Pro-mix / Cocoa - 1200/276w CFL - Purple Erkle - Grape God - Dream Queen

Jack Dos

So we have new potting mix to test. 35% premier pro-mix flower & plant 65% cocoa coir. Using 5500k daylight CFLs. X 12.

Plant medium (1pint containers).
Plant species (purple erkle, grape god, green crack)

Light schedule (20/4)

Re: Pro-mix / cocoa - 1200/276w CFL - purple erkle, grape god, green crack

subbed... love the purps!

AK-48 2nd Gen Clones (Direct from seeded mother. Look at the Leaf Size!!):
IMG_019512.JPG

IMG_017115.JPG

IMG_019111.JPG

Smaller 2 were for clones. So we kept a strong root system forcing it to grow in a 1pt.
IMG_017015.JPG

Little to no stress when 4 to 6 clones were taken from each.
IMG_018817.JPG

IMG_01869.JPG

Now, they will now be induced to flower.

Here are the clones that were took. (Poly-Hybrid 3rd gen.)
IMG_018219.JPG

Here is the Grape God and Purple Erkle Clones (2nd Gen from Seeded Mothers who were induced to herm during flower.)
IMG_018412.JPG

So I was schooled today on "FIM" and "TOP" techniques.

Thus "google" and "youtube" were sought to help, but ended up giving me what not to do, and bad jpeg pictures done in ms word.

Nonetheless, I didn't want to bother my scholar and I didn't want to sound like an idiot for stuff I knew nothing about.. but I did manage to get the jist of what to do.

But, if anyone here has any ideas, or pointers, or if I should or shouldn't bother with either or one or the other of these techniques, feel free to shoot me a quick reply. Thank you all and stay frosty! Until next uploads.... Layde, out!.

So I was schooled today on "FIM" and "TOP" techniques.

Thus "google" and "youtube" were sought to help, but ended up giving me what not to do, and bad jpeg pictures done in ms word.

Nonetheless, I didn't want to bother my scholar and I didn't want to sound like an idiot for stuff I knew nothing about.. but I did manage to get the jist of what to do.

But, if anyone here has any ideas, or pointers, or if I should or shouldn't bother with either or one or the other of these techniques, feel free to shoot me a quick reply. Thank you all and stay frosty! Until next uploads.... Layde, out!.

topping is way to easy!!! I was nervous on my first attempt at it as well... but its really easy, just make sure that you don't have the lateral branches that are starting to form under the scissors as well... those are going to be the new tops...

FIM on the other hand... I honostly didn't see any benefits from it... I did it to my GDP and it seems that all that happened was that it stressed my plant almost to her death!!! but she has recovered and is in her 1st day of flower today!!!

:peacetwo: brotha!!!

thanks 420,

thats great to know. I keep coming across new things each day its crazy its like I know nothing about anything. Guh, what happened to plants just growing, damn.

Anyhow, I've still got to get a 5gal to put her into, but then I will do the TOP of the top and put her into flowering. Shes about 4ft right now. pretty huge. The leaves span over 5inches. she should have big buds.

Also, want to talk about WATERING SOLUTIONS!!!

Using de-humidified water. So its pure air water pH is perfect. Add my b1 (100mg x2) to 1gal of water with 1Tb of organic molasses.

This is all this baby has had and it works wonders i tell you, wonders.
Now for ferts we'll use the fish fert which will have all the ingredients of a bloom/boost

Why Dehumidified? Well because its ALWAYS available. Its accurate to pH balance. and.. ITS FREE! I don't have to have reverse osmosis water or buy pre bottled, and though electric isn't cheap, im not using city water, I have a well. If you wanted you could run a dehumidifier and drill a hole in the bottom and use it for your watering source. I wanted to do this, but I have enough water so I don't have to.

I've read about a million and one ingredients off MSDS and FDA Listed materials in a lot of :brand name: nutrients. And a lot of them have the same crap in them, just with fancier names to make you pay more. here's some info ive found/came across/researched.

