good to know you're having fun, and everything is coming along. how do you intend to manage their size?
maybe because there's not much light, they'll grow less? do let me know, if you have the chance.
To be honest E I don't know yet. Because they're all different strains with their own unique growth pattern I think that they'll receive individual treatment. I've already topped them all in several places, some having a potential of 12 branches, but I'm expecting to have to take action for a few of them. Expect to see some LST, Super Cropping, leaf removal and possibly entire branch removal. I'll be trying to aim for a lose sea of green style but with 10 strains uniformity is pretty much impossible. You're right though I am having fun and for me that's what it is all about, oh and learning whilst doing it. Have a good day my friend :)

Well the algae is officially at an insane level! I would be incredibly worried if it wasn't for one thing and that is that the plants are as healthy as they can possibly be. Their growth rate is exceptional with the possible exception of Skywalker but she's not slow just the slowest. Also there is barely a mark on them and they're a perfect healthy green. I do miss growing in soil but I never had this kind of control before. Of corse all this could change in an instant, when things go bad in hydro they go bad fast. For now though I'm just seeing how it plays out. I just looked in my other Tent and the ladies are looking like they'll be done pretty soon. I'll put some more pics up a bit later. Happy growing everyone :)

Quick question. Does anybody know if taking the plastic wrap off the cubes is a good idea? I would prefer air to dry them out from the sides a bit more rather than having them sweat in plastic and retaining water for longer.

Good question, but I don't know the answer. I'm tuned in for clarification.

I know for soil You use saturation as an ICU measure for a couple of days and then the drier they are after, the quicker the roots will take.

I can see a case for not doing it if going into hydro, they'd have to reacclimatize from wet to dry to wet. I can see the dry allowing an outer membrane to develop that isn't desirable, reduces efficiency in water. It can see not wanting to air prune the tips at all for structure reasons...

:popcorn:

Good question, but I don't know the answer. I'm tuned in for clarification.

I know for soil You use saturation as an ICU measure for a couple of days and then the drier they are after, the quicker the roots will take.

I can see a case for not doing it if going into hydro, they'd have to reacclimatize from wet to dry to wet. I can see the dry allowing an outer membrane to develop that isn't desirable, reduces efficiency in water. It can see not wanting to air prune the tips at all for structure reasons...

:popcorn:
Lol, in short it was a bad idea. It open up the sides to the light resulting in heavy algael growth all over the cubes. Again, the algae has created a pretty thick membrane by itself lol. But things seem good at the moment and everyday I can see new roots punching their way through like it's nothing to them. It's a case of wait and see :)

Hey prof! I actually did a little experiment with my rockwool cubes and took a couple without plants and put them in water. One I left the wrap on, the other I took it off. I had crazy amounts of algae on the uncovered one and ended up with a tiny bit on the wrapped one on top. Everything I've read suggests that the algae is more of an eyesore than a problem for your plants' well-being. I'm actually really curious to see how your girls react when they start getting bigger if the algae is still there.
I hope your day is going well so far my friend!

I've read somethink similar. That it only becomes a problem if it suffocates the roots, but there are loads of untouched roots coming out of the bottom of the cubes and plenty pushing through the sides. It is quite fun to watch though GT. I'm not sure which plant is doing better, the cannabis or the algae lol. I think that the card on top will help though and also the leaves. However I am about to remove a load more leaves which will open them up to more light again. My days been great how's yours been GT? :)

I've read somethink similar. That it only becomes a problem if it suffocates the roots, but there are loads of untouched roots coming out of the bottom of the cubes and plenty pushing through the sides. It is quite fun to watch though GT. I'm not sure which plant is doing better, the cannabis or the algae lol. I think that the card on top will help though and also the leaves. However I am about to remove a load more leaves which will open them up to more light again. My days been great how's yours been GT? :)
I'm super curious to see (if you leave the algae untouched) if it has any affect on the nutrient need/uptake on your plants. I think though, that if you have roots coming through it should be fine. Do you plan on leaving it for the sake of science??? Lol.

My day is going decently, just have some of my wife's family from out of the country visiting later this evening.. Wish me luck! For now, just being lazy this chilly Sunday and watching my girls grow!

Lol, I wish you much luck, if they're anything like my in in laws you'll need it! Ok, it's a deal, I shall leave it untouched in the name of science. It's photo time soon, we shall see if they're still alive :)
Excellent! I love a good experiment :thumb:

And much appreciated regarding the in-laws! Looking forward to the pictures and news.

@eldorado303 I'm glad to see you here! We need all the curious minds out there to actually follow-up on their curiosity and ask questions/give input. It's always good to meet another like-minded person. Happy growing! :ganjamon:

Chop chop!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

hey 420! Won't be long now before the ladies are put into the flowering Tent. It may be as early as Sunday, if not then definitely by next weekend. I have a feeling that they are going to explode during flower. The Critical and the Critical Orange Punch are both really strong plants and you can see that they stand out as a result. I've grown Critical before and it's a monster. It had the biggest buds out of 10 strains last time I grew her and she tasted exactly like oranges. Anyway all the girls are doing great and I'm starting to wonder if the algae is actually helping. I doubt it but it certainly isn't hindering the plants. Apologies for not keeping up with the journal as much but yesterday I did an update but it didn't send. Annoying but what can you do. Here is some pics of their progress. Happy growing one and all :)
ORG_DSC05470.JPG
ORG_DSC05471.JPG
ORG_DSC05472.JPG

Hey 420! Basically I'm going to put the ladies into the set up tomorrow after a good clean. I may give them a few days to settle in then it's flowering time! Now there was a few mistakes on the previous grow which I have hopefully learnt from. I haven't got the final weights of the grow yet but when I do I will know,if,what I'm setting out to do will be possible or not. These girls are already way bigger than the clones that I just grew when I flowered them so I know that I'm definitely going to get more. Also all of these are good growers where as in my last grow 4 plants became stunted/tiny because of initial rooting problems and an odd pheno. The girls are being fed at full strength now and will remain on veg nutrients until the second week of flower where I'll start adding flowering nutes. Then they'll be on full strength flowing nutes by week four. So tomorrow is the day that the journal will really start and hopefully we shall see some interesting things. Happy growing everybody :)

hi professor. they are getting bigger. still looking good. so many goodies to choose from in a few months. nice.
keep it up.
:ganjamon:
Thanks E! I'm looking forward to several but Cheese Dog Haze has me drooling the most lol :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom