PTSD's - Unknown - 600W MH/HPS - Grow Journal

No doubt man.... She wasn't quite done with her stretch I thought she was. Although, she is loving the new level of penetration. The bounce back took 3 days maybe although she was perked right back after day 1. When using the screen do I need to keep the rope away from the bud>? Im trying to keep pressure off the pistols but shes gunna fill up a lot I can tell.

Here is a bit of a photo update. The pics suck under the lighting but bringing them into normal lighting is more of a pain in the ass. I tried to show how much of the branches are packing up with bud but I couldn't get a good pic. Still no smell what so ever tho, although I wasn't too worried about the small I was expecting more then this. Anyways without further adou....

Day 24 of flip and Day 21 of bloom

SAM_12874.JPG

SAM_12865.JPG

SAM_12853.JPG

SAM_12844.JPG

SAM_12831.JPG

Just noticed that these ended up being the exact same angle. It has been like 8 days since the defoliation. I wish I could have seen what she would have done without defoliating, however the results seem promising. Sorry for reposting the pictures from before but its a good before and after.......
8 days after defol...
SAM_12551.JPG

SAM_12594.JPG

SAM_12831.JPG

Overall before and after....

SAM_1237.JPG

SAM_12601.JPG

SAM_12874.JPG

Usually people remove the growth that is below the screen so the plant can focus it's energy on the part up in the 'sunshine'. In your case PTSD, it looks to me from the picture, like you could maybe lower the screen more (or raise the plant) to take in some of that nice foliage/budsite, and tuck the resulting longer branches over another square or two to spread it flatter. Does this make sense?
Edit- oh more pics just came up- I was only looking at the underneath shot. The top budsites look great too. Well- see what you think of my comment on your end. I usually defoliate everything below the screen/ in the shade especially after it's done stretching. Maybe you can encompass a bit more of the shaded area...
Looking great bro:thumb:

Howdy Dentu,
Antics probably has much more to useful information on this topic than me, but I keep CFLs about 6" away from my seedlings. Right now, you have 46-watts of light, which is good for the first couple weeks with a few small plants. After that if you're serious, you'll need to start buying a bunch more CFLs (8 or more, which must also include more Y-sockets, adapters, and cords) or decide to invest a little more into a HPS, MH, or LED light. If you don't buy more lights and stick with just two CFLs, you'll end up spending $15-20 in electricity (lights + fan) growing dwarf plants over a few months that would be lucky to produce a few grams. If you're just wanting to dabble and learn, then buying 2-4 more CFLs might get you closer to a 1/2oz. and make it a more worthwhile adventure.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure we'd all love to see and share in your journey. And btw, bag seed (even if there are a lot of seeds) can produce some unexpectedly awesome plants.

Oh, and here is a graphic I found that helps explain why light intensity decreases drastically as it moves further away.
isqrr.gif

Howdy Dentu,
Antics probably has much more to useful information on this topic than me, but I keep CFLs about 6" away from my seedlings. Right now, you have 46-watts of light, which is good for the first couple weeks with a few small plants. After that if you're serious, you'll need to start buying a bunch more CFLs (8 or more, which must also include more Y-sockets, adapters, and cords) or decide to invest a little more into a HPS, MH, or LED light. If you don't buy more lights and stick with just two CFLs, you'll end up spending $15-20 in electricity (lights + fan) growing dwarf plants over a few months that would be lucky to produce a few grams. If you're just wanting to dabble and learn, then buying 2-4 more CFLs might get you closer to a 1/2oz. and make it a more worthwhile adventure.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure we'd all love to see and share in your journey. And btw, bag seed (even if there are a lot of seeds) can produce some unexpectedly awesome plants.

