Pollen chuckers paradise

Well, I took the plunge into this as well. Mostly because the thought of a lot of free seeds was exciting. :)

I cloned a mother (a high 20:1 CBD strain of AC/DC Clone X Columbian X Thai X Swiss X Nepalese Landrace X [Some sour diesel]), sprayed colloidal silver, it produced pollen, which today I harvested in full. Just finished brushing it onto the mother plant for feminized seeds. Woot! Link to the process, which I am sure many have seen before, is in my signature.

Pollen collection, filtered through a 110 mesh screen, image below.

Well, I took the plunge into this as well. Mostly because the thought of a lot of free seeds was exciting
You bet. Good job on that reversal. My males went into the flower room on Aug. 9 and I harvested all the pollen I needed yesterday and dusted the females yesterday. Your reversed plant took approximately the same time frame.

You should see the pistils on the mate browning and withering at around 2 days. Then it's at least another 4 weeks + to ensure mature seeds but you're well on the way to those lovelies.

You bet. Good job on that reversal. My males went into the flower room on Aug. 9 and I harvested all the pollen I needed yesterday and dusted the females yesterday. Your reversed plant took approximately the same time frame.

You should see the pistils on the mate browning and withering at around 2 days. Then it's at least another 4 weeks + to ensure mature seeds but you're well on the way to those lovelies.
Those timelines are good to know. I'll keep an eye on the pistils.

I have about 8 weeks before harvesting the buds on these plants, so it seems the seeds may well be complete before that.

Any good way to know the seeds are done? I have read, dark colour and come out easily.

Tested some of the seeds from my bud rot girl that fell out when I was cutting out the rot and one of four sprouted in less than 48hrs so I'll get enough seeds out of this do a F2 cross. I moved her indoors to keep humidity low. treated with fungicide and baking soda solution.

My auto male that was 5 weeks older than the female was able to perform so I will have a second cross to play with.
I did save pollen but it will not be needed, maybe in the future.

Any good way to know the seeds are done? I have read, dark colour and come out easily.
Yes. Dark brown and you may see them in the petals of the calyx as it will separate slightly. If left for an extended period (6 or 7 weeks after pollination) they may just start falling out. They really do get nice at around 4 weeks. Good luck

Well, I took the plunge into this as well. Mostly because the thought of a lot of free seeds was exciting. :)

I cloned a mother (a high 20:1 CBD strain of AC/DC Clone X Columbian X Thai X Swiss X Nepalese Landrace X [Some sour diesel]), sprayed colloidal silver, it produced pollen, which today I harvested in full. Just finished brushing it onto the mother plant for feminized seeds. Woot! Link to the process, which I am sure many have seen before, is in my signature.

Pollen collection, filtered through a 110 mesh screen, image below.

Good Job! is that the widely circulated ACDC cut?

Hi folks, I have to tell you to pay attention to the RH of the pollen before putting it in the fridge. I collected a good amount in this jar and ruined it by not letting it dry out before doing so. No selfed seeds this run. Oh well. It's no longer powder, just dried pollen spongey stuff.
And on the better luck side of things, here's a stankberry x blue dream cbd in the foreground that's loving life, my first cross grow.

@stoneotter Thanks for the showing that pollen. I collected just a bit more pollen than I needed and it's just drying out in an envelope made of parchment paper. I'll be sure to dry it completely and seems like I remember reading somewhere that for long term storage it has to have an air tight seal too.

Glad you finally got to grow your cross. Keep 'em coming

Good Job! is that the widely circulated ACDC cut?
I’m new to all this so not 100% sure but I am thinking so as I have seen other seed vendors with their own ‘high CBD’ seeds as this i49 one.

I’m new to all this so not 100% sure but I am thinking so as I have seen other seed vendors with their own ‘high CBD’ seeds as this i49 one.
Ah I see from your thread you grew it from seeds. So if your plant is a S1 of the AC/DC cut... then you’re making S2 seeds. You could find interesting plants in there.

Hi folks, I have to tell you to pay attention to the RH of the pollen before putting it in the fridge. I collected a good amount in this jar and ruined it by not letting it dry out before doing so. No selfed seeds this run. Oh well. It's no longer powder, just dried pollen spongey stuff.
And on the better luck side of things, here's a stankberry x blue dream cbd in the foreground that's loving life, my first cross grow.
Next time put a silicate packet in there and it will keep it dry. Something like these:

1664579975817.png

This video has some great methods. I use the same Q-Tips in the postage envelopes but instead of glycerin I use the desiccant packets. I don’t freeze either, just keep it in the fridge. Turn on the captions in the video to get all the details.

I keep my pollen in little stamp envelopes on single use Q-tips-in the fridge. Very good informative video on pollen storage here...
Make sure to turn on captions!

Ah I see from your thread you grew it from seeds. So if your plant is a S1 of the AC/DC cut... then you’re making S2 seeds. You could find interesting plants in there.
That's what I am hoping. :) The mother popped out with two days and is the largest of the lot. Hopefully that works in my favour. Looking forward to seeing what it does when cross pollinated with the 18:1 Harlequin.

Next time put a silicate packet in there and it will keep it dry. Something like these:

1664580023443.png

This video has some great methods. I use the same Q-Tips in the postage envelopes but instead of glycerin I use the desiccant packets. I don’t freeze either, just keep it in the fridge. Turn on the captions in the video to get all the details.
Good one CannaFish! They're on the way.

Being my first time, I just pollinated one branch of colas. How many seeds would one expect from that? Wondering if I should pollinate another branch of colas. Hmmmm

I'm finding this discussion about S1 stuff fascinating, and am now looking forward to when I get more competent at growing and breeding, donning a proper lab coat and mad scientist goggles, and just seeing what weirdness, useful or otherwise I can dredge up wit S1s and other inbreeding and whatnot. Muahahahahahaha...

Hi Dankman finally dropped by the pollen chuckers paradise again to honor your request sir here you go, Seed project Cloudy! ... lol... I caught them behind the wood pile again! I have photo evidence to the Cloudy Lake seeding project now , It maybe a small operation, but I think I will have my second generation of Cloudy seeds soon sooo f2s! :).... no no not fu... f2s haha :)
20200814_170906.jpg
Hey folks just an update, My hat is off to mother nature she knows her shit lol... 2nd generation of Cloudy Lake kush on its way we are preggers! WoooHooo cigars for everyone!.... Wait pff fak that... Big fatty Joints and packed to the rim bowls all around Herby's celebrating!! ... Oh wait sssh here's a sneak peak at one of the lil one's now ...look awww hehehe so cute! ... Can't wait to grow you! :)
20200829_115335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom