Pot Size

Tricks

What's up freaks! (for the youngins freak is an old word for pot head LOL) I'm new to indoor gardening, I do flower and veg outside, but my health got so bad I had to try and move indoors (for now) any hoot I'm doing indoor organic soil, or as close as I can get the firsts time around, I need to make it as easy as possible right now because of how sick I have been. I have about 6 babies they might me 2 weeks old, thing is they got a little stretched because I didn't have a grow light after they popped so I just used a reg lamp for about the first week, I have them under a 400W MH right now, they are doing fine, one weak one died, oh yeah they are only bag seed but I have seen some nice results from that on here, in fact I don't think I have seen on GJ that the bag seed plants didn't turn out frosty! any input? the other thing is I was thinking I should go ahead and transplant into the pot I'll raise them in, I have seen a lot of 2.5 gal pots in use, think that is fine? my tent is 5X5X7 can I go smaller, I want to have room for plenty of root grow without root-bound plants LOL thanks all!

Cool thanks Wingman! I hope I can swing it, these damn docs are taking to long to find out whats wrong with me! LOL I have a couple in I think 1 qt containers and the others are in four inch pots, there would have been plenty of extra soil, but the were so stretched I buried about 2" of stem, maybe not that much, but the are already close to the bottom of the pot, thats why I thought I should switch.

how about an easy mix I don't need to feed? I don't know if there is such a thing, I know about FF and was going to use Ocean Forest and a blend of roots organic 70 and maybe light warrior, its supposed to keep the FF from possible burning of the plant...but even this I'll have to add feed after about 3weeks tops right? if so I'm thinking about Blue Plant Organic, I'm hoping thats as simple as mixing with water...hows this look? also I do have enough home made compost for one grow maybe, so I might use that instead of roots organic, just not sure if I can mess with the compost just yet...thanks for any help...now back to the WR

You may want to look into Superoots Air Pots...I used traditional 5 gallon pots for my first grow, and veg'd the plants for a hair over 6 weeks. For my second grow, I switched over to 3.4 gallon air pots and have as much growth as I'd had with the 5 gallon pots and it's only been a little over 4 weeks. From what I can tell, the air pots allow you to achieve more growth with less pot, reduce the veg time, and are worth the investment (really not that much, especially when you consider that they're reusable).

Here's a shot of the ladies at 4.5 weeks:

4-5-weeks-into-veg-with-3-4-gallon-air-pots.387785

I'm using just 4 gallon landscape buckets.They work out great indoors.?I get them free from Lowes, just ask if they have any used pots back there.

Hi Tricks.. How are ya? I frequently grow with bagseed, as long as its source came from a bomb plant.. And Yeah i just transplanted my seedlings into their final home, a 35 litre pot. I run a 400w MH and am using my hi output cfl's also for few hours to reduce work on my equipment. They are only just gone 10 days old but they look ok at the moment, two round leaves opened and first single leaves growing in size theyre Norhtern X.. My last was in a 25 litre pot and at harvest the whole pot from top to bottom was a healthy network of rootball, basically it was like the roots ate the soil, i fed her Seaweed xtract. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom