please help sick leaves lots of photos

Micro man

this is a lowryder 2 about 4 weeks into flower and has almost overnight has developed yellow patches on the leaves, its only effected the top leaves, but the whole plant seems to be looking a bit pale,

my growing medium is a mix of pearlite, worm poo and potting soil. im watering with ph 6.8 water and every 3rd watering its getting a half strength tomato feed (i know its not ideal but all i could get my hands on with a half decent NPK)
it also gets molasses every 3rd water too.

lights are clf 24w 2600k and there are 4 allong the top of the plant.

i repotted about 4 weeks ago and have made no other major changes since, she has been lsted also,

i am really stumped as to what this may be and after alot of searching through 420 i have decided to ask for help!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

thanks guys

P1040071.JPG

P1040068.JPG

P1040066.JPG

P1040063.JPG

P1040061.JPG

P1040056.JPG

The nuits I'm giving it have a low nitrogen level as I'm flowering. I could up the dosage but I'm worried about nute burn as this is the first time I've used nutes! I have grown in this set up lots of times before and never had a problem like this! The only thing different from all my other grows in this set up is, the size of the plant, for some reason this one is about 40% bigger than all the others. Same seeds, same set up, so as it was a little bigger I thought I would use nutes as the pot is fairly small but the biggest I could get in my grow area.
Nitrogen def would make sence, I think the NPK of my nutes is 5,5,8 I'm giving it half the strength of what it says on the label, about once every 8 days. Should I up this?

Thanks for posting ilikebike!

i guess it could be although i have put it in a bigger pot than the others, but not that much bigger. after harvesting the prevous grows they were no where near root bound and there was pleanty more room, but then this one is quite a bit bigger.

do theese look like symtoms of a root bound plant? and is there any way to deal with that with out repotting???? dumb question i know but if you check out my journal you will see i really dont have any more room!!!!

thanks for the imput general.

Zinc (Zn) Micro Nutrient and an Immobile element.

Zinc plays a lot of roles in the plants, first off zinc aids in the plants size and maturity as well as production of leaves, stalks, stems and branches. Zinc is an essential component in many enzymes as well as growth hormone auxin .Low auxin levels can be the cause of stunting of the plants leaves and the shoots. Zinc is also important in the formation and activity of chlorophyll. Plants that have a good level of Zinc, can handle long droughts. So that's why Zinc plants an important role how it absorbs moisture.

Zinc deficiencies on some plants will have the Spotting and bleached spots (chlorosis) between the veins first appears on the older leaves first, and then goes on to the immature leaves. It will then start to slowly affect tips of growing points of the plants. When the zinc deficiency happens so suddenly, the spotting can appear to be the same symptoms to that of an iron and manganese, without the seeing the little leaf symptom.
Zinc is not mobile in plants so the symptoms will occur mainly in the newer growths. Having a plant that is deficiency in Zinc can cause small crops, short shoots and have a cluster of small distorted leaves near the tips. Between the veins (Interveinal) yellowing is often combined with overall paleness. Pale or grayish, yellowing between the veins; rosetted weak is the signs of a Zinc deficiency.
With a low level of zinc in your plants, your yields will be dramatically reduced.
Interveinal chlorosis is present in the small, narrow distorted leaves at the ends of really shortened shoots and the shortening between internodes. Leaf margins are often distorted or wrinkled. These nutrients will get locked out due to high pH: Zinc, Iron, and Manganese. These deficiencies will often occur together. Parts affected by a zinc deficiency are young leaves and petioles.

Having an excess of Zinc is very rare, but when it does happen it can cause wilting and in worse cases death.

Problems with Zinc being locked out by PH troubles

High ph, Low organic matter, High Phosphorus levels in the soil, and or lack of nitrogen.

Soil

Zinc gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.5-4.7, 7.5-9.5
Zinc absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 5.0-7.0 (Wouldn't recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Zinc Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Zinc gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.7-8.5
Zinc is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-5.5 (Wouldn't recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Zinc Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Zinc deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a Zinc deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
And any of the following nutrients will fix a zinc deficiency: Zinc sulfate, zinc chelated, or zinc oxides are adequate fertilizer sources for zinc. Or you can bury galvanized nails in the soil. (Make sure you take off the sharp point at the end to prevent roots from being damaged) Garden Manure, which is slow acting. Greensands, Cottonseed Meal are both medium/slow absorption as well.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

I am not too sure what is the exact issue with your plants, kind of looks like nutrient burn, but I would definitely recommend getting some distilled or r/o water and flushing your plants like FuzzyDuck mentioned....

Also if you have a bucket and a air pump and airstone laying around...look up guano tea/nutrient tea and it may be good to follow up with after your flush to help replenish your soil with bennies...

I am not too sure what is the exact issue with your plants, kind of looks like nutrient burn, but I would definitely recommend getting some distilled or r/o water and flushing your plants like FuzzyDuck mentioned....

I agree... I would flush with r/o water

Ok thanks for the advice guys! I'm just on my way home now I'm gonna put another photo up, I looked this morning and it's alot worse, so maybe the next photo will confirm the zn deffiency!!
I'm still a bit confused as to flush or add some sort of zinc. I'm thinking that after looking at the plant this morning it could be lack of nitrogen! But I'll pop the pic up in half an hour when I'm home!

I really appreciate all the advice! Thanks again guys

I think it's also worth mentioning that apart from the discoloured leaves she is looking stunning! Good groth, all the leaves are straight no drooping or curling up, she has a good strong stem and is drinking normally.
The buds over the last few days have doubled in size too.
Also about 3 days ago I removed a few leaves.

ok so hears the photos

i just had a thought do u guys think it could be light bleaching? as my plant is out growing its home its that big!! i have a photo hear of her in the box, just before i took the photo i strung a line through the clfs and tightend it to rase them up maybe a cm or 2, and as you can from the photo that would mean that before the lights would be almost touching the plant!!
P1040081.JPG

the reason i think this is becasue its only the very top of the plant that sems to be effected, hear is a photo of one of the lower fan leaves and (to me) it looks to be in perfect condition? should this be one of the first things to be effected if its some sort of defficency?
P1040080.JPG

hear are the other 2 most effected sights, i really hope that theese help!
P1040076.JPG
P1040073.JPG
P1040070.JPG

again i really appreceate all the help you guys are giving me!!!

Back
Top Bottom