Purple Kush - Topping

Yeah.. Pretty easy to tell in your picture you have put much effort into yours. Six oz is great! Well, at least until the peeps that pull pounds off a plant chime in. Not a lot of color in those though. Maybe the different genetics is why you pulled more? If not, what did you do wrong with yours?

The color was amazing. A seas of blueish dark purple leaves. The reason why you see yellow is because it's the end of their life cycle, & their drawing in all the nutrients from there limbs as possible.. No organic ferts or nutes what so ever the last two weeks of flowering.. Straight RO water. You must do the same for yours as well. (If using hydro you must flush once a week in flowering) ;) Usually this is another way to tell your plants are close to harvest.. Yellowish dead leaves being sucked of nitrogen ;)

EDIT: IF you meant the bud(s), hahah then ya. Excuse my extreme stonerism's from time to time....Some had nice violete's in them and others had minimal. So it was the strains I crossed to get the one you see in the picture. But there are two different purples in it :) along with 2 other hybrids :) IMO most of the genes came from my xxx hybrids, because I do recall speaking about that with guys.. There was more color in the leaves then budz. :/

Oh I don't know, so much has to be taken into account as to yield. For example the amount of light used. Not everyone can afford the same amount of light. To say that someone did not care for or their technique is lacking with out knowing all the pertinent facts sounds a bit harsh in my humble opinion. Well either harsh or egotistical.

I should of took into consideration that he might of had a smaller light.. and was a newer grower.. It's been a long time since I've seen a plant produce less then a zip. But one can have a optimal plant regardless of yield. But for you to comment in such a way oldgrower you have to understand the world I live in.. lol, Egotistical? Maybe. But within reason. I've traveled the world doing what I do, so I guess I kind of unconsciously have a certain mindset.. Once again Spitz and oldgrower sorry if I came off rude. Didn't mean to at all, love, peace and happiness guys:Namaste::passitleft:

First time for me with PK and taking in all info that I can. Is straight water the last two weeks the norm or is this something you have just chosen to do? Mine are still just in veg so a way of yet. Cheers!

I only gave mine water with FF soil. Every time I gave her a good heavy watering, she showed just a bit of burn on her tips. From what I've seen, the genetics from Crop King are light feeders. Keep topping her every chance you can and spread her out. Hopefully yours show good color in the buds!

image34931.jpg

Yes mame :p. Purple's of all varieties is somewhat of my specialty. If your about to top purple kush I would start after the 3rd set of leaflets (depending on how much you want to top). How big are your ladie(s) by the way? You basically top them like you would any other plant. Find the main stock, go to the top find the internode or new branch growth and just below it, squeeze tightly with fingers and pluck the top off...

BUT, if you want to try something new and get a big producer try this... 3-4 weeks into flowering take a clone (even one with a flower on it) and put it back under a 18 hour light cycle so it can re-veg.. When it dose, and it will, just give it time (if you cloned one with a flower, it might take up to 3-4 weeks to rebound ((but it will ;) )). When it dose it will start shooting a TON of branch's (AKA Monster cropped). Then top those as well if you want even more lol,,, MAKE SURE you have a support system set up in place aka SCROG/yoyo's/netting of some sort/bamboo sticks, then hit her with 12/12 and watch your one plant yield up to 2.5 lbs wet. (depending on certain variations of course) Since I love the purple strains this is how i grow them. I yield some pretty big numbers in my purple gardens by doing this without continuously topping and wasting time in veg growth.. I find it quick and yield WAY more then your typical topping or two, in a shorter period of time. ;) :Namaste:

man this sounds like a sweet tip I'm going to try this nice post !!!!

First time for me with PK and taking in all info that I can. Is straight water the last two weeks the norm or is this something you have just chosen to do? Mine are still just in veg so a way of yet. Cheers!

If you are using synthetic/salt based nutes, yes final 2 is the norm. Organic nutes suggest flush at final watering.

If you are using synthetic/salt based nutes, yes final 2 is the norm. Organic nutes suggest flush at final watering.

