PTSD's - Unknown - 600W MH/HPS - Grow Journal

coming along nicely :thumb:

good job buddy :high-five:

I suppose I am going for neither? or both maybe. I mean its bag seed so its hard to really go for quality. I just really would like a good amount of some decent smoke. If I was able to pull a oz. of some good indoor smoke I would be one happy camper. Anything great or more I would be ecstatic no doubt about that. I cant expect for nothing too amazing due to first time mistakes, temps and humidity issues, and the DIYness of the grow however with enough time invested, research, and the input from yall I think I might just be surprised.

The way it's going I think you are going to be very surprised, I see smoke filled daze in your furture.

yeah agreed, genetics is not even 50% of the quality. How you grow it makes a huge difference, i've smoked street stuff that were grown properly and they put me into coma lol

Hah thanks guys for the words. Who knows what will come all I know is that it is coming haha. I got a few more pics to include a bit more into the set up and the scrog. The height adjustment is done by zip ties. SBG I went into Smokerjoe a bit more and damn that dude knows his plants. I was amazed and made sure to take notes and lots of highlights on what he did. Again thanks for the words guys, here are some pics. All 12 current budsites have made it to the top and all shining for me. All is looking good, now without further adou.......
SAM_1244.JPG

SAM_12431.JPG

SAM_1241.JPG

SAM_1240.JPG

SAM_1239.JPG

SAM_1238.JPG

SAM_1237.JPG

Welcome Jgutt22g!!!

So I may have an issue. I was doing my daily checkup and also watered today as you can tell she was a bit droopy today. I have began seeing some yellow leaves popping up.... Today I decided to remove some of those and noticed that about 10 % of the older leaves were yellow and unhealthy. The rest look fine, beside the drooping from being thirsty. PH issue or just normal yellowing?? Again I haven't had a PH meter this whole grow and have just been using tap water that has been set out. What you think...
SAM_12511.JPG

SAM_12521.JPG

SAM_12532.JPG

SAM_12551.JPG

It was transplanted from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon a week before the flip so about 20-25 days ago.... I was using some crappy dirt till that transplant to FFOF although I don't think its a deficiency. I have the deficiency chart and it only gets close to nitrogen..... IDK Im just hoping that shes throwing her attention to the buds not the leaves.

I was just thinking maybe it was root bound but not sure I only like to go about 3 to 3-1/2 weeks in a pot but they say a gallon of soil per month of growth

Trust me any guidance is appreciated in this grow as I did state my previous experience is definitely lacking in this category. I thought your 12 - 1 was in reference to female - male ratio not success lol.... I have always had great success with either dropping the beaners in tap water and setting the cup on a heater vent or the papertowel method with plastic wrap on top. As long as the beaners don't crush in your fingers.... they pop for me 95% of the time. I don't know I can have nute burn without nutes.... The potting mix I used was actually quite eased on nutrients to my surprise after some research...Although at this point I am thinking its still the prob if it be drainage or what.... I should've increased the perlite in it.... call that a lesson learned. And Equanimity I in no way feel patronized by your responses and in all reality I do appreciate the help and actually have 2 gallons sitting in a basin now as we speak for the next watering. The plant though is growing finally although the yellowing is moving up into the next set of leaves.
Sorry to interrupt you, but would you mind a newbie throwing out a question to all? I also have starting to really think about doing a grow for person use, but living on a fixed income, I've been following other peoples grows. I first wanted to see if I could germinate and top and fim so I thought, what would be better than using bag seeds. Unfortunately, what I usually get has quite a few...really cannot afford the "top shelf" lines that are around when they charge 25 a gram. But even with the commercial I get, it helps me cut back on the narcotics I need to take on a daily basis. They just passed a medical use law here, but it's gonna take 18 months to take effect, and the list that can use it is small, and only pill, edibles and vapor....anyway, I didn't use plastic wrap...could this be why my plants are getting long, but still only has 4 leaves. Or is water a factor...really don't know how much to water. I leave the water out, so I don't think Ph is a factor, but what do I know, I'm a Met and Jet fan!

Sorry to interrupt you, but would you mind a newbie throwing out a question to all? I also have starting to really think about doing a grow for person use, but living on a fixed income, I've been following other peoples grows. I first wanted to see if I could germinate and top and fim so I thought, what would be better than using bag seeds. Unfortunately, what I usually get has quite a few...really cannot afford the "top shelf" lines that are around when they charge 25 a gram. But even with the commercial I get, it helps me cut back on the narcotics I need to take on a daily basis. They just passed a medical use law here, but it's gonna take 18 months to take effect, and the list that can use it is small, and only pill, edibles and vapor....anyway, I didn't use plastic wrap...could this be why my plants are getting long, but still only has 4 leaves. Or is water a factor...really don't know how much to water. I leave the water out, so I don't think Ph is a factor, but what do I know, I'm a Met and Jet fan!

It sounds like your light isn't close enough. When a light is too far, seedlings tend to show a lot of stem growth, and very little leaf growth.

What kind of light(s) are you using, what wattage(s), and how far is/are the light(s) from the plants?

It sounds like your light isn't close enough. When a light is too far, seedlings tend to show a lot of stem growth, and very little leaf growth.

What kind of light(s) are you using, what wattage(s), and how far is/are the light(s) from the plants?
Thanks for responding, I always tell my better half, that 420ers are the best people. I'm using 2 23w (100w equiv) 6500k cfls at this point.

Thanks for responding, I always tell my better half, that 420ers are the best people. I'm using 2 23w (100w equiv) 6500k cfls at this point.

Yeah, in most cases that's absolutely true :thumb:

You have good bulbs there with the right color temperature for Veg, but how far are the bulbs from the plants? And how many plants?

Plastic wrap usually isn't needed for seedlings, unless your humidity is really, really low.

Sounds like Antics got you pretty much covered, learn from him and take his advice. As far as budget goes.... I really did this grow on a small budget, about 250 total. That was 160 on the light and ballast, 40 on soil, 30 on nutes, and 20 on the scrog supplies. Granted I don't pay electric so I don't know what that would have been. If you can cut the 160 down from the MH and HPS by using CFL's then you would be looking at some big saving and can easily grow for under 100. This was a budget grow too, but at the same time the money that you throw into the grow is a one time expense for the most part and should be considered more of an investment then an expense (besides the soil) Good luck man get a journal up when you get things kicked up. Antics what you think about the yellowing I got going on? I think that she stopped stretching for the most part I haven't seen any real growth in the last few days.

Yeah, in most cases that's absolutely true :thumb:

You have good bulbs there with the right color temperature for Veg, but how far are the bulbs from the plants? And how many plants?

Plastic wrap usually isn't needed for seedlings, unless your humidity is really, really low.
As of right now, there are 4 plants that have grown up from miracle grow seed starter in the "Cow Pots"(organic square pots you replant the whole thing when ready). There are also a couple of other ones that started to germinate...just threw a few seeds in just for the heck of it...as I said, they were bag seeds and really didn't expect them to grow.

Back
Top Bottom