PTSD's - Unknown - 600W MH/HPS - Grow Journal

Scent is really not strong at all... Mornings are the one time you can clearly smell it when you get in the room, keep in mind I grow in a closet with the door cracked. It has a almost lemony smell up close, my wife described as sweet and sour. I like that its not an over powering smell since it was a large concern due to where we live. I like that about what ever strain this is. Very pleased overall.

Hey PTSD!
So I just went through your entire grow thoroughly, and it seems as if you had a really interesting grow.
I am gonna be taking a front row seat for the remaining of this awesome show.
Seems like we are going to be harvesting at around the same time. so high five bro:high-five: :)
Thanks for stopping by at my thread, and showing me the way to yours, hehe.
It was a very interesting read.

Well I am glad that you enjoyed the journal... It's cool to have some comparisons with other growers getting so close to harvest.

I took a small sample yesterday tho, smoked it today and in a bud that was less then a bowl there was 7 seeds. The other bud I clipped had a seed. What is going on here? There were no naners, no nothing during this grow. Would this be considered a hermie or just a female that pops seeds. The bud looks dank as hell but is this going to effect the potency?? I haven't clipped an actual bud yet just the popcorn... I truly hope its just the popcorn buds doing this. Kinda shitty tho cause I would have loved to keep growing her another generation but with 8 seeds in 2 bowls I am very disappointed. It was a bag seed so it was in the genetics time to end this ones line. Get some real seeds next time, good genetic strains.

Damn bro, sorry to hear about them hermie'ing on you...that sucks, thats one of the thing im really hoping doesnt happen to my girls .. i guess thats the chance you take when growing bag seeds ..chances are the bud it came from was a hermie so with the genetics factor coming into play its all bad ...im thinking i might make some butter from my plants if they hermie on me....

#yourawesome :)

Hey PTSD, you mentioned at some point that your closet door was left a bit open during dark hours, if I am not mistaken.
If so, it is possible that the lady grew some balls as a result of light penetrating during dark hours.
Any way...
7 seeds are not a high number, bro.
Back in the day when yours truly started smoking, we only had seedy weed. I used to spend hours trying to separate the little buggers from the buds, I am talking developing techniques and mastering the skill of separating them. hundreds and thousands of seeds for each bag I bought.
Point is, it can get much worst :) So think about me next time you find a seed and have a little laugh. I am sure It is still top notch bud!
Enjoy it, brother!

Haha Jimbory you forever will be the face of my seed extravaganza. Lovitonce I don't think it ever did actually hermie out on me I have no male parts anywhere on the plants.... I think Jimbory is correct that it was from the light leaks although she did get stressed a few times in the grow. It came from seed producing weed and probably genetics played a large part she was probably prone to producing them. That's why I will not continue to grow this strain. And yes Jimbory the light leak was something that I knew better but figured if she was just used to it from birth she would be ok with it, but I guess not. The bud is still undeniably good, there is no way to take from the quality that it is, just a pain to separate the seeds. Keeping my fingers crossed that its just in the popcorn not in the actual buds.

Haha Jimbory you forever will be the face of my seed extravaganza. Lovitonce I don't think it ever did actually hermie out on me I have no male parts anywhere on the plants.... I think Jimbory is correct that it was from the light leaks although she did get stressed a few times in the grow. It came from seed producing weed and probably genetics played a large part she was probably prone to producing them. That's why I will not continue to grow this strain. And yes Jimbory the light leak was something that I knew better but figured if she was just used to it from birth she would be ok with it, but I guess not. The bud is still undeniably good, there is no way to take from the quality that it is, just a pain to separate the seeds. Keeping my fingers crossed that its just in the popcorn not in the actual buds.

Oh, my bad bro, i was under the impression that when female plants start producing seeds due to stress or genetics they are hermie'ing up. I guess i better go reread that article...