Oh, and here is a graphic I found that helps explain why light intensity decreases drastically as it moves further away.
isqrr.gif
Hey there Mystery Seeds! Again, thanks to all with all the support that I m getting. And all the journals (especially the completed ones) have provided so much information, my old brain sometimes has a hard time retaining it all. But thank you soo much....I tell my better half all the time, that this world will be such a better place in people if Mary Jane was legal, less pain, police taking care of important crimes, job production, and a whole crap load of tax money the government would make. I see even in NY, when legal medical use comes into effect, it will cost 50 dollars for the id card(big brother rears its ugly head again)(gosh, I should start a soapbox blog...do it so often...you get older and you realize how most stuff is crap! LOL!)
Back to your post. I have a couple more 23w 6500k bulbs, and socket splitters, just need an extender so it can fit in the clamps reflector. Until I get my tent set up totally the way I want, I was thinking of putting the plants in my entertainment center(has a door that the audio components should go...has 4 shelves that come out leaving space 18 in. x 16 in. x 48 in. high...figure 4 more bulbs will be enough for that space...will add either space blankets or spray paint it white( heard both, again, not a clue which is best). One question, should I get one large pot to transplant my "bag seed plants" (have 4 or 5 growing nice now...no idea what they are, or if will be female..have to hope.

Anyway, again, thanks for the input, and I think soon I can get private messages...really enjoy conversations with some of the members...not too much fun being homebound...thank goodness for tv! LOL

So woke up this morning and the plant looked like shit.... Completely drooped and lots of top foliage and even bud sites burnt... It was a 100% change from yesterday.... I guess shes getting a bit more picky, although I did remove the humidity source, so I put that back in. She perked right back up and looking good just hours later. I went ahead and did a small defoliation as well as removed a good amount of the popcorn buds off to ensure the tops getting full nutes. Watered her with just water... Next will be full flower nutes, 1/4 veg nutes. Here is a pic after some screen shifting as well as the defoliation. This is the start of week 4. Also getting some small trichomes popping up.

SAM_12963.JPG

SAM_12942.JPG

SAM_12932.JPG

SAM_12912.JPG

SAM_12903.JPG

SAM_12893.JPG

SAM_13012.JPG

SAM_12974.JPG

SAM_12992.JPG

SAM_12983.JPG

nice clean defoliation, all that training for the main branch to look like that, she's gonna be a winner and produce a lot aswell ;)

i can already see every stem being a swollen fat cola in no time.

:thumb: excellent job

Looking good ptsd, I'm just entering week 5 and the smell is crazy. How about yours? Have you added any additional nutes to her?
i started using Advanced nutrients Tarantula so i'm hoping i get some extra bud growth..

So here is a bit of an update. It has been about 2 weeks since my last update. Smell has began to come out a bit still faint. The buds are shaping up nicely. I did get rid of a bit more of the popcorn buds on the bottom. Anyways here are some pics. Any info or recommendations at this point would be nice. No more grow big just full strength tiger bloom and cha ching. Yellowing is starting to happen throughout although the tops are still nice and green so I am not too worried at this point. Anyways without further ado....
SAM_13804.JPG

SAM_13792.JPG

SAM_13782.JPG

SAM_13772.JPG

SAM_13753.JPG

SAM_13652.JPG

SAM_13622.JPG

SAM_13602.JPG

SAM_13582.JPG

SAM_13573.JPG

SAM_13562.JPG

Im not the best with a camera. I cant really take her out of where she is she is pretty seated into the screen. I have a decent digital camera if you got any hints to get some better photos.

Also I am now on day 47 of bloom day 50 of flip. Should I begin the flush now? The trichomes are 50% clear 50% cloudy. I would like more amber in my grow. I got some advice from a local friend who told me that I should do a 10 day flush when I see my first amber trichomes, is this good advice. I did a search and seems about right. But still unclear on when exactly in the buds development to flush.

Well today begins week 8 for this lil girl. Trichomes are still about 50/50 clear to milky. No amber still tho. Weight has really stopped being put on and it seems the only real changes at this point is increases in trichomes and hairs are white and orange. Here are some pictures. AS you can see I lost the screen... It served its purpose I believe and the buds are so heavy they are naturally laying flatter due to the weight of the bud on the stems.

SAM_14282.JPG
SAM_14272.JPG
SAM_14264.JPG
SAM_14173.JPG
SAM_14162.JPG
SAM_14154.JPG
SAM_14142.JPG
SAM_14132.JPG
SAM_14122.JPG
SAM_14111.JPG
SAM_14092.JPG

Back