Please help in identifying what is the issue with my plant

chronicboom

420 Member
hey everybody, hows it going ? i appreciatte you taking the time to read my post and possibly me out...
I have a plant who was just transplanted about a week ago , and if looked good for a few days but now all of a sudden the leaves are curling upwards and im having a hard time of figuring out a solution. I know It could be cold stress or light stress, but my temps are ideal at 73 degrees and 50% humidity average and i lowered my lights dimmer to 30% even though the recommend around 50 to 60 %...Please help

Thanks

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

What are you growing in? Looks kinda dry. When you transplanted it was it to the same type of soil. It really doesn’t look bad, it might be a little transplant shock, it might be adjusting to new soil/nutes. At this point I’d just watch it, and see if it continues or resolves itself.

What are you growing in? Looks kinda dry. When you transplanted it was it to the same type of soil. It really doesn’t look bad, it might be a little transplant shock, it might be adjusting to new soil/nutes. At this point I’d just watch it, and see if it continues or resolved itself.
hey, im using foxfarms happy frog soil with some added perlite. I just watered them yesterday but i will be watering them again in a few hours because they just woke up and they do feel a litte dry but still moist. I will continue to watch and hopefully by next weekend they will be okay.

hi chronicboom I've had same issues in the garden before similar, but by the sounds of it your temps during the day are a little low. Are you getting at least a 10 degree drop from day to night? Root rot is also a factor like Emilya mentioned if you are over watering. Also starting to look a little hungry judging by the light color in green in the new growth of foliage! @GeoFlora Nutrients work great when transplanting into some soil with little to no nutrients in it for mature plants. If the gals are left without nutrients for too much longer you will start to run into more issues. Hope you get em back on track my friend stay green!:yummy:

my veg plants look like that for a couple weeks until I realized my stupidity, in the mass confusion of wires as I have two tents side by side, I realized I had the heat plugged into the timer for the lights lol. Don’t be stupid like me and check your night temps;)

hey everybody, hows it going ? i appreciatte you taking the time to read my post and possibly me out...
I have a plant who was just transplanted about a week ago , and if looked good for a few days but now all of a sudden the leaves are curling upwards and im having a hard time of figuring out a solution. I know It could be cold stress or light stress, but my temps are ideal at 73 degrees and 50% humidity average and i lowered my lights dimmer to 30% even though the recommend around 50 to 60 %...Please help

Thanks

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

Hi!

Thinking ur humiditys (50%) bit low for temp n stage?!?

early veg looking for around 65%
seedlings 70%
depending on temps...

hey, im using foxfarms happy frog soil with some added perlite. I just watered them yesterday but i will be watering them again in a few hours because they just woke up and they do feel a litte dry but still moist. I will continue to watch and hopefully by next weekend they will be okay.
It seems you have conflicting ideas…. watered yesterday but watering again in few hours because they just woke up and do feel a little dry but still moist???

Plants that size do not need water every day or every other day…. or according to an arbitrary schedule decided on by a human… for most soil types (excluding coco coir & LOS) plants need water added when they have used up all of the moisture in their container. Yep gravity works so that when top few inches of soil is dry - the bottom is still quite wet and thats where the main roots live.

Roots cannot breathe in a continuously wet or damp soil… it’s essential for the soil to dry out all the way to the bottom of the container. Roots that are pampered never learn how to search for water….

Whether you use a turkey baster or a 10 gallon hat for your watering sessions, the issue is…. how may days do you let the soil dry out before applying more water??

you have nutes mentioned above but weed plants have strong nutrient demands beyond the big 3 NPK- have you checked labels for calcium & magnesium??

While she is capable of defending herself…. I’m confident Emilya is a lady & not a bro.

Some of this may sound harsh my friend but it’s never my intentions - merely a quick tune up to get you on track!!! Best of luck & keep us posted!!!

u think so bro! im not sure about that because im feeding them with a turkey baster atm but i will try and water less to see if it helps.
Bro-ette please. I will answer to Dude too... but only my best friends call me that. I am not saying to water less.... and if you are not watering to runoff with that turkey baster and trying to guess how much water the plants need, you are doing that all wrong too. Water to runoff every time, and then sit on your hands and do nothing until the plant can use all of that water, all the way down to the bottom of the container.

In the photographs the plants are displaying a magnesium deficiency as displayed by the upward curled leaf edges. The FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil is meant to be used in conjunction with a commercial fertilizer program and does not contain enough nutrients to properly supply cannabis plants requirements.