Norwegian Sea Kelp/Seaweed - Sea kelp/seaweed is from the bottom of the shallow part of the ocean floor.(the colder parts of the water) Almost all of any sea kelp or seaweed is "Norwegian" sea kelp/seaweed. Since there is 30 or so different kinds and we use it for ingredients ranging from dog food to ethanol... its good stuff nonetheless. So don't go for the specific :Norwegian Sea Kelp: or Liquid Seaweed brands as they all are mostly the same thing. I use Maxicrop Plus Iron Liquid Seaweed, has sea kelp listed on the back, not even on the label ;) all the same stuff..Why maxicorp. Cause its easily available wherever I go, its a great name behind the product, and.... it uses everything all the top brands use, BUT ITS CHEAPER!! BY A LOT!! But, its still a trusted name, not the Walmart brand.

Vitamins - Vitamins are found in a lot of ferts. Why? Because plants need it. Just like the body, plants work alongside a DNA track that uses the same things the body does to live. Dont go buy a gallon of thrive-alive because of the :trusted name: I mean you can... but I wouldn't. Thrive Alive b-1 has 3% vitamin b-1 as its main active ingredient. Now why wouldn't you just go buy b-1 and put it in your watering/fert solution?? Well that's what I do. I get the organic tablets of vitamin B1. Works wonders, and makes things HUGE.

Basically spend some time, see what your putting into your plant, because that's going into your body, and dont overspend when you dont have to. Until next time, stay frosty. Layde-out.

subbed for this!

Love the lineup of genetics your rolling with.

I like to top my plants and do LST maintenance throughout the grow afterwards to keep my canopy height as even as possible. No wasted space is allowed in my eyes. if you have the light use it to its fullest potential.

I am not the one you want info from though I am still learning myself!
cant wait to see the progression of your garden.

keep em green:Namaste:

Good news, I brought my lucky chair! I hope it will help, looking good so far keep it up!
I also want to second the LST method, I love it! I am also guilty of both topping and fiming my mothers. They are about the same, the idea being to get more side growth and thus more tops by cutting the growth tip.

I need a lucky chair! The clone I got the guy used powder so the one is struggling (purple erkle) but I do have faith in it. Just going to be a minute before it takes off. Also, I'm hoping that the clones I took are ak48 as I had seeds but the bunch got misplaced so I'm going to have to wait till flower to tell for sure but it can only be 1 of three things ak48/violator kush/super lemon haze. So we'll see. But we got green crack seeds that didn't get misplaced and the grape god, both of which are doing amazing. So im going to have to steal your luck chair =p cause I'll be waiting to see how this goes as well.

Also been reading a lot about hydro wanted to do a aeroponics setup. But a lot of the nutrients have so many sulfates in them. Such as a name brand has such ingredients including magnesium sulfate and potassium sulfate. Im allergic to sulfa severely. Like dying bad. I wouldn't want any of these things ingested into my body let alone something that I'm using to medicate. What do any of you think about this. Do you think that since people have allergys that marijuana should be organically grown and have ingredients used in production for people's safety? Or is that too much at that point? I would like to think that because we do ingest medicine like this it should have care and sought after just as well as any other medicine or food that we eat. This is just my opinion. What about yours?

I would say don't risk it. If you have any allergies to sulfates I would play safe rather then risking it. Plants uptake the food we feed them and also breathe the air surrounding them. I've seen people complain of fishy smelling/tasting bud from ferting with fish emulsion a few weeks before harvest. I've also seen people claiming that you can flavor your bud by feeding it orange juice, or vanilla extract etc the last week before harvest.

What I'm getting at is that if people are claiming the plant is uptaking whatever we are feeding and leaving deposits that are noticeable, then I would Definitely try to take the safe route. I've even seen people blaming health problems on the hot shot no pest strips from home depot. They claim their plants absorb(breathe) the toxic vapors it gives off, which results in them getting sick after smoking/ingesting the bud.

So, this is why some people take the "completely organic" route. They think of the plant as a human body and would never want to do anything to harm their plants. Others think that drenching them with a HUGE line of synthetic ferts will make the plant denser, or more potent. Personally I believe every plant has it's limit and can only reach it's maximum potential. Adding more and more nutes isn't gonna improve the plant, it's going to allow it to grow properly and reach its full potential. You can grow equally as good plants both ways, they just each have their own pros/cons. Both ways all boil down to experience. I would say it would be easier for a beginner to go down the synthetic route, but who says the best is always the easiest ?

