Proposed grow room odor

curious1

I keep threatening to set up a grow room and will finally go ahead and do it this winter in my basement. I'm leaning towards a 4x4 or 6x6 room in order to grow for personal use. I'm a retiree and own my home in a typical surburban development. Here's my question: what can I expect in the way of odor from this operation? I can vent the room outside, but what can I expect the smell to be like? Noticeable to the neighbors or someone passing by? Same for the basement. Aside from the appearance of the grow room/tent, how bad will the odor from the maturing plants be? I'm thinking furnace repairmen, etc. coming into the basement. From the few times I've grown outdoors I know the smell can be strong.

Buy a carbon filter and inline fan. It will solve all your worries and will help with air exchange to the room! If not you can expect it to smell. Why risk it? It's an essential piece to my grow to ensure people don't even smell it when they are in the room next to it!

If you use a carbon scrubber/filter along with the appropriate cfm exhaust fan there will be no smell. Plus this is necessary for fresh air exchange which the plants NEED to grow well. Where could you pump the air? plus what kinda lights are you looking at?

Q
i keep threatening to set up a grow room and will finally go ahead and do it this winter in my basement. I'm leaning towards a 4x4 or 6x6 room in order to grow for personal use. I'm a retiree and own my home in a typical surburban development. Here's my question: What can i expect in the way of odor from this operation? I can vent the room outside, but what can i expect the smell to be like? Noticeable to the neighbors or someone passing by? Same for the basement. Aside from the appearance of the grow room/tent, how bad will the odor from the maturing plants be? I'm thinking furnace repairmen, etc. Coming into the basement. From the few times i've grown outdoors i know the smell can be strong.

Back
Top Bottom