P91 x Jack the Ripper, Tester - Irie Genetics - Fall 2023

Back with another grow journal.

This time I am testing 4 each of P91 crossed with Jack the Ripper (P91 x JTR) for Rasta Jeff of Irie Genetics.

These are regular seeds, but I have Sex Tests at the ready from Rimrock Analytics.

Lately, I seemed to have settled on Irie and Brothers Grimm for my go-to breeders.

I didn't do my Grow Diary here, but I'm currently finishing up a garden with:

• Arise x Golden Goat - Tester from Irie Genetics
  • Puck Yes - Brothers Grimm
  • Mota Hari - Brothers Grimm
  • Cinderella Purple - Brothers Grimm
  • Spartan Sour Diesel - by Welcome to the Grow Tent (WTTGT)
I'll share a few of the ending photos here, but mostly I will focus on the P91 x JTR.

I'm also growing Cinderella 99 and Genius Juice from Brothers Grim, but I will start separate journals for them.

P91 x JTR - Day 5.JPG

As far as nutrients go ... I make my own.

This previous grow was my first time going from seed to harvest using my own nutrients. I think it went well.

After a lot of research and comparison, I settled on the following "elemental" ppm's for each nutrient as follows:

1694126805177.png

I made no specific elemental changes for Veg or Flower. However, I did lower my recipe from 2.2 E.C. to about 1.6 E.C. towards the end of flower. I tend to use bottom-watering in SIP Buckets or AutoPots. So, there is nutrient accumulation in the lower part of the pot anyway.

My guess is that I could probably switch to water pretty early and there would be plenty to eat until the end.

Another guess is that this nutrient build-up could serve as a battery if the plant wants more P or K in the flower section. But, I don't manually beef anything up and I don't lower nitrogen specifically.

Note: The "estimated" E.C. is 1.799 (+/- 10%) if I follow to a "t". However, as I said above, I dilute to about 2.2 E.C. and taper down to 1.6 or so.

Because I grow in coco, I do add 1 - 2 ml / gallon of cal/mag. I do this as a precaution and because of coco paranoia. : )

I don't flush for flavor or any of that.

I just run them until the trichomes are mostly cloudy with a hint of amber.

I do use some supplements, but that list is dwindling as I use them up.

I mix up my nutrients 1 concentrated liter at a time and they are concentrated 200:1.

This works out to 5 ml / liter. I round it to 19 ml / gallon.

The following are my ingredient lists and quantities for Part A & Part B.

1694127196540.png

Day 18 - Check In

Very happy so far. Leaves are finally turning a nice green, not as splotchy.

• I've moved them up to 2.0 EC. They needed it.
  • They get fed everyday since I am in coco.
  • I top & bottom feed now. Then I tilt the pots and drain off the excess.
  • I let them set as is for a few hours, then I set each one on a stack of paper towels.
  • By doing this it draws out the old moisture and nutrients.
  • Then I repeat the next day.

• They are getting about 400 ppfd for 24 hours.
  • Once I move them into their tent and put in 6 gallon pots, I'll switch to 18/6.
  • My guess is a 6-week veg.

I'm likely to throw in my two Brothers Grimm Seedlings into this Grow Diary. I didn't intend to, but I already post enough. : )

IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1542.jpeg
IMG_1543.jpeg
IMG_1544.jpeg
IMG_1545.jpeg
IMG_1546.jpeg
IMG_1548.jpeg
IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

Day 19 - Fast Growing Phase

Everyone is happy and healthy. I love this phase where dramatic changes can happen by the day.

Day 19 Observation:

• I've posted that I have 2 of 4 that are grower much faster (#2 & #4).
  • However, I noticed today that the fast growers have purpling on the branches (not the stem).
  • The shorty plants are a normal looking green.
  • I don't think it is a nutrient thing, because they are fed well.
  • What will be interesting is when the sex tests come back if the taller plants are the males.
    Day 19 - Irie Collage.png

Day 24 - Leaf Issues
  • Burnt Tips (feed too hot - lowered to 1.5 EC)
  • Leaf Curling (skipped watering)

Note: I grow in coco, so I water and feed every day.

To protect the roots, I then place an abundance of paper towels under the pots to draw excess water from the coco. So, they are never sitting in soaking wet soil (for long).

Soon, they will get transferred to their AutoPots to feed from the bottom. It will take a couple of weeks of hand watering to let the moisture and feed permeate the pot and for the roots to stretch out to the nutrients.

_MG_3930_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_3932_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_3933_openWith.jpeg
_MG_3934_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_3936_Nik_openWith.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom