PTSD's - Unknown - 600W MH/HPS - Grow Journal

Here are some of the trich pics. I know it sucks under the lighting I will get some once the amber starts showing up in it, ill get the pics under natural light then. Altogether tho they look nice and well developed tho....
SAM_14432.JPG
SAM_14411.JPG
SAM_1440.JPG

Why'd you ditch the screen? Its best use is to support the weight of the bud.

You should be able to see the amber under the lights, but it's easier to see with white light.

You don't look at sugar leaves at all. The trichomes on sugar leaves mature faster than trichomes on buds. If you harvest according to the sugar leaves that get cut off for hash or whatever, most of your harvest weight won't be effective.
Make sure you look at the buds only.

Great journal PTSD! Looks like you have your lil lady under control and im sure youve learned alot! Oh and I like the mini scrog! Ill be doing one with 3 rare darkness plants I have in veg. They still have about 4 weeks to veg so I should probably get them under a screen soon. Nice work :)

Welcome to the grow scrubby. Hopefully things go according to plan from now on....

I took it off cause it was kinda a pain in the ass to work around. I took it off and she just didn't want to sit right again. I guess I didn't consider that aspect of the screen as support. Maybe Ill throw it back on there. With the scrog I threw it on there right when I flipped her and it worked very well. Thanks again for the help Antics.... You have saved me more then a few times on this one.

Ill be adding the screen then letting them veg into it until the canopy fills the 4x4 tent and then flipping. Itll be a new journal and a new adventure for me too. Ill need all the help I can get :)

Ha I aint no help..... Now that I look back at it I am happy how mine went considering the time circumstance. I would have rather had some more time to veg and truly use the screen. I was in a time crunch so vegging was cut short. I will use it again on my next grow which will be in a few months from now probably starting around late July.

Thanks LoviTonce for coming by again.... It was the first attempt at indoor growing and all in all I feel pretty good about it...... Considering I never once used a thermometer, PH meter, RH meter, or any of them other fancy gadgets lol..... All in all I know I would have produced better buds and more weight if I had used them but honestly I just didn't feel like it. I went for a small investment with really barebones materials, and very happy with the results. Buds are quickly turning to orange now, last watering was 100% H2O next watering will be with nutes and I think the last one with them. Then one more H20 feeding and I will flush.... The last nute feeding should be the start of week 9 of bloom and with a 2 week flush that would put me at about 11 weeks to harvest which is average to long for a indica so that sounds about right.... All in all very happy and hopefully other growers on here can learn from my mistakes and fortunes to find their own success.... The entire grow from start to finish to include just about everything came out to about 350.... If I can pull 1OZ off of her then she paid for herself (yes 350 a OZ welcome to North Dakota) and the lights are still here for the next grows a lot of nutes still left too.........

600 Watt Ballast with MH and HPS bulb - 250$
Nutrients - 30$
Screen - 10$
Soil and other shizznit - 70 $

That first puff of MY homegrown - Priceless

Good night 420 world.... Keep it tasty.

Also in retrospective.... I don't think I would have defoliated so much.... I would have liked to keep some of the fan for this period. Sure it makes harvesting easier but to me it looks like the added fan leafs would really help in absorbing more light. I should have kept some more throughout the grow I think that may have been one of my larger downfalls, but once you get balls deep into some good defoliating that shit gets kinda hard to stop... plus it kept me busy so it was worth it. :D:Namaste:

So the ol' lady has ran out of smoke for almost 2 weeks now and we cant seem to scrounge any up right now... I told her I will cut her a good bud this sunday....... I see people who microwave the herb for some time, or toaster ovens, paper bags,.... What is the recommended quick dry method that still results in a half decent smoke?? I am willing to give it a day or so to get there.

Put the flame to it, :volcano-smiley:that shit will dry out loljk..i feel what you mean about getting "balls deep" in defol and not being able to stop. I feel like i did to much defoliation on my plants too witch is one of the reasons ive kept them in vegg., for so long, so they can fatten up again before i switch them over to flowering. Ive always only clipped fan leaves, i never cut any auxiliary shoots or whatever their called lol...im not sure if that makes it any better but i guess well see :Namaste:.....btw bro, i already started my secomd grow :) im growing some cream caramel and white widow..stop by anytime brotha ..i reserved a spot for you in the VIP section ;) lol

#yourawesome :)

What type of camera do you have? If you can, adjust the white balance to a warmer light setting. I'm using a Canon Rebel T3i, and it has a custom function that lets me get good photos under my LED lights. Here are some before and after WB adjustments:

IMG_67315.JPG
IMG_67366.JPG
IMG_67206.JPG
IMG_67263.JPG
IMG_64774.JPG
IMG_65107.JPG

Let me know if you have any questions. Btw, your plant is looking delicious! Going well for a closet grow. If those buds fatten up these last few weeks, you'll easily net an ounce.

