Purple stalk and purple on parts of the leaves

ride it out i guess. go easy on the nutes.

also i believe gaia green is organic based - also not the best for this media. coco /peat / perlite is considered a neutral or hydro type app. organics like the gaia green and the poop aren't really suited.

we need someone like @Emilya to pop in and straighten some of the basics around a bit.

edit: also don't panic. nothings on fire. i don't see heart stopping issues.
Bro thank you for the input I'm gonna water with ah lower pH level, I believe my pH was to high. And you right nothing on fire. lol...

Yeah...coco + peat means you are soiless medium. Your nutes at >6.5 will have problems being absorbed.

Bluter and Nutty are on it. You appear to have cal&mag issues. Maybe due to pH? Could be due to mixing organics and soiless. @NuttyProfessor is doing this kind of run (coco&organics) with great results. However, he is a bit more ahead on the learning curve.

Given your medium, I would flush and stary anew with pH'd inputs for your current medium.
I didn't realize to research the proper pH for coco tell I seen signs obliviously. But I believe I got it under control atm, I'm super thankful for all the advice and thoughts being shared. I'm using cal-mag and adjusting the pH around 5.6-5.9. Does that sound like ah good pH range for my medium?

There is so much out there it is predictable that we will encounter problems starting off.

All of the choices and the overall parameters that some need to be operated at, was not taught to us in high school.

That's the beauty of this site and it's members. It contains an immense amount of info and very helpful people.

And purple stem is almost always a condition of genetics combined with feeding if your starving the plant the purple comes out from stress and the release of anthocyanins not ph related. When the ph is an issue you will see twisting leaves and abnormal color like yellowing and strange cellular growth.
Straving you say? Hmmmmm... I feed them gaia green 4-4-4 with stalker stiffener and kelp once ah week. Because isn't gaia green ah slow release nutrient? I water 2 times ah week. But I'm hearing gaia green isn't good for using in coco grows. So maybe I could be straving them. I have slight discoloration in some leaves but nothing major and I believe that's from the pH being to high from the start.

If Gaia Green is a slow release nutrients, it needs to stick around in a soil and get broken down. Coco drains so quickly, organics may have a hard time sticking and being effective.

This
There is so much out there it is predictable that we will encounter problems starting off.

All of the choices and the overall parameters that some need to be operated at, was not taught to us in high school.

That's the beauty of this site and it's members. It contains an immense amount of info and very helpful pe

Some organics can indeed work in coco... geoflora is one of those, because everything comes with it, the minerals and the microbes. Water based hydro systems wont work, because there is nothing to latch onto. In this case, I would say that the gaia stuff isnt working so well, probably due to a lack of the correct microbes, and that pH is definitely a factor in getting the needed non organic supplements to the plant.
What nutrients do you recommend for coco?

I am not a coco person. Just stating what i know and have observed. These other members are way more experinced with coco; listen to them. My exposure to hydro nutes is zilch. I am an organic grower.

We have wonderful sponsors and for ease, since you are in coco? Perhaps MegaCrop? These members get fantastic results with their product. Ask around about feeding schedules.

don't worry about the purple stems. blood in the veins. bomboclaat lol :bongrip:

edit : i use MC. works good in hempy. other nutes do too. i find it super easy as well

I do not need ph pen or up and down in soil so no one else should need it either is my point.

easy beantown. the OP is not in soil. that is the crux of the issue.

you're calling oranges here, we're still trying to pick apples. it's all good.

ive seen this happen another person not too long ago the gia green is a monthly thing , it must take bit of time to break down , if you have been feeding this weekly , the roots are about to catch fire, and you could end up locking out , I would give plain ph water
I am trying organic coco though i did add a tad of peat moss, blended manure and compost for microbes ,
Its a first for me so I cant give much more advice
basically its like the promix only the peat moss and coco are swapped percentages, i used higher amounts of coco making it a bit different , and far better for the planet as the peatmoss takes hundreds of years and coconuts are plentiful and the waste is used to make our potting mix ;) i use half the lime i would have peatbased

only other thing is how are your watering ,? do you soak the full pot and get a little run off , let dry almost out then water again, it all depends on the other inputs in your mix ,

Plants can look hungry but there is a pot full of stuff but its unavailable for them if there is excess or they are in the wrong ph zone, too warm or cold they show hunger also , it can be tricky at times

have you the full recipe for you soilless mix ?.

Back
Top Bottom