If you are using ANY nutes/fertz what so ever you should flush the last two weeks of flowering, just before harvest. (minimum)ALWAYS remember,ONLY straight water for the last 2 weeks.:Namaste::thumb:

So to flush once a week is that the norm or just something u do?

It all depends. If your farming hydroponically yes, once a week while in flowering is the norm. (bare min imo)
If your farming in soil, then no. You want to try to stay clear of having to flush your plant during the first 5-6 weeks (depending on the strain) of flowering due-to, too many stress risks. Or flooding risks. In this case you would just feed it water the last two weeks of it's life "flushing" it clean of any left over salts/nutes ext... So your only getting the natural taste of the bud and not the salts or nutes used in the growing process. This would be the "norm" for soil farmers. :thumb:

i only flush two times the first time when i start flowering and two weeks left of flowing to flush out nunts for clean smoke

If using chem nutes/fertz I suggest doing it once a week ((Hydro)) .. *HIGHLY recommended*

You might have semi good budz now. But when you properly flush it tastes even better. I have tested flushing in all stages, it just doesn't taste the same when it's not done thoroughly throughout a hydro grow. I sware I can taste the difference between the same plant growing in the same conditions but one has been flushed one less time then the other. I'm sure you can too, if you specifically do a side "grow" and try exactly what I'm talking about you will see what I mean. The one that was skipped a week of flushing (just one week in flowering) tastes a little more "rough" or harsh on your lungs. You seem to be more prone to coughing and having to run for a glass of water sooner then the completely flushed plant. :Namaste::passitleft::Namaste:

ooo sorry i grow in soil not hydro but should i still flush more??? In soil i don't get root lock or any bad deficiencies munch anymore I'm good with my feeding now all the years messing up lol

ooo sorry i grow in soil not hydro but should i still flush more??? In soil i don't get root lock or any bad deficiencies munch anymore I'm good with my feeding now all the years messing up lol

If using chems it's always good to flush. If your a advanced grower (which to me it sounds like you kind of are ;) ) then go ahead and flush at will. It's always good to "start with a clean slate" regardless and it really helps wash out all the awky stuff.

I defiantly know what your talking about. trial and error is the best way of learning. lol

Ya for sure you make a real good point you can never go wrong i just did a big flush on my NL at week 7 and and i did a next flush on week 8 its done Dec1 witch is 9 weeks the try clones are mostly cloudy i want some amber its going to be my night time smoke but what I'm saying i should go to week 10 but i flush everything out will it kick that long ill load a pic in one sec and you can see

try clones

"Trichomes" lol

They look nice. May I suggest another tip for you? Since your waiting for the thrichomes to go a bit more amberish??...

(Here's another little secret master growers use all over the world)

In the last 48 hours of the plants life hit her with a 8/16 light schedule. That's 8 hours light and 16 hours of darkness. This give a certain stress to the plant where it goes into heavy trichome production. ONLY (at first, until you get the hang of it) do this for the last 48-56 hours of the plants life. Because if she goes past her threshold, she will start producing nanners, and trying to pollinate herself. Which is not what you want. So, try it for the last 48 hours on your plant, look at the trichomes before and after and your jaw will drop with amazement. Within (depending on strain) some cases it almost triples in trichome production.. This technique is used more on certain strains then others. aka, white widow, blue widow, white rhino & Purple haze skunk, basically any heavy trichome breed of plant. (marijuana) ext ext... Solely because those have high trichomes genetics naturally, but can't produce it in nature due to the lack of control of her enviroment and her eating habits/ nute intakes.. So this is where we step in with little tricks like this to help nudge them in the right direction get to their full trichome potential. ;)

wow ill have to try that the last 2 days i keep the plant in dark but not the 8/16 light schedule ill try this on my NL on the last few days and the NL plant would have more bud but the main stock snap so the plant starts to heal its self and stop bud making or slow it down buts its still doing good

Yet another question for you. What dictates flipping PK to 12/12? I am really trying to make sure I get this right - don't want to mess ups!

Back
Top Bottom