PotChimp's Lowryder #1 Grow

Yeah man. Don't listen to the seed banks, they always tell you earlier flowering time and higher THC, CBD, so you buy from them. They all lie mate. But I would of kept them going, dont go off grow time go off tric colour so you bud is how you want it. Myself I like to watch the buds double in size in the final 2 week, strain dependant obviously.

Strain dependent is the key phrase there. What I have been doing is going by the percentage of opaque trichomes (I like to aim at the 60% because of the Sativa high, even though to be honest I haven't noticed all that much of a difference in the buzz). I noticed that this is about when the pistils start turning color noticeably on other strains. I didn't even use a magnifier on this grow because I was trying to go by pistil color change. Oh well, another lesson learned; I did this mostly for the seeds anyway. Maybe I'll try plants in various stages of pistil color change (from none brown to all brown) to see if I can tell the difference then.
The seed banks do embellish a bit, huh? I haven't grown anything I can't smoke all day long yet, but according to them I should be experiencing something psychedelic or trippy. Keep workin' on it on that end guys; I'll take my part of the blame as a beginning grower, but I get a decent buzz from them all and that's it.

Strain dependent is the key phrase there. What I have been doing is going by the percentage of opaque trichomes (I like to aim at the 60% because of the Sativa high, even though to be honest I haven't noticed all that much of a difference in the buzz). I noticed that this is about when the pistils start turning color noticeably on other strains. I didn't even use a magnifier on this grow because I was trying to go by pistil color change. Oh well, another lesson learned; I did this mostly for the seeds anyway. Maybe I'll try plants in various stages of pistil color change (from none brown to all brown) to see if I can tell the difference then.
The seed banks do embellish a bit, huh? I haven't grown anything I can't smoke all day long yet, but according to them I should be experiencing something psychedelic or trippy. Keep workin' on it on that end guys; I'll take my part of the blame as a beginning grower, but I get a decent buzz from them all and that's it.

Easy man, the Pistel colour is not your tricome colour. The pistel hairs colour doesn't really matter, most of them are fully brown/orange at end as they have gone back into their calyx. The tric colour your looking for is the mushroom shaped crystals that form all over the bud and most of surrounding leaves. You will get A LOT more weight and potency if you wait till the end.

Hay man, I have grown lowryder 2's and the harvest time was about 3 and a half weeks after recommended time! The majority of the bud growth was in the last 2 weeks! I harvested at about 10%clear 60%cloudy and 30% amber, got more than 1 blunt that's for sure!
But as your doing it for Seeds, and seeds you got you should still be happy!

Lesson learned there. I might be misinterpreting what I've read in the grow books. I was under the impression that amber trichomes meant too late of a harvest.
The blunt should be pretty big though..... :)

Easy man, the Pistel colour is not your tricome colour. The pistel hairs colour doesn't really matter, most of them are fully brown/orange at end as they have gone back into their calyx. The tric colour your looking for is the mushroom shaped crystals that form all over the bud and most of surrounding leaves. You will get A LOT more weight and potency if you wait till the end.

I know JBC420, but thanks for the info. I use a magnifier on all my other grows, and what I do is start watching every day when the flower growth seems to have stopped for 3-4 days. Sometime after (never counted the days or weeks), I see that most (if not all) of the trichome heads look like they are fully inflated to the point of bursting. When 60% of the full heads turn from clear (like crystal balls) to opaque (like looking through wax paper) I chop. It just seems to me that most of the strains I have grown are at least to the point of 20% change in the pistil color at this point of trichome change. So I tried to go by the hair color this time instead of looking with the magnifier. I didn't know that the pistil color had no correlation to harvest time. Blame it on the PotChimp..... :oops:

well im not to experienced at this, but i was led to believe that the more ambers there are the more of a couch lock mongy high, and the more opaque they are the more of an "up" style head high, and the more clear ones there are you get a buzzy high that dosnt last as long, from my experiece i have found this to be true and prefer a slight couch lock to help me sleep, hench my chosen harvest time!

hear is a pic of the lowryder 6 days before it was harvested
P1020894.JPG

best advice to give would be keep experementing, take your next crop a little further see if you like the high (or even notice a difference)!

Lowryder #1 doob.
001761.JPG

It took six orange Zig-Zag rolling papers, and I'm guessing it was a little over a half of an ounce and it'll take me about a half an hour to smoke it. I got a crapload of seeds too, which was my main goal here (maybe 200?).
Well that about wraps up this journal. I'll post another journal of the same Lowryder grow under 18/6 soon. Happy New Year's everybody. I'm gonna go burn this jaybird..... :blunt:

I knew before I started, but I wanted to run an experiment to see how much yield throwing in a few Lowryders to fill in closet space using the GLR would produce as compared to breeder's recommended lighting schedules. Say under GLR you had planted a 16 week flowering plant along with an 8 week flowering plant. After harvesting the 8 week one you had half open space in your grow area with 8 weeks left. If you had no other seeds but these to use that had an 8 week flowering period (so that these would finish the same time as the 16 week one you mhave left), would it be worth throwing them in the soil to fill the space up? My answer after this experiment would be "Yes, if you want to plant a lot of them because between being an auto, a dwarf strain and the shortened hours, they yield only about 1/3 to 1/4 of what they should."

Hey PotChimp, Just read your journal, That doob looks fat!!!!

Bit puzzeled as i have a autoflowering kush that has been under 24/0 for 8 weeks 5 days i think, Planted it on 18/12/11... Its showing rakes of bud sites and white hairs but still not formed any bud... Just looking for some advice/help from a fellow auto grower.... Its in my grow if you were to take a look id appreciate it?

Cheers and keep up the good work

VH

Hey what's the bet yielding and quality smoke for an auto flowering strain I want to start some but don't want to be dissapointed by either

To be honest, I've only grown two autos so far (Lowryder #1 from Joint Doctor and Big Bang Auto from Greenhouse Seeds). I liked the BBA, but the Lowryder didn't seem very potent to me. I smoked that big doob from the end pic of this journal by myself and rolled up a blunt of Raspberry Cough soon afterwards and smoked it too I was so unimpressed.

Back
Top Bottom