Purple Chem Grown Indoors By Cookie Man

Later in the day from the last update on 4/11, I decided to do some pruning.

4-11-17-9.jpg
4-11-17-7.jpg
4-11-17-8.jpg

4-11-17-10.jpg

I'm not really sure why, except that I thought getting rid of all non essential growth was a good idea as I was now at 6 potential bud sites, which was my main goal to achieve before flipping to vertical growth. I am now a little concerned though about only having 6 bud sites. Although allowing two more bud sites on each side of the vine will create 10 bud sites per plant. That seems like it will be a bit crowded.

Here are some shots from today after they started to grow back again. I have let them start to turn up a little bit.

4-13-17-1.jpg
4-13-17-2.jpg
4-13-17-3.jpg
4-13-17-4.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I"m tempted to just let them go vertical to about 8 or 9 inches and then flip to 12/12. Aiming for 18" tall colas will optimally use my space. I think they will fill out nicely and have perfect light penetration and airflow. I'm aiming for nice dense colas and minimal fluff.

Happy 4/20 update. I am starting to be very happy that I decided to go vertical with the small size and aim for just 6 colas. The canopy is filling in nicely and should be just about perfect coverage and light penetration. I will try to resist all urges now to defoliate. They stand about 3 1/2" to 4" tall from the horizontal "floor". Anyways, here's some pics. Blaze it up. I'm enjoying some nice rosin from the girl scout cookies grow. Nice pleasant morning buzz. The cure on the GSC is still finalizing, it tastes great, but I want it to be just a tad bit drier. Knock on wood, but I haven't found any mold or mildew and we seem to be at a pretty good dry point. I want to be able to just barely crumble the flowers to roll a joint with no stems at all using only my fingers. But this damn shit is too sticky.

4-20-17-1.jpg
4-20-17-2.jpg
4-20-17-3.jpg
4-20-17-4.jpg

Happy 4/20 update. I am starting to be very happy that I decided to go vertical with the small size and aim for just 6 colas. The canopy is filling in nicely and should be just about perfect coverage and light penetration. I will try to resist all urges now to defoliate. They stand about 3 1/2" to 4" tall from the horizontal "floor". Anyways, here's some pics. Blaze it up. I'm enjoying some nice rosin from the girl scout cookies grow. Nice pleasant morning buzz. The cure on the GSC is still finalizing, it tastes great, but I want it to be just a tad bit drier. Knock on wood, but I haven't found any mold or mildew and we seem to be at a pretty good dry point. I want to be able to just barely crumble the flowers to roll a joint with no stems at all using only my fingers. But this damn shit is too sticky.

4-20-17-1.jpg
4-20-17-2.jpg
4-20-17-3.jpg
4-20-17-4.jpg
Found it! I'll be watching in the corner I love what ur doing and the plants look so good can't wait to see more

Hi, sorry for the delay in updates everyone. I have made some big changes and switched to flowering as well. I have decided to add a 4x4 tent and go for a perpetual grow. The 4x4 tent will be for flowering and the cabinet will be for vegetative growth.

5-6-17-2.jpg

5-6-17-3.jpg

Unfortunately one of my purple chems turned out to be a male. I think it could have been due to accidently leaving the light on for 24 hours right after I started flowering.

5-6-17-1.jpg

But I think i'll recover with the next grow started. I put 6 seeds of Blue Dream Haze Feminized from cali connection in dirt and they all sprouted after a few days. I put them in 5/1.

5-6-17-4.jpg

Flowering started 4/30 when I moved the girls to the tent.

5-6-17-5.jpg

I ended up re-arranging the room and splitting the intake fan between the tent and the cabinet. I had to partially plug the intake vent going to the cabinet with a filter cloth to force enough into the tent to have neutral air pressure. I think it goes without saying that there is nothing stealth about this grow anymore. Between 3 fans going full blast and the ducting, it is quite obvious now. But this way I'll be able to share plenty without worry of running out. I would like to do a different strain each month and then have some to save for long term variety.

Ok, so I have some yellowing going on in the center of the top of the remaining purple chem plant. According to the plant abuse chart and the troubleshooting guide it was a zinc deficiency. The more likely culprit was too high of a ph. I prepared a gallon of RO water with 5 mL of CalMag and then used a small amount to just wet the topsoil of the Blue Dream Hazes. I then put 10mL of FF Tiger Bloom, which I know is fairly acidic. I tested the pH and it came back pink on the test tube, 4 or lower. I then added 3mL of pH up. I must say, the use of a syringe with 1 mL graduations made the measurement of pH up very precise and easy. Sadly, I am now using syringes for my marijuana. :lot-o-toke:

The pH was tested again and found to be 6.0. I decided to go ahead and go with that since it is probably lower than the soil pH and still in the safe range. Before watering, I placed a clean drip tray under the plant. I dumped almost the whole gallon into the dirt from the top. Once the drip tray had filled up, I used a syringe to suck up some clean test water. I tested the pH and it was about 6.5. I think the use of 6.0 water was a good choice. I think I will water again with slightly acidic water when they are thirsty next.

Just cut, harvested, and washed the buds today. Currently in the drying box, 74% humidity, and 77 degrees. I just cut a new intake hole at the bottom to create better cross flow. Will see how the humidity drops, hopefully. I'm going to turn on my space heater to warm the room a bit more. I think I harvested a touch early, but I wanted the space for the flowering tent. The buds were starting to show some amber trichomes and mostly cloudy. Just the way I like it.

Edit: So about 10 minutees later the humidity in the bottom of the box is now 68%

Edit2: Now another 10 minutes or so later and the box has dropped to 60% humidity. Seems like this might be sufficient.

After some heavy computer usage to help relax and raise the room temp, the drying box is now at 87 degrees and 54% humidity. I turned the fan off for now to let the humidity raise back up a bit. The buds are no longer wet and seem to have "dried" from their washing.

Edit: It is now 30 minutes later and the humidity went up to 66%. I turned the fan back on after closing all the intakes. I'll see what happens now.

I ran the fan all night and day today on the drying box as I was worried about mold. I came home and found the temp to be 81 and the RH to be 41%. I unplugged the fan and moved the hygrometer to the middle of the drying buds to see whats going on there with the fan off for a while. I'm thinking I might just leave the fan off for the rest of the drying time to allow for a slower dry.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom