitely start figuring out my lighting situation ... needs improvement ASAP! Lol I appreciate the help when/if I need it my friend! Your knowledge is much appreciated!

Sucks about your insurance man! I hope they do right by you! ... those folks are... a long list of profanities.... I hate insurance companies and avoid them like the plague... definitely have to play hard ball to get what you deserve!

I actually reached out to Duke through my Instagram account and got a response from the man himself... when I got the seeds they were labelled as “Purple Urkle x P75” which was incorrect (someone mislabeled a clone or something) they are lavender x p75....

lavender is an Indica hybrid consisting of :
super skunk x big skunk Korean x afghani Hawaiian

P75 Male is a little tougher to explain... I do not know if you are familiar with the Cinderella 99 cubing process that sly/MrSoul.... you can find it on the brothers Grimm website if you wished to read up on it.... P75 was the second stage of the process, so it’s essentially (from my understanding of genetics) 3/4 Jack Herer and 1/4 Shiva Skunk (they used this to reduce flowering times in the initial run)

This pheno I’ve been running is definitely more Indica. I have to veg the plants large and then strip everything below the top 8” or so because it just does not stretch whatsoever! The plant you put in, is the plant you get out but with buds lol

And yes the yellow goo is for dabs.... feel like a bit of a crack head doing dabs.... using a torch and heating the bowl up.... but man o man does it taste delicious and get you fucked up haha... I just like putting a little glob on top of my bowl of flower!

Thanks for stopping by buddy!

:passitleft:

Hey PJ what type of press is that I’ve been eyeing a lot of personal presses lately

Because we are north of the border, it actually worked out to be cheaper for us to purchase a press from princess auto and then the dab press plates off of amazon. Dp-rp35 is the plates he grabbed and a 10tonne press. Here is a pic of the setup for ya, works great! I think total he spent around the 600-700 range... but I can confirm that if you want to know for sure lol
0CD4ACFF-49E1-41B8-AFE1-44F16E7AA022.jpeg

Coming along nicely here @Pjs420

Nowadays I guess a pothead needs a fully stocked shop to smoke? Heavy duty looking piece of machinery.......

Coming along nicely here @Pjs420

Nowadays I guess a pothead needs a fully stocked shop to smoke? Heavy duty looking piece of machinery.......

Thanks Norcaliwood! Slowly but surely I’m getting there! Haha

And yes it is a pretty ridiculous piece of machinery, but all the cool kids are “dabbing” these days... the high is nice but need so much extra gear.... torches, dab sticks, silicone pads o_O..... I’m still a bong/joint kind of guy.

Because we are north of the border, it actually worked out to be cheaper for us to purchase a press from princess auto and then the dab press plates off of amazon. Dp-rp35 is the plates he grabbed and a 10tonne press. Here is a pic of the setup for ya, works great! I think total he spent around the 600-700 range... but I can confirm that if you want to know for sure lol

Thank you. I think I’m going to get the dabpress all in one because I like how small it is. But I was thinking about setting one up myself but from what I’ve seen they are pretty big.

Thank you. I think I’m going to get the dabpress all in one because I like how small it is. But I was thinking about setting one up myself but from what I’ve seen they are pretty big.

Ya that thing stands about 2’ wide and probably close to 4’ tall with the pressure gauge.... was gonna get the dabpress... but for half the price he figured he had the space in his basement for it lol

Curious to know final cost for set up ?

Curious to know final cost for set up ?

Dp-rp35 from Amazon was 299Cad+shipping he got it within 2 days

I believe he got the press on sale... but they retail for 350cad+tax.... however if you check kijiji you might be able to find one even cheaper

I’ll ask him exact $ amount for you when I see him this weekend :thumb:

Ya that thing stands about 2’ wide and probably close to 4’ tall with the pressure gauge.... was gonna get the dabpress... but for half the price he figured he had the space in his basement for it lol
Ya you guys get taxed so much to get stuff over there the dabpress all in one is like $450 here.

They might have a smaller one I just know that one presses up to 10 grams of flower.
Thanks man just happy to learn and see what is out there . :passitleft:

Ya you guys get taxed so much to get stuff over there the dabpress all in one is like $450 here.

Between the tax and the exchange rate it is friggin brutal... I miss when our dollars were on par lol

Cool man just curious is that the smallest size and how much can you press @ a time ?

No I think you can get smaller ones... 6ton I think... check the princess auto website or Canadian tire has hydraulic presses too.... you can also get smaller plates.... on that setup we pressed 2 quarters of some other stuff he had and I’d guess we got about 2.5-3g worth of nice dark rosin... he’s been studying YouTube and had his timer out and everything lol

Between the tax and the exchange rate it is friggin brutal... I miss when our dollars were on par lol

No I think you can get smaller ones... 6ton I think... check the princess auto website or Canadian tire has hydraulic presses too.... you can also get smaller plates.... on that setup we pressed 2 quarters of some other stuff he had and I’d guess we got about 2.5-3g worth of nice dark rosin... he’s been studying YouTube and had his timer out and everything lol
Yeah crap tire everything goes on same sooner or later right lol

Do you guys grind your buds before putting in the bags and freezer them too ?

Thanks for stopping by buddy!

Always man! I'm sure to help you if I can with your lights as well! :)

That Lavender seems like a complex plant to grow... Maybe something for my self. :)

Never tried dab, the closest I get to a crack pipe is when I pac my Dynavap. :blunt:

Here is a pic of the setup for ya, works great!

Now that looks solid! :)

Thanks @CraZysWeeD !! Are those Samsung H strips available in a pre built light yet!?

I don't know if Qbs / Chilleds have been updated with the new chip series yet but all their lights are based on inFlux series. :)

Do you guys grind your buds before putting in the bags and freezer them too ?

He destemmed the buds as best he could before stuffing the bag, but he did not grind it... not sure how he’s going to do the trim I’m bringing him this weekend though

Always man! I'm sure to help you if I can with your lights as well! :)

That Lavender seems like a complex plant to grow... Maybe something for my self. :)

Never tried dab, the closest I get to a crack pipe is when I pac my Dynavap. :blunt:

Looking at some QBs so I’ll need a walk through lesson in wiring when the time comes lol!

The lavender is definitely interesting... she can be super vigorous in veg.... but doesn’t stretch at all... maybe 2-3” maximum in flower... so gotta get a nice bush going before flip! If you’re interested I’ve got 11 seeds left I think, happy to send ya some! With some maple syrup... cause it’s delicious lol

For me, dabs are a rainy/snowy weekend type of thing... or maybe at the cottage on the deck and you’ve got no plans and nowhere to be lol I can function on them... but it takes a lot more effort on my part to find the motivation than with regular flower lol

Back
Top Bottom