Plant stunned for more than a month

datfatboi

may 21, i had to revert one of my girls to veg because she started flowering too early (i started her inside with 15h of light but i guess it wasn't enough)

she has now reverted to veg and has been outdoors for around 4 weeks, however, she hasn't had any significant growth since. i tried flushing too. what gives?

she is getting nutrients at the right ph so that's not the issue.

my other fems besides her are growing well and don't have any yellow leaves so weather and nutrients aren't the issue.

2021-05-28 19_23_58-photo_2021-05-28_19-23-53.jpg - JPEGView.png

Growth always happens underground first, one can’t grow a bigger bush until the roots expand to support a bigger bush. Roots can’t breathe - watering too frequently by not letting soil dry out between watering sessions is what I’m thinking.

Tell us about your watering game, how much? how often? what nutes? how many days ago was your last water session?

Thanks for that Obi Wan...!!

may 21, i had to revert one of my girls to veg because she started flowering too early (i started her inside with 15h of light but i guess it wasn't enough)

she has now reverted to veg and has been outdoors for around 4 weeks, however, she hasn't had any significant growth since. i tried flushing too. what gives?

she is getting nutrients at the right ph so that's not the issue.

my other fems besides her are growing well and don't have any yellow leaves so weather and nutrients aren't the issue.

2021-05-28 19_23_58-photo_2021-05-28_19-23-53.jpg - JPEGView.png
Hello @datfatboi hope you are well my friend.
You seem to have her in a plastic pot.
I'm assuming there are drain holes in there.
As 013 mentioned you may be overwatering.
Is she in soil? Coco? Bx?
If soil you need to let her have a dry cycle in-between watering.
Water-feed-water-feed and let dry in-between. At 6.4 ph if soil?
A few more details as mentioned would help.
Bill

Leaves are always drooping like this?

When you water, water flows intantly to the bottom?

To me they look hungry also.
at night

no

also no, they're getting the same water all of the other plants are getting and none of them have deficiencies, the yellowing was likely caused by the stress/flush/re-veg if i had to guess

Growth always happens underground first, one can’t grow a bigger bush until the roots expand to support a bigger bush. Roots can’t breathe - watering too frequently by not letting soil dry out between watering sessions is what I’m thinking.

Tell us about your watering game, how much? how often? what nutes? how many days ago was your last water session?

Thanks for that Obi Wan...!!
i water only when my soil is almost completely dry.

and when it is, i water 'till saturation

how often depends on weather

MC

today, she was bone dry.

Hello @datfatboi hope you are well my friend.
You seem to have her in a plastic pot.
I'm assuming there are drain holes in there.
As 013 mentioned you may be overwatering.
Is she in soil? Coco? Bx?
If soil you need to let her have a dry cycle in-between watering.
Water-feed-water-feed and let dry in-between. At 6.4 ph if soil?
A few more details as mentioned would help.
Bill
terra canna professional mix

i water between 5.8 and 6.4 as recommended by canna

i've ran fabric pots and plastic pots side by side and i haven't noticed any difference in growth, i still use fabric pots but sometimes plastic is more convinient.

i did also cause lots of stress, i did lots of topping and hard LST (i've stopped topping when i started bringing her back to veg)

i've ran fabric pots and plastic pots side by side and i haven't noticed any difference in growth, i still use fabric pots but sometimes plastic is more convinient.

i did also cause lots of stress, i did lots of topping and hard LST (i've stopped topping when i started bringing her back to veg)
Do you have any hydrguard? Or a root health product.
I use roots excelurator gold. I never get droopy sickly looking girls
I use it on everyone once a week. Just a thought. B1 or kelp is good also.
If you have been treating all girls the same and its the only problem child either root issue or possible pests IMO. Have you checked for pests.
Just a thought. See if other opinions vary.
Bill

If you have been treating all girls the same and its the only problem child either root issue or possible pests IMO. Have you checked for pests.
One more question. Soil in that pot did it come from the same bag as the others.
Or was it different soil/bag?
Bill

One more question. Soil in that pot did it come from the same bag as the others.
Or was it different soil/bag?
Bill
same bag of soil

about the droopy leaves, are you indoors? you might not notice, but leaves outdoors always get droopy in the evening and raise back up in the morning

i do use a root stimulator

they take a while to turn around. i don't see any smooth or single blade leaves. not sure how deep that reveg is.
stuff i've turned around has fed a bit higher as well. i'm kinda wondering if it would like a bit bigger pot too.

if there any way i can tell for sure if she is gonna start growing normally again? i just don't wanna have to start another one if this one kicks-back, but if she does i will have an extra plant that i'll have to throw away :(

A reveg will totally stall a plant out, there is nothing you can do to speed the process along. Its a 4 to 7 week ordeal. The first sign will be that at some magic point in time she will begin to pop out single bladed leaves up top. After more time elapses it will start to push 3 bladed fan leaves out, then after even more time passes it will begin to grow out 5 bladed fan leaves..... after all that happens then she will resume growing normally.

reveg is long slow process, has she popped out any single bladed leaves up top yet? Can we see current pic?

Well IMO I will always recommend pretty much exactly the opposite of what most here recommend.
To me, if you feel you have to let your soil dry out bone dry between waterings then you're using the wrong medium for cannabis.
You're just making it way more difficult than it needs to be.
And most likely will not be as productive as you could be.

Depending on how you want to grow, as in synthetic bottled nutrients or in Living Organic Soil letting the soil feed the plants and if you can manage larger like 20 gallon fabric pots or if you can't go over 5 gallon fabric pots for whatever reason.

If you would rather do bottled synthetic nutrients then the best choice is 5 gallon fabric pots with coco with some pumice and biochar and "water every single day" with about 1/4 strength nutrients keeping the coco and the roots moist.
If you want to try what IMO is the best method by far and once you get it started also the easiest method and produces the tastiest bud, then LOS in large fabric pots is the way to go.
And again in a proper LOS with a good soil tilth, a cover crop, worms, bugs etc. You "water every single day" never ever allow the soil not even the top 1/4" to dry out, you have a thick mulch layer to keep it moist. Hell i am watering just my bare ass soil no cannabis and currently no cover crop every other day just to keep the soil food web alive.
Dry soil is dead soil, and if roots especially the tender feeder roots at the top of the soil are allowed to dry out too far you're killing off root hairs and root tips.
It literally makes me cringe when I see "let your soil dry out bone dry" between waterings.
If you can only water like once a week then you are hamstringing your grow and making it way harder than it needs to be and more than likely are going to bounce back and forth from one problem to another problem and just end up getting frustrated.

So I would suggest picking which method you want to go with, synthetic or organic and then go with that.
Coco in small pots, LOS in large pots.
If you go with coco you have to get a good nutrient line designed for use with coco, pH to 5.8ish, mix it weak like 1/4 strength and water everyday, in late flower may have to water 2 or more times a day or even use a drip system to keep up with how much water the plant should be transpiring.
In LOS you need a flat minimum of 15 gallon fabric pots to do it properly, 30 gallon is ideal.
Then water every day about 5% of the volume of the pot, so 20 gal you water about a 1 gal per day on average, first couple weeks could do a little less and in flower could do a little more than a gal a couple times a week but overall approx 5% of soil volume per day, never water to run off.
Its also a good idea to oxygenate your water.

Get either of these methods mastered and you will have far fewer problems with healthier plants and bigger yields.

Small plastic pots and poor draining soil with this insidious wet dry thing going from too wet to too dry is just not what I would recommend to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom