Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

I like it, but Slim is right. A hempy bucket is a perlite or vermiculite/perlite mix and a bucket of some sort, with a hole drilled in 2 or 3 inches up from the bottom for drainage. It was originally developed to capture the runoff and reuse as the simplest form of hydroponics, although some may argue that a wick is simpler, however I don't see how because 1 hole in a bucket is far more simple than wicks and reservoirs and multiple holes in tubs and such. Hempy is also awesome for keeping the proper ph and mineral levels as you will always have an accurate reading around the roots from the runoff.

BUT...

A hempy grow can start with a seed in a pot filled 1/2-3/4 perlite and the top layer soil. The soil can provide a ton of nutrients while the roots make their way to the bottom. Then its prepared and the transplant takes the whole thing into a hempy bucket.

Either way that plant is sick and I'm keeping a Super Silver Haze fem clone to veg as long as it takes for it to grow to 6' tall and bushy. Then I'll flower her and see what she yields. The other one I will try for is a Crystal (Northern Lights x White Widow) monster from a clone after I get a female. I prefer to clone rather than buy fem seeds. Costs less and in the long run, I have only healthy females that I can grow perpetually. Awesome thought to have 100 plants all female on rotation. Currently maintaining 12 and its hard enough, imagine 100 :thedoubletake:

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

While it may not be a true hempy... it's still Hempy's!:grinjoint:

The bucket's the same, Hempy has just moved on to coco for the medium... and the results pretty much justify the move, eh? :)

While it may not be a true hempy... it's still Hempy's!:grinjoint:

The bucket's the same, Hempy has just moved on to coco for the medium... and the results pretty much justify the move, eh? :)

Yep, 3 parts perlite to one part vermiculite is the most commonly known and possibly the first variation (from what I've read, the style came from a guy (nic?)named Hempy in an article in HT from back in the 80's, but it was largely overlooked since thats when recirculating hydroponics took off, and not rediscovered/revived until recently). But like Herb said it could be a layer of soil above with perlite below, like Horse said coco coir can be used, also volcanic cider with soil above, and I'm sure there could be more.
:peace:

Pulled the other Purple Power in the DWC... it was a male. So now I just have the 1 DWC with the Lemon Skunk clone and the DWC in the flower room. I decided to make additional systems for different stages. This way I'm not flushing the newly flowering plants right after transitional nutes. Should help in the long run.

I also made a cloning setup that will contain a misting unit that I still have yet to acquire. I was thinking about buying 1 but any ideas would of course be appreciated.

cloner9.jpg

You can make a misting system real easy out of pvc. I got some at Lowes, bought some little mist heads. Only thing I did not do myself was drill the holes. Bought a submersilbe pump, I took my pump with me so I could make sure I got what I needed to attach it.
Sort of hard to see... basicly an L shape on each side.

2010_1106pp0036.JPG

Herbs, I was have to say that Tmac is on point with her misting system. I have a DIY system very similar. My other suggestion would be a pond fogger. They use a ceramic disc to create a cool mist that feeds the cuttings tip. You can find them on ebay for $30 or so. I have read that those foggers work well. Just my thoughts but as you know there are a million ways to fuck this chicken.

Here are a couple links to check out.

A few different ideas here.
Homemade cloner?
~~~~~
This is a tutorial I think.
Now I started mine off like a square, but it did not work well pressure wise. So I played with it and made the 2 L's. I think I bought a pump bigger than needed.
My DIY EZ-Cloner (really good way to clone)

Now I started mine off like a square, but it did not work well pressure wise. So I played with it and made the 2 L's

Thanks Van. Whats funny is that they looked great until the next day. I killed em all by forgetting to put water in the res. Stupid me. Cut 6 more yesterday so I'll show em next time around.

Pics...

Starting with the flower room.
Full-Shot.jpg

The Lemon Skunk Buds are looking nice and frosty!!!
Lemon-Skunk-Bud.jpg

Purple Power Flowers
Purple-Power-Bud1.jpg

Afghani after her flush... starting to come back it looks like. The ph of the runoff was below a 4.0 so I'm glad I flushed her. Also flushed Purple Power and Aurora Indica.
Afhani-after-Flush.jpg

AI after her flush
Aurora-after-Flush.jpg

I got some BLACK AND WHITE POLY from an online order and set up a better light management system than what I originally had. Looks a little more professional than tin foil... lol
Veg-Room-with-Poly.jpg

Top View... busted a CFL in the process so I need to go grab another 1 from Home Depot. Thinking of getting another True Color to replace the daylight bulb I broke so I'll have 3 of each.
Top-View-of-Veg-Room.jpg

And that's it for today. More pics and updates on the clones soon!!!! Check out the Closet grow link for an update on that as well.

Thanks for stopping in!!! :rollit:

below 4! woww and she still hung in there! cant wail til my girl catches up :) i got some high hopes for her mayn muahaha
Dawg we all mistakes and i think with clones its common.... cos i fucked up too! lol
i forgot to label my clones and i ended up with a male and hermie plant.... so i goto toss em out... not necessarily dead, but ima do so when they show root. so i have a peace of mind that i succeeded in my clonin experiment :)
:goodluck:

Yea man < 4.0. I have one of those General Hydroponics PH Kits with the dropper bottle and small vial. The color chart shows

Red 4.0 or less
Orange 5.0
Yellow 6.0
Yellowish-Green 6.5
Green 7.0
Blue 8.0 and higher

The water that went in was at Yellowish-Green and came out BRIGHT Red.

After a few flushes with 7.0 after that... the runoff was coming out at a mild Yellow 5.8-6.0

My local hydro guy told me to use Big Bloom in the flush to replace the nutrients I'm washing away, but I just went with plain old chlorine free tap. Seemed to do the trick. I may flush one more time this week, but we'll see what happens.

My local hydro guy told me to use Big Bloom in the flush to replace the nutrients I'm washing away, but I just went with plain old chlorine free tap. Seemed to do the trick. I may flush one more time this week, but we'll see what happens.

Blackstrap Molasses could be used instead of BB too, its got loads of micro's and carbs for quick energy

Thanks Van. I will stop at the grocery store on my way home tonight and get some Blackstrap for my next flush. I figure this Afghani was way too stressed top provide any sort of decent yield, so I took a small bud from the bottom and I'm attempting to clone it even though its been in flower for a long time. I have found that once the clippings start to root, simply pull the flower off the top as if you were topping the plant and all new growth is veg.

I ph'd all reservoirs today to 5.8-6.0 and got a watering can from home depot for 5 bucks for the soil pots. I now have 3 separate 5 gallon buckets for veg/clone system water, soil water, and flower res water to sit in and stabilize for use. Nutes are added on the 3rd day after chlorine is gone and then left to stabilize. PH adjusted on the 5th day, and then the change occurs and the buckets rinsed and refilled on the 7th day. Got it down to a science. This way I'm not constantly doing multiple steps on the same day like I was before with only 1 bucket.

New clones are alive and well and bubble system is up and running. Trying 2 methods at once. 2 were put in the 2" net pots with their cut stem sticking out of the bottom about 1/2" with only hydroton and the others were put into half of a rapid rooter plug and then surrounded with hydroton.

Unfortunately no pics at this time but I'll get to it tomorrow.

Awesome grow herbsnbuds. Keep up the hard work:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom