ProMix Additions

diabolito

I'm mostly an RDWC grower but am running some regular seeds I have in Promix.

In the past when I do this, I water the pots when they get light and dry with nutrients at a ppm level that would be suitable for DWC at each stage of growth. I understand Promix to be "nutrient-free" in a way, and like DWC, nutrients have to be constantly added.

My problem is that the plants in Promix are always much smaller than their DWC counterparts and show deficiencies, like yellowing leaves in flower, while the DWC plants grow happily with the same level of nutrients. They finish okay but there is no comparison with outdoor plants or the DWC ones.

I can't water more, as that would be detrimental, so should I add something to the Promix or increase the ppm of the water?

I know there are great soil recipe solutions but I really want to keep it as simple as possible and most like DWC. It is something I only do occasionally.

There are fertilizer sticks and additives. Would they help?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Makes sense to try more nutes. How easy is it to burn the plants in promix? I guess they're soaking in the nutrients 24 hours a day in DWC so I would think that the Promix has a bit of a buffer in comparison. ocan take more?

I'm using PRO-MIX BX MYCORRHIZAE with maybe 10% more perlite added as well.

Makes sense to try more nutes. How easy is it to burn the plants in promix? I guess they're soaking in the nutrients 24 hours a day in DWC so I would think that the Promix has a bit of a buffer in comparison. ocan take more?

I'm using PRO-MIX BX MYCORRHIZAE with maybe 10% more perlite added as well.
That was what I was thinking. That Pro-Mix product doesn’t have any nutes in it.

i've always run cooler in rdwc by about 150 - 200 ppm at finish. it's simply more efficient.

Based on the suggestions, I'm going to up the nutrients and aerate the water on this one.

I have 10 regular seeds of San Fernando Zkittles and a MAC cross I need to grow to look for the females to clone. Looking forward to it and while size is not the main thing I'd like them to be healthy.

Thanks for the help guys.

"They finish okay but there is no comparison with outdoor plants or the DWC ones."

Are you growing outdoors ??

So comparing outdoor with indoor? OR comparing outdoor with DWC or comparing DWC with indoor - psudo - soil? I'm confused.

With what you ask " no comparison" - what does that mean?

You like your DWC best then grow that way.

Are you trying to take a leap of faith and grow organically in soil?

Do it, there is no try.

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soilless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If use Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add an additional 10% perlite, 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. The Pro-Mix BX can also be used by adding an additional 10% perlite and 20% vermiculite. I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients and flush for 7 days. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients can be used in hydroponics, soil and soilless mediums.

Back
Top Bottom