#yourawesome :)

It isn't actually possible for a female to produce seeds without some sort of pollination happening. Either some pollen came in from the outside world, or there were some hermie flowers that went undetected. Looks like nice herb though :thumb:

I caught you on the other thread, and I can tell you that if you find a few seeds in your buds, they're likely to be fems. :yahoo: That's basically how fems are created - you get a female to throw some nanners and pollinate herself, and you keep doing it until you get a stable pheno. :cheesygrinsmiley: And seeded bud is no less potent than usual. It's just that if the entire plant gets pollinated it stops making calyxes and trichs, etc - ends up less potent. A few stray seeds are nothing.

Especially in the lower popcorn, it's most likely a S1 fem. That seed should grow another female just like that one. :bravo:

It seems weird that pollen could have come in from somewhere else, and you haven't found any nanners. They show up pretty well usually and it would be pretty obvious on that plant. Oh well- a mystery for now.
I'm not sure if pollination reduce overall potency, or just reduces yield. I know some of the strongest I've ever smoked has had seeds. If a calyx gets pollinated, it presumably stops developing resin and focuses on forming a seed, so will be less potent. But what about all the other calyxes which make up a bud- will they be any different because their neighbor got pollinated? I don't know... I don't feel like googling it. Hehehe.
Anyway- I hope you're still happy about it. The plant looks lovely. I know she's a bit scorched around the edges, but I love that combo of the yellow leaves and frosty white buds. That's my favorite stage.

Edit- oh, there we go, looks like Graytail's got it figured. :thumb:

Wow well I must say this was much different then I was figuring was happening. I guess I will have to keep a few of these guys in the long run... The ones that came off so far seemed fairly undeveloped but I am guessing once it is harvest time they will be fully developed. The whole plant is not pollinated cause I have cut a couple popcorns that had no seeds so I guess there is a chance that this is what is going on. Thanks for the insight Graytail and Weasel you guys calmed my nerves a bit. I knew the herb was potent you can not deny the trichs and hairs, but I feel much better about the seeds. Thanks guys for the help truly!!!

Ya sometime between week 3 and 4 of flowering she got the tips of her burnt as well as the top portion on the new buds on about 50 % of the tops. This eventually turned the hairs a nasty yellow and crumbled the tops. Well that in turn turned those tops into nice fat tops which the others are the standard cone shape. LA's technique was pretty much done naturally which was nice. I got the light dialed in eventually tho and it only happened that one time.

Coming on week 10 and still no amber. I am just feeding with pure water hoping that may speed it up a bit to not get quiet the nutes it was. I will be moving around the 22nd of June so 10ish more days to go..... Damn I was hoping that my timing was more accurate starting to sweat the final finishing date a bit.

I will be moving around the 22nd of June so 10ish more days to go..... Damn I was hoping that my timing was more accurate starting to sweat the final finishing date a bit.

I will probably get hounded by other growers for this, but I think you'd be fine to pull your plants down in 5-days or so. I work at a grow in CO and we never have a problem with pulling plants before the trichomes have turned mostly amber. We recently pulled down two tables of Purple Bio Diesel that tested at 28.4% THC and most of it still had milky trichomes. It just shimmers in the jars. :battingeyelashes:

Normally, I'd say let it go as long as you can, but June 22nd is soon upon us and I assume you don't want to make the move with wet bud. If you cut in down and hang it to dry on June 17th, it'll have 5-days to dry before the move. If the buds are dry enough, then go ahead and trim it up. If not, then de-stem the buds and put them in a small plastic tote to cure a little while you move. Once settled in, you can open up that tote and let it breathe a little... it's gonna smell really good. When the buds are dry enough, go ahead and trim them to the desired size. And voila - homegrown cannabis!

Don't sweat the small stuff, my friend, and it's all small stuff... except them buds. :thumb:

Ha ha. Things change and members come and go so fast around here. But C526 was all over this forum when I joined not so long ago. Won plant of the month and member of the month for February. A super sweet guy. I hope he's doing well. I miss seeing his signature all over the place. He grew a Monster of a plant in a scrog just before he disappeared. Check it out

Dont sweat the petty stuff,and dont pet the sweaty stuff

If you're not growing Cap'n style,GOOD,saves the croutons for us that like to grow pounder's

current journal--big'un --complete.

new space-- under construction

cheap cloner

Back
Top Bottom