Preparing my grow area

Kikibonds79

Hi I’m back it’s January 22,2021 I live in California area took some pictures of my space I will be working with. I got lots of room to add another cage. Definitely more cameras to keep any eye on my babies. I have a passion to grow and finally told myself I need to step it up show more love to it take better care of my beauties. Going to buy a better sleeping bag sleeping outside on the patio took a toll in me. I have tones of digging to do turn the soil around also add earth worms to my dirt I’ve been collecting them. I’m here to learn from you guys let me know if I’m doing anything wrong I don’t get mad I’m here to hear everyone out and would love the feed back.

FD641DBD-F121-4C60-9A5D-B088F928ED15.jpeg

4692770C-D6C6-4CA3-9BC0-EB8FC86FDCAB.jpeg

99FE18E7-4C72-48F1-81DF-4E6879661A02.jpeg

DDB528C3-A124-4A84-84D7-683DEA259C9F.jpeg

I am jealous but enough of that. I take it that the enclosure is what you are calling a cage and that you are saying that you could add another one along the other wall? Asking out of curiosity and so everyone can be on the same page understanding what you have going.

If it was me I would be turning over the area inside the existing cage now using a shovel. Roto-tillers are nice but they also break up the clumps of soil so fine that the soil settles quickly and compacts. Using a shovel leaves larger clumps and helps to trap air pockets getting more oxygen into the soil. It is a bit more physical work but that is not a very large area. When planting starts you will just dig holes where the plants are going and break that up a bit finer.

Other possibilities including getting a bunch of leaves that fell off the trees, shredding them up and spreading the chipped leaves over the area and after they get damp, then turn the garden area over.

Or get some bulk compost from a local landscape supply place. Go with a cubic yard so you will need a pick-up truck. You can leave the sticks and other material in the compost. Spread it out over the area inside that enclosure and then turn it over.

Break up some of the area outside the cage to get it ready for companion plants. These are plants, usually flowers but can include herbs, that will be planted and can help reduce insect problems later in the season. Some companion plants will repel insects that might attack your crop.

Just some ideas to kick around.

Thanks for sharing some ideas the cages I got from tractor supplies chicken kennel it’s all locked up no one can get in unless they are able to lift 288 lbs each cages are heavy. I had issues with my neighbors stealing from me and got tired of it. I raised my babies from seeds and for them to take them I was heart broken I worked so hard on them. I’m going to add another 8 feet cage link them together I had 15 plants in the cage it was too hard to go inside and take care of them here is a example of my last harvest. I also need to build a better top area I had no idea a plant can grow so tall

3B93564E-2D75-44D3-8208-8ED4298F6558.jpeg

Thanks for sharing some ideas the cages I got from tractor supplies chicken kennel it’s all locked up no one can get in unless they are able to lift 288 lbs each cages are heavy. I had issues with my neighbors stealing from me and got tired of it. I raised my babies from seeds and for them to take them I was heart broken I worked so hard on them. I’m going to add another 8 feet cage link them together I had 15 plants in the cage it was too hard to go inside and take care of them here is a example of my last harvest. I also need to build a better top area I had no idea a plant can grow so tall
I have helped someone with an outdoor grow. They put a fence around an area about the same square footage as your area and it was not that easy to work on plants that were near the fence. Plus the same problem with taller plants. She had to put a screen of fencing over the top to keep people from reaching over and being able to grab buds or plants. In late summer she would pull the tops over and tie them down. It was a real pain having to walk around in there with all of the strips of bed sheet that were tied to the plants and then to the fence.

I had four plants in the enclosure and I did some supercropping whenever the tops got within a foot of the top. Did not have to worry about the long strips of cloth getting in the way.

OMFG you could do some wicked LST with that cage. You should bend all those plants sideways and get some fat side-branch buds. Or you could spread out each plants branches and get insane light to every part. Put a sprinkler on that shit and nute in between and it will bust out of the cage living in Cali! Damn bud thieves! Good luck with this year! 50 lbs makes a lot of buds, hash and rosin!

I’m learning on topping the tops and bending the branches also a better way to tie them. My goal is to put less plants in the cage so they are able to get more sun. I will have to build a bigger box to set on the cage l. I’m trying to prepare ahead of time. My cousin will be camping with me outside this time. I’m excited I ordered my seeds and will get them this week.

