Please help in identifying what is the issue with my plant

In the photographs the plants are displaying a magnesium deficiency as displayed by the upward curled leaf edges. The FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil is meant to be used in conjunction with a commercial fertilizer program and does not contain enough nutrients to properly supply cannabis plants requirements.

Happy Frog Potting Soil

I would purchase pot saucers large enough to contain the grow bags to catch runoff liquid when the plants are watered.

As previously mentioned the daytime temperature is lower than ideal for plant growth. 78.8°F − 32 × 5/9 = 26°C would allow for faster growth. I would raise the humidity in vegetative growth to 65% to lower transpiration from the plant leaves.

Regular Epsom Salts are Magnesium Sulfate and can be used as a source of magnesium supplement. You can foliar feed Epsom Salts at 2.5-5 millilitres per gallon. Epsom Salts can be used at 1-2 teaspoons per gallon as a magnesium and sulfate supplement to treat a deficiency. Some people have reported nutrient burns when using a higher dosage of Epsom Salts with a nutrient mixture.
MgSO4
https://en.wikipedia.org Magnesium sulfate
bro i havent watered until runoff because i dont want to over water them and they are only 2 weeks old
my soil has been amenended with organic fertilizer they have plenty of nutes. i also use recharge and terpinator

Bro-ette please. I will answer to Dude too... but only my best friends call me that. I am not saying to water less.... and if you are not watering to runoff with that turkey baster and trying to guess how much water the plants need, you are doing that all wrong too. Water to runoff every time, and then sit on your hands and do nothing until the plant can use all of that water, all the way down to the bottom of the container.
so about that bro-ette . i get what ur saying but this plant was just transplanted 1 week ago and looked nothing like it looks now. She was perfectly healthy one weed ago but i think i didnt water her enough after the transplant

What are you growing in? Looks kinda dry. When you transplanted it was it to the same type of soil. It really doesn’t look bad, it might be a little transplant shock, it might be adjusting to new soil/nutes. At this point I’d just watch it, and see if it continues or resolves itself.
happy farm potting soil i even used great white mycorrhizae and some other nutes like dr earths 4-4-4 i did also add some bat guano 9-3-1 im not sure but i think a nutrient toxicity, i will them another week to see if i see any progress
thanks man

i have done the same thing many times too bro
It happens lol! But on the next transplant let the transferring pot/cup going into the next pot/fabric with soil dry almost till you start to notice the plant starving for moisture (leaves & stems saggin). Always spray the soil with light mist and mix soil just as a concrete mixing truck turning cement would driving down the road. You shouldn't have to water again for a few days doing it this way, but after the pot/fabric dries up water to a runoff each time while watering the edges trying to stay away from watering previous root ball. Watering this way a few times letting roots search for moisture should allow the plant to fill the root space needed to fully saturate with runoff watering from there on. I will typically measure 1 & half liters of water for each plant in a 5-gallon container to reach a good runoff. Make sure to soak up the remaining runoff after each watering. Don't water mid-day always water just before lights on or right when lights go out. Hope that helps my friend!

i havent watered until runoff like some suggest because these ladies are still quite small so i just water around in and around the plant but not the entire pot. any suggestion for me bro?
Bingo! There's your problem. Water the entire pot, not just around the plant, the soil outside the rootball you're watering is probably too dry to allow new roots to grow into the soil. Water the entire pot to runoff, then leave it alone until it's almost dry, and then do it again when it needs it, not on a predetermined schedule. Water as needed. Make sure the pot is not sitting in runoff water, raise it up so the water all drains out of the pot. Emilya has a great tutorial for watering container plants.

thanks for the advise everyone, i definitely have some troubleshooting to do, i think i might have a nutrient toxicity but some people suggest i may be over or under watering my plants and i will try and take care of the situation. i will kepp yall posted thanks

i havent watered until runoff like some suggest because these ladies are still quite small so i just water around in and around the plant but not the entire pot. any suggestion for me bro?
Water to run-off. Get the soil moist then wait a bit to water again. Put down a cover crop or add a straw/mulch layer to help retain the moisture.

hi chronicboom I've had same issues in the garden before similar, but by the sounds of it your temps during the day are a little low. Are you getting at least a 10 degree drop from day to night? Root rot is also a factor like Emilya mentioned if you are over watering. Also starting to look a little hungry judging by the light color in green in the new growth of foliage! @GeoFlora Nutrients work great when transplanting into some soil with little to no nutrients in it for mature plants. If the gals are left without nutrients for too much longer you will start to run into more issues. Hope you get em back on track my friend stay green!:yummy:
Thank you for the recommendation my friend :)

Happy Growing :yummy:

@chronicboom I get the sense that it is a watering problem mostly related to your soil mixture. It seems you may not have enough in the mix to hold the moisture, coupled with a tendency not to water enough at one time, perhaps due to no good way to catch runoff. Sorry, I'm just guessing here... I didn't read all the responses above. I use coconut coir in my soil mixture, and it's great for helping the water permeate through the mix, and also helps hold it for the roots.

Hey everyone, u guys are having a wonderful day. I have an update with photos. I was having a nutrient deficiency braught on by the lack of calcium and magnesium. I had reused my old soil and was amended with nutes, bit these nutes lacked cal/mag and i underwatered once i transplanted, but thanks to this community i was able to quickly resolve my issues before they got worse and I really appreciate it. Much love for those who gave me tips and support
A2DC6946-48F2-491E-ACBE-67D2354AAB0E.jpeg

7893EA32-C546-4E2B-8C98-4709F203C1B1.jpeg

A2A22B07-DE2D-48BA-B3D5-32D144234E39.jpeg

B6BFD270-A9AC-42EA-956F-B426375C86E0.jpeg

B8C6F610-951F-4144-A565-DE41AC05540A.jpeg

Hey everyone, u guys are having a wonderful day. I have an update with photos. I was having a nutrient deficiency braught on by the lack of calcium and magnesium. I had reused my old soil and was amended with nutes, bit these nutes lacked cal/mag and i underwatered once i transplanted, but thanks to this community i was able to quickly resolve my issues before they got worse and I really appreciate it. Much love for those who gave me tips and support
A2DC6946-48F2-491E-ACBE-67D2354AAB0E.jpeg

7893EA32-C546-4E2B-8C98-4709F203C1B1.jpeg

A2A22B07-DE2D-48BA-B3D5-32D144234E39.jpeg

B6BFD270-A9AC-42EA-956F-B426375C86E0.jpeg

B8C6F610-951F-4144-A565-DE41AC05540A.jpeg
Looking good their buddy they bounced back forsure! I sometimes pluck the leaves that you notice aren't going to recover so that focus gets put back into other areas for healthy growth. Great training as well!

In the photographs the cannabis plant in the right rear tan grow bag is still displaying a magnesium deficiency. The upward curled edges of the leaves and washboard appearance edges on the leaves is a sign of a magnesium deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom