Pterostychus: The Never Ending Story, Now Jack Herer

You would know Pt, you are in there with them. I know the struggle of the macro shots. If some buds are where you want them to be, harvest those. Leave anything that isn't ready. I do wonder what that stress does to the remaining plant? Shed and I (as well as many other I'm sure) had big buds underneath that could have gone for a couple more weeks while the upper stuff was ready. You also have the luxury of being able to see under your buds.

You would know Pt, you are in there with them. I know the struggle of the macro shots. If some buds are where you want them to be, harvest those. Leave anything that isn't ready. I do wonder what that stress does to the remaining plant? Shed and I (as well as many other I'm sure) had big buds underneath that could have gone for a couple more weeks while the upper stuff was ready. You also have the luxury of being able to see under your buds.
I've done staggered harvests and the plant does just fine! Of course, I'm not one of those who starves a plant at the end so nutes continued through the final watering.

Oh snap! Hahaha! I guess when you're not the one smoking it, the taste wouldn't be an issue now would it?

Oh snap! Hahaha! I guess when you're not the one smoking it, the taste wouldn't be an issue now would it?
If you mean that flushing effects taste, you might be wrong on the science.
First there's this:
A critical look at preharvest flushing

And then this from Penny:
Remember the apical flowers are sinks, they don't use nutrients but only Starches and sugars produced in other parts of the plant.

Why force your plant to eat itself at the end when you would never do it earlier in the grow. It's trying to produce the biggest buds it can to protect its "bloodline" at the end. Don't starve it.

And my wife is smoking it. You think I don't care about her experience?

That was very informative! Once again Shed, you've changed my mind on a matter. Thanks for the article. Did you have that in the belt when you were telling me not to starve her?

That was very informative! Once again Shed, you've changed my mind on a matter. Thanks for the article. Did you have that in the belt when you were telling me not to starve her?
I first found that article last summer. I usually bring it up whenever some says how important flushing is. Penny added his quote back in January and now I include because of his reputation on this site.

Cruella day 79/39

last night she was watered 1l she produced 750ml runoff, it was left standing and now 1 day later it has a film over it ... is this a indication for rootrot?

Root Rot would be a massive bummer huh. PT I've just finished reading your entire journal from the start. Its taken me the best part of a week and half's bedtime reading. I just want to say thanks heaps for your dedication in bringing your journal to us. As a complete indoor noob its been both inspirational and very educating and congrats on the Journal of the month award. I have just a couple of questions if you don't mind?

You seem to be running out of weed between plants, is your tent big enough for 2 plants? I did notice with your next grow you intend to drop 2 seeds. Are they both going in the one grow space? The reason i ask is because i have just built my own Cupboard that measures 1m x 1m x 2.2m high. I currently have 3 seedlings in there and after reading your journal im thinking that might be too much. (they are 2x Sour Diesel#2 and a freebie. they are about a week and a half old now)

Also i didn't notice too many places where you mentioned how far away from the foliage the led was set. With the Awesome job you have done on the LST i wouldn't imagine that you would have to adjust the light much but im guessing there would have been "some" adjusting. I currently have my 600w Viper Spectra set at abut 2.5ft. (about 75cm) so far my seedlings are growing ok but i think they could be doing better.

Once again thanks man for the effort you have put into this.

Back
Top Bottom