May I suggest putting your damn neighbors in the cages instead ? Growers have enough to do without worrying about thieves.

I’m ordering more cameras going to be high alert this year. Now that me neighbor father passed away which he was the only one I had respect for. Now the house became a party house at night. Need to get back in shape to help me to stay calm lol

I’m ordering more cameras going to be high alert this year. Now that me neighbor father passed away which he was the only one I had respect for. Now the house became a party house at night. Need to get back in shape to help me to stay calm lol

Burn the house down . Just kidding !The internet is way too sensitive these days

I’m excited I just got my order in from Dutchseedsshop. All seeds are Indica
1) Purple Kush
2)Grape Ape
3) Ice cream cake
4) Gorilla Glue
I feel like I’m in a candy shop looking at beautiful plants. I just place another order tonight my valentines presents for me.

5DE1238F-4BFB-4B72-B881-161E4A7E02E9.jpeg

I have a 32 lb Pixie Bob cat that'll take care of unwanted hands reaching over the fence :rofl:

Hi I’m back it’s January 22,2021 I live in California area took some pictures of my space I will be working with. I got lots of room to add another cage. Definitely more cameras to keep any eye on my babies. I have a passion to grow and finally told myself I need to step it up show more love to it take better care of my beauties. Going to buy a better sleeping bag sleeping outside on the patio took a toll in me. I have tones of digging to do turn the soil around also add earth worms to my dirt I’ve been collecting them. I’m here to learn from you guys let me know if I’m doing anything wrong I don’t get mad I’m here to hear everyone out and would love the feed back.

FD641DBD-F121-4C60-9A5D-B088F928ED15.jpeg

4692770C-D6C6-4CA3-9BC0-EB8FC86FDCAB.jpeg

99FE18E7-4C72-48F1-81DF-4E6879661A02.jpeg

DDB528C3-A124-4A84-84D7-683DEA259C9F.jpeg
What Size is this Cage?
Is your cage facing The front of the street? Or an alleyway in the backyard?

I seriously, very much LOVE the cage area you made.

Did your neighbors steal your stuff before or after this cage?

And why are you sleeping outside at night?

I'm not trying to be stupid, I'm just trying to figure out what's the deal and how to suggest something useful to help you.

What Size is this Cage?
Is your cage facing The front of the street? Or an alleyway in the backyard?

I seriously, very much LOVE the cage area you made.

Did your neighbors steal your stuff before or after this cage?

And why are you sleeping outside at night?

I'm not trying to be stupid, I'm just trying to figure out what's the deal and how to suggest something useful to help you.
I have 3 cages 40 feet by 8 feet my neighbors took my plants before I had the cage. I sleep outside on the patio to watch out for anyone my watch rings when anyone is around my cameras I have a huge spot light I’ll turn on yelling at them to leave. I enjoy sleeping out in the patio my sleep hours are 6pm till 10pm the rest of the night I’ll stay up watching movies then head inside at 4am when my neighbor is up the one who lives in back of me. He keeps an eye out for me his dogs are the one who was barking at my neighbors when they were in the alley. My cages are in my backyard I will be adding more cameras down the alley to alert me ahead of time when anyone is around the corner.

Well hopefully the cages do the trick...

If your backyard is 100% fenced off make sure theives can't get into the yard to start with... lock the gates ect..

The security lights are great ... maybe also think about adding a loud audio alarm that triggers with the security lights, kinda how a car alarm works. ...

Sounds like you have lived in this house a very long time and that moveing is not an option...

Love how you transformed your yard and love the Orange Tree..

Well hopefully the cages do the trick...

If your backyard is 100% fenced off make sure theives can't get into the yard to start with... lock the gates ect..

The security lights are great ... maybe also think about adding a loud audio alarm that triggers with the security lights, kinda how a car alarm works. ...

Sounds like you have lived in this house a very long time and that moveing is not an option...

Love how you transformed your yard and love the Orange Tree..
This year I’ll be putting farming mesh over my cages so no one is able to see what I’m growing. I just don’t want to deal with bugs this year hopefully the net will keep them off.

Back
Top Bottom