Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

I was considering making her a mother and bringing her to another secret location to be in veg again. I also would love to taste it but I think keeping her as a mother may be a better plan.

If it is decided, first step is to give her her own DWC bucket with 1/4 concentration veg nutes only. May even flush her while she reverts to eliminate any shock. Suggestions on this process are encouraged!

AND THIS IS POST 420!!!!!

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

It's been determined that the Lemon Skunk is female. She was placed in the flower room's DWC about a week ago and showed some hairs today. I love the hairy ladies!!! lol

:welldone: "hairy ladies" :rofl:

I'm glad you got a kick out of that Tmac. Thanks are in order as well.

Since you are still up... ever seen a little bitty flower on a cola bud before???

not sure what exactly you mean by little tiny flower. The bud itself is a flower but if your talking about a flower... flower, sorry I've never seen or even heard of it.

Are you talking about the little thing that grows on the top?

I mean a little flower, hope you dont mind but really want to have someone see this....

2010_1017smile0015.JPG

2010_1017smile0014.JPG

Does it have pistils or stamen? I've never seen anything like it. Hope its not a fungus.

I would remove it ASAP and if you want to find out what it is, clip it with sterile scissors and plant it some sterile perlite and see if it grows like a clone.

If no pistils or stamen, its probably a fungus and pray its the only one that forms

I've never seen a flower grow on another flower, especially that small so I can't give you a definite answer but I'd still be weary of smoking it. Still I'd pull it off and then check under a microscope

Will pull it in the morning. And check it out with a scope, I did look with a magnifying glass, from what I could see looked like a flower. We are winding down from fungus gnats, only spotted one today, while spraying again. hmmmm do they bring fungus as well as lots of their relatives? I thought the larva lives in the soil and the adults fly around laying more eggs.
Thank so much!

Just got back from my grow spot. One of the Purple Power plants in the veg room is flowering. It must have some cross with ruderalis, the autoflowering genome that makes the transition on its own with no light change.

Strange that its just 1 but I moved her to the flower room anyway. Pic update on her and the others later.

Way to go dude! I love your set up since it looks easy, and inexpensive, but it's obviously doing wonders. I have been going through my head how to do easy inexpensive set ups myself. But that shall take some time since I am waiting for my first female to come through so far. So jealous that you are going to yield every 2 weeks... Someday I will do that... But I got a long way to go! lol But seriously, your plants look great. :goodjob:

P.S. Your bud in the previous page looks amazing... I bet you it smoked amazingly!

Way to go dude! I love your set up since it looks easy, and inexpensive, but it's obviously doing wonders. I have been going through my head how to do easy inexpensive set ups myself. But that shall take some time since I am waiting for my first female to come through so far. So jealous that you are going to yield every 2 weeks... Someday I will do that... But I got a long way to go! lol But seriously, your plants look great. :goodjob:

P.S. Your bud in the previous page looks amazing... I bet you it smoked amazingly!

Thanks for stopping in Supernova and yes it does smoke amazingly. I still have a couple grams left of it. The bud weighed 5.5 grams and is dense but still has the crumbly texture. It was a perfect dry and cure.

As for the setup, it wasn't the cheapest setup in the world, but in no way was it expensive. The fluoro's in the veg room were actually free because my buddy already had em. The 2 HPS lamps cost a total of $300 and pots, tubs, buckets, soil, nutes and PH kit cost a little over $200

So for around $500 bucks + electric bill, I will be able to grow multiple ounces rather than spend $400 - $500 on a single ounce. I like the return on this investment.

You should check out this grow if you haven't already... 8000 Watts 6 Strains (by: Fluroman)

OK so I know I said pics but battery was low so no pics.

purple power in the left bucket started to show balls. I guess this strain will just show itself naturally. Kinda cool, except not cool on the balls.

So here's a list of females...

Soil
1 x Afghani
1 x Aurora Indica (took 1 clone)
1 x Purple Power

Hydro
1 x Lemon Skunk (took 1 clone)
1 x Bagseed
1 x Bagseed Clone
1 x AK-47 Clone ("Mini Bud")

Still to be determined...

Soil
4 x Super Silver Haze
4 x Purple Power

Also chopped a flowering clone that was experiencing massive root rot. I pulled her out of the soil and the very thin roots were almost completely decayed. It was in a red sand pail with no drain holes. And man did it stink like something died in there. Washed it out, chopped it and placed the stem in some spring water to flush it as much as possible. Hairs were actually 50% amber but there were really no trichomes so its going to be week to smoke. I may just trash it for fear of horrible taste. Or maybe just make some tea.

hey herbs your plants are looking real nice. i hope you dont run out of room haha. hey i'm really glad you posted your co2 recipe, i'm now using it on my new city citral which is 5 wks into flowering . i'm also following your aurora grow closely, i have one that i topped at the 5th node and is going into 4 wks veg. thanks for the education and keep up the good work.:thumb::nicethread:

it is a flower of some sort...
2010_1017smile00151.JPG

Yo! Thats a type of male/hermaphrodite flower nick-named 'bananas" cause thats what they look like kinda. Those will pollenate your buds, so usually you want to remove ASAP (water kills pollen so if it looks close to opening you might want to have a cup of water and a spray bottle handy....drop the 'nanas in the cup and if you see a poof/cloud of powder come from them spray everything you dont want to seed with water.

Back
Top Bottom