Stoned4daze61
Thank you greatly for your comment and time. That was the answer I was looking for but didnt really think people wanted to actually state the answer that was proper. Because most growers I've came across usually are just in production. And I think that's what our nation has came down to. Rather then cost/energy/materials, its how big/fast/ect.. it takes to make money.

Example..
I feel that this is why we have so many damn pill companies making the same damn medicine under 5 different names. Why is there generic and why is it half the cost?

I use fish ferts, and yes I could taste them, but you know what, it wasn't some synthetic crap that im tasting that had you don't know what in it, it was mulled fish...

anyways im going to continue to have my ingredience i used, where, how and when, how long in my product. I will take pride and stand behind it as well.

Thank you again stoned4daze61

No problem and I completely agree. I tend to choose certain generic products at stores because of EQUAL ingredients at half the cost. Even when it comes to nutrient companies. Yes I'd like to try some Advanced Nutrients but not when I paid for BPN's whole organic line for the price of ONE of AN's gallons. It's crazy, just got to be sure to keep an eye out to save money in this struggling economy.

I'm subbed :popcorn:

Hey AltFour, please don't take any offense, but just because something says "sulf" on it doesn't mean you are allergic/going to die from it. Sulfa drugs are a certain class of antibiotics that cause most problems. Some people have problems w/ sulfites, usually used in preservative. Some are affected by both. Most sulfa containing NON antibiotics are not a problem. Sulfur is not a problem--it's the main element of making your weed smell and taste like it does. Neither are the salts (sulfates or sulfites) used in fertilizer (they are not an antibiotic). If you can't eat any commercially grown (non organic) produce, grains, meat, beverages, I can see your concern, but I think you have sulfa allergy misunderstood. Now I understand your concern back when you were researching organic soil and the use of guano.

Exactly right. I am allergic to ;sulfa; medication. I know that sulfides are different then sulfates. But like, tipple antibiotic has potassium sulfate and magnesium sulfate in it.. can I use triple antibiotic?

My doctor just told me im allergic to anything with ;sulfa; in it. Like if I use these one organic eye drops they give me a headache and I didn't know why, but they use magnesium sulfate for a preservative. Also, inhalers, contain sulfate, and When I had brancutis I didnt know why I was always getting headaches when I would take my meds, now I know..

I have no clue as to if its safe for me or not being its a natural mineral or whatnot, but I just did it for safety reasons for myself. But you could be right, as to I could be used to the sulfates just used in antibiotics. *shrugs* but you are right, I know im not going to die, I just get very sick. But nonetheless, I'm not as worried now as much as I am, nitrates and ammonia and stuff from other ferts, but personally I just wouldn't use them when theirs a(n) healthier alternative or an alternative that doesn't contain any of those in it.

I want to thank you for taking into consideration and even taking the time to read my journals and know how/what I'm relating to from over 24 weeks ago. Very very intuitive and caring. That means a lot. Thanks again for your feedback and yes, I try not to worry too much ;)

Violator Kush?/SLH? & AK48 (Mother/Clone)
IMG_025214.JPG

Defoliation and the mother is going to be transplanted and put into flowering.

Violator Kush?/SLH? (seed)
IMG_025111.JPG

Defoliation.

Green Crack (seed)
IMG_024420.JPG

IMG_024314.JPG

Grape God (clone 1&2)
IMG_024214.JPG

IMG_024013.JPG

Mendo Afgoo (clone)
IMG_024110.JPG

Ok, so since the clones have been transplanted, I have been able to view the growth at a stand still, very poor actually. So, recently I sought some new product. All natural and organic, and it gets rid of everything im using. So here are some pictures.

Seed -
401209_10150519072907285_504032284_8834480_2052980961_n.jpg

48hrs later -
IMG_033413.JPG

Clones -
403299_10150519073102285_558304870_n.jpg

48hrs later -
IMG_033210.JPG

Clone -
405211_10150519072637285_504032284_8834479_702325430_n.jpg

48hrs later -
IMG_033313.JPG