Happy Frog Potting Soil

I would purchase pot saucers large enough to contain the grow bags to catch runoff liquid when the plants are watered.

As previously mentioned the daytime temperature is lower than ideal for plant growth. 78.8°F − 32 × 5/9 = 26°C would allow for faster growth. I would raise the humidity in vegetative growth to 65% to lower transpiration from the plant leaves.

Regular Epsom Salts are Magnesium Sulfate and can be used as a source of magnesium supplement. You can foliar feed Epsom Salts at 2.5-5 millilitres per gallon. Epsom Salts can be used at 1-2 teaspoons per gallon as a magnesium and sulfate supplement to treat a deficiency. Some people have reported nutrient burns when using a higher dosage of Epsom Salts with a nutrient mixture.
MgSO4
https://en.wikipedia.org Magnesium sulfate

Bro-ette please. I will answer to Dude too... but only my best friends call me that. I am not saying to water less.... and if you are not watering to runoff with that turkey baster and trying to guess how much water the plants need, you are doing that all wrong too. Water to runoff every time, and then sit on your hands and do nothing until the plant can use all of that water, all the way down to the bottom of the container.
Em if im remembered correctly from our introduction! But what about us skater thinking punks that use dude and bro just about every which way.. shoot Ive called the RO system bro before many times when getting it riged just right to fit my needs :laughtwo:! Don't shoot the messenger!! :snowboating:

Medium too dry... looks like to me. Dont really matter how often he waters is about how much water.

That soil looks really really dry and thats what the leaves are telling me in the pics.

Likely the soil was way too dry at transplant then the capillary of the dry soil sucking the moisture from the existing root ball and now killing the plant.

The soil should be universally MOIST. If you stick your finger in the soil at the edge of the pot you should feel some moisture. With a cloth pot its going to be difficult to over water. When I grow in cloth bags I'm always dealing with dry soil issues not wet conditions and thats growing outdoors even when it rains a lot.

Also your soil mix could be an issue....there's always that.

It seems you have conflicting ideas…. watered yesterday but watering again in few hours because they just woke up and do feel a little dry but still moist???

Plants that size do not need water every day or every other day…. or according to an arbitrary schedule decided on by a human… for most soil types (excluding coco coir & LOS) plants need water added when they have used up all of the moisture in their container. Yep gravity works so that when top few inches of soil is dry - the bottom is still quite wet and thats where the main roots live.

Roots cannot breathe in a continuously wet or damp soil… it’s essential for the soil to dry out all the way to the bottom of the container. Roots that are pampered never learn how to search for water….

Whether you use a turkey baster or a 10 gallon hat for your watering sessions, the issue is…. how may days do you let the soil dry out before applying more water??

you have nutes mentioned above but weed plants have strong nutrient demands beyond the big 3 NPK- have you checked labels for calcium & magnesium??

While she is capable of defending herself…. I’m confident Emilya is a lady & not a bro.

Some of this may sound harsh my friend but it’s never my intentions - merely a quick tune up to get you on track!!! Best of luck & keep us posted
i agree that they dont need water everyday but sometimes they do. the first top inch of the soil was dry but i felt some moisture under that. SHould i wait another day or a few hours? I have been backtraking and have figured out that i might have a nutrient toxicity and not over or underwatering my plants. I amended the soil with 4-4-4 and some bat guano 9-3-1 along with reusing my soil from my last run and i also added terpinator to the water im giving them so im guessing this is burning them atm so i might move towards flushing them ..
thanks for ur advise man but u dont have to be so sarcastic

Medium too dry... looks like to me. Dont really matter how often he waters is about how much water.

That soil looks really really dry and thats what the leaves are telling me in the pics.

Likely the soil was way too dry at transplant then the capillary of the dry soil sucking the moisture from the existing root ball and now killing the plant.

The soil should be universally MOIST. If you stick your finger in the soil at the edge of the pot you should feel some moisture. With a cloth pot its going to be difficult to over water. When I grow in cloth bags I'm always dealing with dry soil issues not wet conditions and thats growing outdoors even when it rains a lot.

Also your soil mix could be an issue....there's always that

i havent watered until runoff like some suggest because these ladies are still quite small so i just water around in and around the plant but not the entire pot. any suggestion for me bro?

Em if im remembered correctly from our introduction! But what about us skater thinking punks that use dude and bro just about every which way.. shoot Ive called the RO system bro before many times when getting it riged just right to fit my needs :laughtwo:! Don't shoot the messengeived called my girlfreind bro many times
i have done the same thing many times too bro

Back
Top Bottom