PPM Very High

Flowrif

420 Member
Sup people! So I have a couple vegative plants set to go in flowering in 4 days.. Prior, I transplanted them into Foxfarm soil a month ago. I have been watering them with only ph balance water and the nutrient levels are still reading from 4000 - 7000 ppm.. I know this is way above recommended level... I have tried flushing, but the run-off ppm still us high..Plants are still growing everyday. One of the plants have nutrient burn while the other is handling the nutes fine. Why is this soil so high in nutes? What can I do to lower the ppm as I don't want this to effect my plants in flowering.. I don't want to extend vegetation much longer as they are hitting 11 weeks in vegetation. am posting pic of plant with nute burn. I need you guys call on this one. There are different routes to take which one? This is my first grow btw
20210627_183429.jpg
20210627_183415.jpg

I have been watering them with only ph balance water and the nutrient levels are still reading from 4000 - 7000 ppm.. I know this is way above recommended level...

this is just not possible .. not sure what / how you are measuring ? those ppm numbers are hotter than the surface of the sun .. i'd expect flames at least

other than that i see n tox and claw, with maybe potassium ask in the back, but the n needs sorted. stuff is ending hot in veg for sure.

Nute levels at 4000 to 7000 ppm? Ok with numbers that high I guess you are checking runoff ppm? Runoff contains chemical salts and fine sediments that come out in the wash, so it’s an inflated number anyway. Don’t worry about your runoff ppm numbers but rather be concerned with the ppm numbers of your nute mix each time before you feed the plant,

Those plants are showing the claw and dark green leaves with indicate Nitrogen toxicity.

this is just not possible .. not sure what / how you are measuring ? those ppm numbers are hotter than the surface of the sun .. i'd expect flames at least

other than that i see n tox and claw, with maybe potassium ask in the back, but the n needs sorted. stuff is ending hot in veg for sure.
It's is the ppm of the run-off..

Sup people! So I have a couple vegative plants set to go in flowering in 4 days.. Prior, I transplanted them into Foxfarm soil a month ago. I have been watering them with only ph balance water and the nutrient levels are still reading from 4000 - 7000 ppm.. I know this is way above recommended level... I have tried flushing, but the run-off ppm still us high..Plants are still growing everyday. One of the plants have nutrient burn while the other is handling the nutes fine. Why is this soil so high in nutes? What can I do to lower the ppm as I don't want this to effect my plants in flowering.. I don't want to extend vegetation much longer as they are hitting 11 weeks in vegetation. am posting pic of plant with nute burn. I need you guys call on this one. There are different routes to take which one? This is my first grow btw
20210627_183429.jpg
20210627_183415.jpg
it's the runoff that I'm measuring...apparently I still am experiencing nitrogen toxicity. So u guys think I should still flip it to flowering in 4 days?

It's is the ppm of the run-off..

no wonder. don't worry about that. there is no useful info there.

get your inputs right. that's what you monitor. you are high in n for starters. it could be interfering with other stuff. it's not a deal breaker. balance nutes and you're gold.

Hi @Flowrif and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I strongly suggest following the instructions on the Fox Farm Soil feed chart. There you will find the proper tbls/gallon measurement of your nutes and you will learn that even in Fox Farm soil, and you didnt state which one, you probably should be using the nutes as recommended, even at week 1 of the grow. Most soil growers do not even own a PPM meter... it just isnt a useful item to have around. When comparing nute ppm levels of nutrient mixes between hydro and soil operations, a soil nutrient mix will necessarily be much higher than would be used in hydro, but you are not giving any nutes, so that isn't the issue. It looks like you are not mixing the trio correctly for your present week of the grow and your intro says you have not been giving any nutes... just water. The soil by itself is not capable of burning your plants and anyway, it looks like you have a magnesium deficiency... not a burn. Not every leaf damage is a burn.

Some of your leaves look to be a very deep green and shiny, and as said above, they are clawed downward. This is an indication of Nitrogen toxicity, so it is hard to believe that you have not added anything else to this grow other than the soil and pH adjusted water. Have you top dressed or added anything into that soil? Are you sure you have not given any supplements or anything else other than water?

I also need to ask what it is that you call pH balanced. What pH are you adjusting your water to? What are you using to adjust your water to this level?

Lastly, you said you flushed, and since multiple flushes are an important part a fox farm grow, please describe your flush... did you actually pour 3x the container size in fresh water through your soil?

Okay thanks for the response first off. Let me start with a little history. Okay so when I first tranferred them to their final homes (5 gallon bag) a month ago, I added a low mixture of Foxfarm trio as instructed on the bottles.. I used Big Bloom and Grow Big for literally the first 2 waters but I was not balancing water. This is how I think it got magnesium deficiency due to not balancing PH. I also stopped adding nutes cuz I thought I saw nute burn and nitrogen toxicity...This was all a month ago..Now, I balance water to 6.2 to 6.3 PH everytime and I noticed the Mag deficiency got better.. The Light green around edges weren't as noticeable.. Am I right about this? You said u see Mag deficiency and Nitrogen toxicity.. How do I fix this if one issue is not having enough Magnesium, but too much nitrogen...If I start adding nutes again wouldn't that add more nitrogen as well?

You will probably have to do a correct flush to help with Toxicities. Then feed correctly adding Cal Mag. Cal Mag is like a 1-0-0 NPK .
Hey my friend I just finished a flush this time I did three times the pot size and it worked! The PPM is down to the 200-300. The only part I'm still confused on is when do I start adding nutes to the water. Do I wait a couple of days and water again with nutes.. or can I add nutes to it today?

How would I fix a deficiency and toxicity at the same time? I'm confused!

I would recommend sorting out the Fox Farm nutrients first, by doing a proper 15 gallon flush to get rid of the improper mix of nutrients that you added when you put them in the final containers. Never again go by the very minimal instructions on the bottles. Download the soil feeding chart, and follow it to the letter.... starting with the watering right after your flush. Give nutes, pH adjusted right before applying to the soil, every other time. Give pH adjusted water inbetween. Be sure to be ready for the next proper flush in a few weeks. Fox Farm nutrients is a scientific growing system and it needs to be followed exactly.

Once you have the proper nutrients coming in, in the proper mixture for that week of the grow, only then re-evaluate the deficiency situation. You might find that now that you are doing a proper mix of the nutrients, the magnesium needed is already in the mix.

Hey my friend I just finished a flush this time I did three times the pot size and it worked! The PPM is down to the 200-300. The only part I'm still confused on is when do I start adding nutes to the water. Do I wait a couple of days and water again with nutes.. or can I add nutes to it today?
you are flushing to get rid of excess nutes in the soil. Please let the plant work on that until the next time it needs watering, and then follow up with the proper nute mix. feed/water/feed/water all the way through the rest of the grow. Time your next flush for one of the plain water days.

I understand that I would follow week 12 for the rest of the grow
That sounds right... look at the lack of grow big (mostly nitrogen) called for at this point in the grow. It really does pay to follow the directions. The directions on the bottle are mainly for outside grows and for people who already know to roughly follow the mix instructions even out there.

Back
Top Bottom