Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

mini-bud!!! hopefully shes tastes as fruity as she smells dawg! man.... that aurora moms gona make you happy one day bruh i can just feel it! im already thinkin bout my future mother plant ill have! gets me all antsy muahaha

by the way the co2 generator is bubblin away! good looks!

oo also, i still have yet to try to organic mg soil.... i know people say stuff about em, but ive heard a lot of shit that makes me not wana listen to anyboy really..... live and ylearn.... sorry you had gnats witem..... do you think the crop woulda been fine with a fungusgnat remedy? the pantyhose and perlite thing? was it you that told me about this?
just wondering mayne!

:popcorn: also curious how the lemon skunk would smoke.....mmmm :yummy:

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

like a lemony skunk lol

roots getiin big man and the aurora lookin good

Thanks Slim. Your words are relaxing my nervousness about these Purple Power that are autoflowering. They will not grow up to be a nice big cola plant. Guess I'm glad I topped them though. And the AI is the first clone of mine that didn't yellow any leaves. It is beautiful and will become a nice mother.

Herbs, great looking grow, gonna grab the lazy boy for this one. Everything is looking good and green. Keep up the grea grow

So I stopped by the grow rooms today to check on everything and so far so good except for the Afghani. She seems to be going through a tough time with some nute burn. I fed her accidentally from the flower nutes for hydro instead of the flower nutes for soil. In fact both the Afghani and the Aurora Indica both got the same feeding of this higher concentration but the Afghani seems to be taking it worse. Both are yellowing badly and I'm pretty sure this will be my last soil grow. Its just too much damn effort to feed and then feed again and keep track of what you gave em. Hydro is a once a week nute change and much more simple. They are both getting plain dechlorinated (not really a word but you get the point) water from now on. All new growth is coming out greener and the flowers look fine so hopefully no harm done.

A few pics...

nute burn
nute-burn.jpg

bag seed flower - SOG
bag-seed-sog.jpg

the beautiful clone and all her trichomes
clone-bud-close-up.jpg

lol see I see it the other way around herb. I'm enjoying soil a lot more. All that checking ph and f*cking with it everyday was a hassle. Granted I had a few buckets, maybe a lot easier with like a single rez. i did a ebb n flo once n it was pretty cool but got infected.

That's another thing, mad infection for me the whole way through the hydro grow. And it was always a mess and a headache trying to calculate nutes down to PERFECTION everytime. If I was a lil off of somethin then you'd notice n id get stunted action all the time.

But hey to each his own?.. We'll see, I told myself after this grow I'd go back to hydro so.

Either way, the plants look good. Did you flush the one you gave the wrong nutes? or you jus lettin it ride it out?

Just gonna let it ride out. The veg leaves fall off in flower anyway for most plants so I'm just hoping the new growth stays nice and green. Till then I'm just :popcorn:

lol see I see it the other way around herb. I'm enjoying soil a lot more. All that checking ph and f*cking with it everyday was a hassle. Granted I had a few buckets, maybe a lot easier with like a single rez. i did a ebb n flo once n it was pretty cool but got infected.

That's another thing, mad infection for me the whole way through the hydro grow. And it was always a mess and a headache trying to calculate nutes down to PERFECTION everytime. If I was a lil off of somethin then you'd notice n id get stunted action all the time.

But hey to each his own?.. We'll see, I told myself after this grow I'd go back to hydro so.

Either way, the plants look good. Did you flush the one you gave the wrong nutes? or you jus lettin it ride it out?

Correct me if someone knows better, but technically isnt growing with FF ocean forest or Pro Mix, or Sunshine ..etc (i.e. sphagnum gypsum mixes) just the most simple form of hydroponics. There is technically a significant difference in comparing potentials for a indoor grow with soil-less grows vs. actual soil grows. From what I've seen a finely tuned soil-less (simplest hydroponic) grow can yield close to or the same as what people generally think of as hydroponics in a watt/gram comparison. I am guilty of both listing my grow journal and usually referring to my medium as "soil", but technically it is as soil-less as expanded clay or hydroton, etc. because I use only Ocean Forest, Pro-mix, and volcanic cinder. No soil.

In a way Van however hydro really stands for a growing method to introduce nutrients to the plants roots that are not part of the medium and therefore in a solution of water (ie. hydro) which does not rely on the medium to contain them.

Just because there is no soil, doesn't mean its hydro. :tokin:

In a way Van however hydro really stands for a growing method to introduce nutrients to the plants roots that are not part of the medium and therefore in a solution of water (ie. hydro) which does not rely on the medium to contain them.

Just because there is no soil, doesn't mean its hydro. :tokin:

exactly, hydro is growing plants using a ph neutral soilless medium which has zero nutrients, all nutrients are delivered in a solution of water, thats how I am growing my plants. by all technical aspects, it is a form of hydro. :peacetwo:

All good Van. Nothings changed, I still hate soil. And the bugs piss me off even more. :smokin:

All good Van. Nothings changed, I still hate soil. And the bugs piss me off even more. :smokin:

I guess I am doing poorly at making my point. Soil and soilless grows are two completely trips. Soilless (using pro-mix or other sphagnum based medium) is very closely related to hydro, if not literally a form of hydro. Soil grows are not really similar to soilless or hydro.

So when you say you you hate soil, do you mean soil or soilless?
Not trying to change your mind dude, just trying to make a distinction.
:peacetwo:

Just hate soil itself. Soilless mixes are ok in my book, as long as they are nutrient free, ph neutral, and inert. FFOF is not nutrient free and is technically soil so I'm not a fan.

The reason is the overall yield and quality of the bud is much more controlled in a hydro setup. I don't have to worry about over or under watering, feeding etc. Hydro is my new best friend!!!

Update

AI getting greener and no burn
Aurora-Indica.jpg

Afghani not so lucky...
Afghani3.jpg

Purple Power DWC in the veg room double topped. This one didn't show its sex yet. Either way, it will undergo transitional nutes next Sat. 1/2 veg, 1/2 flower, and no supplements
purple-power-double-topped.jpg

Back
Top Bottom