Places to shop

anduin1

Curious to find out what places some of you guys shop at to get various stuff related to growing in Canada? Amazon is like a minefield of bad deals in Canada these days so I'm curious where the best deals are found. Most nudes have doubled in price over the last 6 months which is bs if it's just about currency exchange.

Hydroshop often has the best deals. In BC- progressive growth is alright though I think the guys in the shipping dept smoke a little too much judging by the epic mix ups I've had with orders- like paying for a Lumatek bulb and getting a $400 Lumatek ballast instead, as one example among many. Also in BC, Jon's plant factory is good.
You could check with Pigeons420 he probably does a fair amount of mail orders as well.

Curious to find out what places some of you guys shop at to get various stuff related to growing in Canada? Amazon is like a minefield of bad deals in Canada these days so I'm curious where the best deals are found. Most nutes have doubled in price over the last 6 months which is bs if it's just about currency exchange.

Nutes not nudes lol

I'm in BC, and got my nutes and titan timer at progressive growth, they have a good selection of stuff, but some of it was a bit expensive for my first setup.

My HID rig came from Ebay.ca; took a few days to track down and compare a decent looking one within Canada with a buy now button; but all in i got ballast, cool tube, MH and HPS bulb, with hangers for $250 shipped.

I got my tent from Mars cause they're a sponsor and they have stock in Canada, $200 shipped for a ~4x4x6.5

The rest of my stuff i got at local garden stores (pots, soil), Canadian tire (perlite, soil probe), HomeDepot/Hardware (exhaust fan, ducting, power bars, mylar, etc) and the dollar store is where i got my first 2Gal pots, just like office/bathroom style trash cans.

personally I like dealing at the brick n mortar.

find one ya like and get to know em.

deals can be had for a regular customer.

exchange is a bitch, but I don't like the thought of equiptment getting inspected at customs. call me a nervous nelly if ya like. lol

For those of you who have grown soil, where do you usually get perlite? Ive been to canadian tire and they stock some miracle grow perlite but I don't really trust MG products. The nurseries around here aren't open for business yet either.

i had the same problem and had to just buy it in the end; i'll hopefully get pumice when the shops are stocked again.

Have been dealing with Good Guys Gardening in BC lately and they seem great.
I'm not sure what's going on with Hydroshop. Their website went down, supposedly for repairs or something, and since they aren't answering emails either it seems like they've gone out of business.

Recently started looking for another tent setup and found some reasonable prices at grow lights canada, cheap tents, fans etc, and they stock Mars for their only LED lights. Of course the site itself is not a 420 sponsor, and i cant speak to any of the other brands, but its tough for us northerners to find good stuff so i figured id drop it in here

Recently started looking for another tent setup and found some reasonable prices at grow lights canada, cheap tents, fans etc, and they stock Mars for their only LED lights. Of course the site itself is not a 420 sponsor, and i cant speak to any of the other brands, but its tough for us northerners to find good stuff so i figured id drop it in here

6 of 1 half a dozen of the other.

agreed that it is hard for us canucks sometimes. I think you have it a wee bit easier in the far west.

grow lights has pretty quick service. but 2/2 1k ballasts I bought for a friend fried inside of 6 months. they do have good prices tho, and are easy to deal with in my opinion.

so yeah, a mixed review.

Back
Top Bottom