Cost of light analysis.

The entire grow from start to finish to include just about everything came out to about 350.... If I can pull 1OZ off of her then she paid for herself (yes 350 a OZ welcome to North Dakota) and the lights are still here for the next grows a lot of nutes still left too.........

Nutrients - 30$
Screen - 10$

Looking mighty tasty. I hate to be a negative Nancy here, but don't forget to factor in electrical costs. Here is a breakdown for the light alone. Approximate flowering cost: $65.52 = .6Kw/hr * 12hr/day * 70-days * $.13/Kwh. Approximate veg cost: $82.24 = .6Kw/hr * 18hr/day * 60-days * $.13/Kwh. Or about $150 for just the light during this grow... this is assuming electricity costs $.13/Kwh, Veg is 60-days with an 18/6 light cycle, Flower is 70-days under 12/12 light, and that you give a flying squirrel about the background costs.

If you really want to get technical, we can get into a whole room analysis that includes any ventilation, heating, cooling, humidity control, human hours, etc. We're doing this at work and the cost to grow cannabis indoors is pretty staggering. If you really get your system down you can pull close to 1-gram/watt from that closet (based on light wattage only), which would be 600grams or about 21oz. Though results like that are pretty atypical, I don't think it is out of your reach to shoot for .5-grams/watt or 11-12oz per grow.

That said, nothing beats the taste and satisfaction of homegrown herb. I applaud your grow and look forward to seeing how your next grow improves. Well done with the updates, Rep points for you!

Thanks LoviTonce for coming by again.... It was the first attempt at indoor growing and all in all I feel pretty good about it...... Considering I never once used a thermometer, PH meter, RH meter, or any of them other fancy gadgets lol..... All in all I know I would have produced better buds and more weight if I had used them but honestly I just didn't feel like it. I went for a small investment with really barebones materials, and very happy with the results. Buds are quickly turning to orange now, last watering was 100% H2O next watering will be with nutes and I think the last one with them. Then one more H20 feeding and I will flush.... The last nute feeding should be the start of week 9 of bloom and with a 2 week flush that would put me at about 11 weeks to harvest which is average to long for a indica so that sounds about right.... All in all very happy and hopefully other growers on here can learn from my mistakes and fortunes to find their own success.... The entire grow from start to finish to include just about everything came out to about 350.... If I can pull 1OZ off of her then she paid for herself (yes 350 a OZ welcome to North Dakota) and the lights are still here for the next grows a lot of nutes still left too.........

Nutrients - 30$
Screen - 10$

So I kinda skimmed the thread since you posted on mine last night...have you converted to the hazy side of the force since page 1? IIRC you were a non smoker growin it for the wifey?!

Welcome padawan.

Prepare to forget everything you have or will ever know, in particular where you put your keys.

Haha good little catch to say the least... I am a stoner at heart although normally my occupation out here in the oil fields doesn't allow for me to smoke because of the random, event, and other drug tests that they perform. Military was the same deal, unless we were deployed overseas where they don't drug test. However the current job could care less so I have began to smoke again its been a while since I have really smoked. Although the medical aspect of it is something that I truly appreciate and utilize. This grow will be 80% consumed by her but I will partake in the fruits of my labor. Shit id loose my head if it wasn't attached, smoking gets my mind right :D

So time for the weekly update. Growth has been not really there although a few ambers have been found as well as the hairs are 25% maybe up to 40%ish orange/ red. I gave her a full dose of Cha Ching and a bit of Tiger Bloom. This is the last feeding with nutrients and the flush will begin on the next feeding. We will be moving close to the end of the month so timing should be about perfect. As you can see from the pic we took a sample since we ran out and its drying in the sun now. I did find a beaner in there tho, hopefully I don't find many.... does this mean it hermied?? And will that drop potency??
any ways here is the start of week 9.

Kinda photo happy sorry.
SAM_14472.JPG

SAM_14482.JPG

SAM_14492.JPG

SAM_14502.JPG

SAM_14592.JPG

SAM_14601.JPG

SAM_14641.JPG

SAM_14731.JPG

SAM_14762.JPG

SAM_14782.JPG

SAM_14811.JPG

SAM_14801.JPG

SAM_14821.JPG

SAM_14833.JPG

SAM_14862.JPG

SAM_14874.JPG

Also as you can see I took a small sample today. Threw it in the sun for about 4 hours just rotating it throughout. Dried out nicely and was ready to smoke. Taste wasnt the greatest, but good strong buzz from it. Excited for the finished product. All together super stoked for the potency of the smoke.

You can definitely start to see the ill effects of my not monitoring the PH during as well as some lighting issues with height. Nearly all the tips are burnt on the leaves although the bud is nice and healthy. My next grow I will make sure to monitor and control temp, ph, rh and lighting better. Should be exciting once I am in my own house and no longer sharing any walls.

Back
Top Bottom