Purple Kush - Topping

Yet another question for you. What dictates flipping PK to 12/12? I am really trying to make sure I get this right - don't want to mess ups!

First off, we can flower marijuana anytime after 3 weeks (or sooner). It all depends really on the height and final desired size of the plant you want. So a general rule of thumb is expect the plant to double in size (sometimes even triple or more so know your genetics)

Now as for the PK, I like to grow them to 24 inch's in height then flip them over to 12/12. I find (after so many crops) that seems to be the purples "sweet spot". I dunno, this might just be me here, but when i let them go to 36 or 48 inch's they just don't seem to pack up with as much trichomes, and the effects are slightly less then when i flip em at 24 inch's ,,,when grown the exact same in every way possible :-S .. This might just be me but this is what I generally try to do, plus it ends up (depending on genetics once again...) getting to 54-64 inch's. A perfect height for my set up. I usually tell people to let PK's veg for 45 -60 days then hit em with 12/12. But remember the space you have to work with, and go from there ;) Longer the veg, the bigger the final plant size will be.:Namaste:

First off, we can flower marijuana anytime after 3 weeks (or sooner). It all depends really on the height and final desired size of the plant you want. So a general rule of thumb is expect the plant to double in size (some even triple or more so know your genetics)

Now as for the PK, I like to grow them to 24 inch's in height then flip them over to 12/12. I find (after so many crops) that seems to be the purples "sweet spot". I dunno, this might just be me here, but when i let them go to 36 or 48 inch's they just don't seem to pack up with as much trichomes, and the effects are slightly less then when i flip em at 24 inch's ,,,when grown the exact same in every way possible :-S .. This might just be me but this is what I generally try to do, plus it ends up (depending on genetics once again...) getting to 54-64 inch's. A perfect height for my set up. I usually tell people to let PK's veg for 45 -60 days then hit em with 12/12. But remember the space you have to work with, and go from there ;) Longer the veg, the bigger the final plant size will be.:Namaste:
Thanks for that. I am at about 18 inches and have some more plants of an undertermined (name/type) that need to get a bit taller so this could work well for flipping them all at the same time - sweet.

First off, we can flower marijuana anytime after 3 weeks (or sooner). It all depends really on the height and final desired size of the plant you want. So a general rule of thumb is expect the plant to double in size (sometimes even triple or more so know your genetics)

Just about ready to flip them and was wondering about what you think is preferred feeding. Sounds like they don't like heavy nutes what would your recommendation be that you find success with?

Mine are now in 6th week of flower and look amazing. Color is brilliant. They r not huge plants, but not bad for a first try with the PK.

Back
Top Bottom